bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 38 degrees in 30 minutes  (Read 18018 times)

buddyjc

Re: 38 degrees in 30 minutes
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2007, 03:35:37 PM »

No, actually I was here when it snowed.  The girls came in and said it was 'raining funny.'   :)  (Florida raised)  Yeah, I had forgotten about that. 

hillsbororiver

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2007, 10:27:11 AM »

The girls came in and said it was 'raining funny.'   :)  (Florida raised) 

;D That is beautiful! I love the way kids express themselves sometimes, for a while my niece as a toddler would tell anyone wearing a cologne or perfume, "You stink good."

Joe

buddyjc

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2007, 11:22:37 AM »

The girls came in and said it was 'raining funny.'   :)  (Florida raised) 

;D That is beautiful! I love the way kids express themselves sometimes, for a while my niece as a toddler would tell anyone wearing a cologne or perfume, "You stink good."

Joe

Now that's funny. 

Patrick

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2007, 12:25:31 PM »

It's 26 F here at my place this morning; either the pump is down or my water has turned to ice in the pipes.
They did not do much insulating in these older houses "back in the day" cuz it don't freeze very much in the Phoenix area. Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 12:28:15 PM by Patrick »

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2007, 12:32:21 PM »

To All,

Our power went off last night.  And church got cancelled. I HATE THIS WEATHER. 

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

longhorn

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2007, 01:28:08 PM »

It's fixing to get real ugly here in NE Texas.  Tell me when it's over.

Longhorn

buddyjc

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2007, 02:21:34 PM »

Well Joe, maybe its a good thing we live in sunny Florida. :o 

hillsbororiver

« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2007, 03:02:41 PM »

Yes Brian, I wasn't going to rub it in but..................

Tampa, FL

Weather Traffic At a Glance

Presently 78°F

Mon:  81F / 62F

Tue: 80F / 61F

8)

I will put on my shades, go outside and not get so low as to gloat, 

Joe 

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2007, 03:04:27 PM »

Joe,

I hope you enjoy your warm weather.  I guess I will have to go and bundle up warm to run and get some Dr. Pepper eventually.  See you later.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

buddyjc

« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2007, 05:12:59 PM »

Yes Brian, I wasn't going to rub it in but..................

Tampa, FL

Weather Traffic At a Glance

Presently 78°F

Mon:  81F / 62F

Tue: 80F / 61F

8)

I will put on my shades, go outside and not get so low as to gloat, 

Joe 

I kicked off the shoes, put on shorts and washed the van, and then gave the dog a bath.  Yeah, its nice to be WARM. 

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2007, 05:26:03 PM »

Okay to All your WARM people,

Please, please, send some of your warmth to Texas.  We would appreciate.  I have not heard from Longhorn today. I hope he is not having to forage in the scare forests of Texas for firewood.  ;D

Missed you today Longhorn.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

longhorn

« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2007, 06:56:48 PM »

As of right now, we are getting freezing drizzle which is suppose to get a little heavier and continue through the night.  No power lines down yet, but the trees and lines are starting to get a pretty good accumalation of ice.   Guess we Texas can't complain too much, it has been a really mild winter.

Longhorn

Patrick

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2007, 07:06:30 PM »

I have been on top of the house, and in the attic reparing the damage. I will have to do some sheetrock repair tomorrow, I quit for today. Lots of folks reparing damage today; Home Depot was packed with folks buying all kinds of plumbing supplies and insulation.

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2007, 07:44:10 PM »

Longhorn,

Yep we are blessed to live in Texas.  I am not used to cold weather that often.  Glad to see you are online.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

hebrewroots98

« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2007, 08:36:50 PM »

hello everyone,
I'm back (praise God) after a bout with by lower back problem.  I have enjoyed this thread as I sit here in the comfort and warmth of my living room looking out the front windows at the beautiful glass neighborhood.  All of the pine trees, yards and streets are covered in ice; it is so beautiful.  (yes, West Tx has some pine trees and The Lord blessed me with those b/c I love green trees.)   

Apparently, 2006 was the warmest weather on the books in Texas history.  We're starting out with a bang this new year tho! 
(I wonder if the 'HAARP' station in Alaska is altering the weather patterns again?  They have the technology to mess with the electrical currents to alter the weather conditions.  I believe that this is where El Ninia and La Ninio came from a while back.)

Patrick, yes we just got backa souple of months ago from visiting the Grand Canyon; we got lots of pix too.  It is very MAJESTIC to see and especially when your 8 yr old little boy wants to go out to the very, very, very edge of the mile+ drop off so he can experience the canyon 'close up' (meanwhile...mom is holding her breath and his arm as well.) 

Yes, I used to live about 15 miles from Lake Erie/(Cleveland, Ohio area)...it too is massive and beautiful (looks like an ocean.) The drastic extremes of weather that I have been is is when I lived in Minnesota where it was -39 degrees (your nostrils freeze together and you must pull them apart; and then in Saudi Arabia where it was 146 degree heat (feels like sitting in your pick up truck on a 100 degree day and then putting your heater on full balst...ughhhh;   it's a great way to loose weight tho ;D)

Well, gotta get up and look out the front door before it gets too dark for me to see this beautiful ice land.  (Stay warm Longhorn ;)  and for those of you in FLORIDA...WELL...you should repent! ;D ;D   

longhorn

« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2007, 09:05:48 PM »

Got the fireplace thing going, plenty of firewood and hot chocolate.  God is good.  Hope all out in west Tx make it through without much ice damage.  All the animals have been fed, a couple of cats I havent seen before have made their way into the barn, and are enjoying the companionship of Doodle, Petmont and Salem.

Love in Christ

Longhorn

hebrewroots98

« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2007, 09:38:24 PM »

Hey Longhorn,
I can relate.  I have three dogs in the house and they think they are in heaven.  (Ha, 'Sadie' our bassett Hound is laying down on a rug and (iwas as snug as a bug in a rug ;D, that is, until I blew my nose and my nose ???WHISLED???  ???QUITE LOUDLY, and she jumped up startled wondering what that sound was ??? ;D) (I know, you could have probably done w/o that info.) 

I thought about getting the hot chocolate going too; I just had hot buttered popcorn, I think I'll join ya...
And about having no ice damage; I'll drink to that :D.  I like days like this too cuz DH gets to stay home from work and we get to have fun with him :D

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2007, 10:06:25 PM »

Longhorn,

Yep things out here in West Texas are fine, though bitterly cold.  No ice damage.  Did you experience any power loss today?  We had our power go out brieftly and it was cold.  I am thinking I am getting sick becuase of it.  So you all pray for me.

Good, guess the foraging went well.   :D

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

gmik

« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2007, 01:29:44 AM »

Here in Michigan, getting ice & sleet.  Figures.  We have tomorrow off anyway for MLK day.  Teachers hate that cuz we love getting ice days off WHEN we have the kiddies, not when its off anyway!!

We get plenty of snow/fog/ice days off up here. Last year got 10 days of it but didn't have to make any up.

Just spoke w/ my son in Florida (or Flordia as my 4th graders spell it) and they just got back from Clearwater Beach.  Ugh.  I was sitting on the couch with my blanky watching TV. Ugh again.

I keep trying to pray that I will accept that this is where God put me and to accept, enjoy and shut up about it.  Don't know why I want to run off to Flordia :P

love,
gena

by the way, I just love this thread.  I dunno but I like knowing what you all are doing!!

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2007, 03:13:36 AM »

Gena,

Yep, the warm weather in Flordia is tempting me, but all said and done, Lubbock Is my home sweet home.  I could not imagaine being happier any where else  Those I could imagine being warm and not running the darn heater.  The electric bill is going to be horrendous. 

Yeah I like this thread becuase we can keep up with eachother and share details that we normally would not get in another thread.

Well I will see you fine people later today.  Have a great night's sleep.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 22 queries.