bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: 38 degrees in 30 minutes  (Read 18019 times)

hillsbororiver

Re: 38 degrees in 30 minutes
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2007, 10:33:04 AM »

I pray that all of you who are experiencing severe weather are safe and warm this morning, those of us in Florida have had to deal with the aftermath of a few hurricanes in times past and having no power or even water for a few days can be a real trial. At least we did not have to deal with freezing temperatures, my heart goes out to you guys.

His Peace and Comfort to you,

Joe 

Patrick

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2007, 11:12:34 AM »

20 degrees here this morning; no ice or anything like that. 75 miles North of me it was 15 below zero (Flagstaff area).

I never thought I would leave TX; now I don't think I will ever go back, unless God drags me back. Since my dad died, most of my family has moved away from the Big Spring area. My older brother is still in Coahoma, everyone else has either moved to Austin or left the state and moved to New Mexico.

sansmile

• my beautiful grandchildren
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2007, 11:49:23 AM »

Hiya All,

Well, thought i'd let u know what it's like here in London, although in a few hours time I will be in Northern Ireland for my aunts funeral.
U.K has actually had quite mild weather, although the past week gale force winds and rain have been hitting the North. I love seeing your posts about ranches and farms and stuff sounds like "movie" stuff i used to watch as a kid. lol

Have a blessed day
Sandie x
Walk in the Spirit

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2007, 12:53:30 PM »

Joe,

Thanks for your warm words of encouragement.  THey are arppeciated.

To All,

THE SUN HAS COME OUT.  YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.  I am so happy.  The clouds and no sunshine was depressing me severely.  I hate bad weather, but therre is sun outside and it is shining ever so brightly.  I love it.  Perserverance.  Though the weather looks fickle over the next few days.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

hebrewroots98

« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2007, 05:37:44 PM »

Patrick,
I thought I had heard you correctly in saying that you were from West Tx.; come to find out, you are in Arizona?  I was almost going to contact you to have a get together here in Lub. with Anne and myself, but, I think it would be way too far to drive here from Az.  now. :(Wow, Az. with -15 degrees??? :o)

Yes,  Longhorn, very little outage damage here, thanks Lord.  It turned out very sunny today (only 19 degrees outside tho.)   8)burrrrrrr!  This sun can fool you b/c it is gonna get 13 degrees tonight and not much warmer for the rest of the week than it is now.

At least DH is home, he only had to put in  hrs today ;D; he just took Daniel to Anne's for piano lessons b/c I still am too weak in my back to drive or bend.  Another night on the couch last night; I miss my bed :( ;)  Maybe tonight tho.

Sandie,I am sorry to hear about the passing of your Aunt (be careful driving into Ireland in those gale force winds and rain.)  We will be praying for you and your strength during this very difficult time.  I'm sure that your Aunt loved you very much for being such a good neice to her and for loving her as you did.  I thought it ironic (God thing) that you quoted the Psalm 23 b/c I spoke that over my Grandma b/f  :)she passed and I know it was a comfort to her.  BTW, I don't think that one can get any more TEXAN than our precious LONGHORN ;D, (yeee haaa)  Anne and I live in a city of 215, 000 people ;) but, there are tons of farms and ranches on the outskirts of town :D

Gena, Bummer to not get more snow days off, I remember those days as a kid up there in Ohio :D Seems that is typical Northern weather (sleet and ice), I donb't like getting out on the streets down here in inclimate weather since alot of people in this area have no experience in driving in weather like this; shoot, they hardly use salt on the roads, they use more dirt :o It's not too funny, but, you see so many wrecks on the news on icy days around here, it's unbelievable ;)  ....Clearwater Beach???  What is a beach ???, as all we have around here is lots of dust and sand ;D

Well, gotta go and get some more hot chocolate tos tay warm; but I'm out of my fav. choc chip cookies; (gotta call DH at Anne's-he's gotta go to the store anyway :P :P ::) ::) ;D ;D

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2007, 06:16:11 PM »

Susan,

Now I cannot imagine why you would want chocolate chip cookies.   ;D  Good luck in getting some.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

Patrick

« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2007, 07:19:32 PM »

Susan, I was born in Big Spring, TX and lived in Coahoma, TX.
I moved to AZ in 97'.

Anne, my Grandmother's maiden name was McGuire, raised in the Colorado City, TX area. 

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2007, 08:46:44 PM »

Patrick,

That's pretty interesting.  I do not know that any of our relatives lived in Colorado City, but I will check into this.  That would be wild if we were related somewhere down the road.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

hebrewroots98

« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2007, 09:18:45 PM »

Anne, them thar cukies shur war guud. ;)  (Hopefully this isn't how others see us Texans ;D)  (Anne, the treadmill is up and working and I tried to get on it today at the slowest speed and had to get off.  Maybe tomorrow.)

Wow Patrick, why did ya have to move?  We could be fellowshipping in person right about now.  ;)  Hey, that is pretty neat that your relatives have (one) of the same last names that Anne has; mu sentiments exactly...you could be related :D

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2007, 09:52:49 PM »

Susan,

I cannot believe you are teasing me about those cookies.  Well guess what Susan,  ;D ;D ;D oh man this is going to be evil and I do not apologize for it now.   ;D ;D   ;D  You'll be needing that treadmill after eating those cookies.  Now you could have eaten them and gotten only half of those calories had you shared with some poor unforunate soul such as myself.  I hope you enjoyed your cookies.  I'll get some eventually.  I am going to make some homeade.  I want cookies.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

hebrewroots98

« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2007, 10:19:58 PM »

Yep, Dh got me some cc cookies; (going, going...gone.MMMM, MMMM, , gooood.) ;D :P :P :P :P

Patrick

« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2007, 10:48:31 PM »

I was working for Schlumberger and they gave me 3 options. Move to Michigan, move to Kellyville, OK, or find another job cuz the specialty work that I was doing came to an end in the area.
So, I walked out and was moving 3 days later to get as far away from the oil field as I could.

hebrewroots98

« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2007, 12:09:52 AM »

Patrick,
Well, if your'e ever in good ole' Lubbock (your home away from home, or close to it), you just stop by!!! :D :D
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 22 queries.