bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Discernment  (Read 12123 times)

Kat

Re: Discernment
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2007, 03:39:13 PM »

Hi Rob,

I have attended the monthly biblestudies at Ray's house for a year now. 
I guess Ray has answered thousands of emails, can't even guess at how many.
He gets a lot of hateful emails towards himself and the Truth he is sharing.
But I do not believe any of his answers are in anger, he is defending the Truth.
He gets terrible accusations made about himself and what he is doing, every day in emails.
I do not believe Ray is fighting back with his responses, but rather warning these people. 
I don't think these people are aware they will be held accountable for their words to him. 
I think he has been given discernment and answers appropriately.
I will say he gets very enthusiastic and it is expressed in his words and people may think it's a little too strong for them. 
But I pray he never looses that enthusiasm. 
He is a rather astute person, and I think he can read people very well.
I have always felt very welcomed in his home. 
He is down to earth and does not put on airs, or try to come across as superior. 
He has a sense of humor, but never makes fun of people. 
He is just an all around good guy  :)

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

sj

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2007, 04:16:14 PM »

I would rather lurk in the shadows and read what is said then post something and feel like a complete idiot.

;D.  Been there done that Anne!  I've had to delete several posts after a little reflection on them.  Alot of the times I wasn't sure if it was the right thing to do or not but I have been where what Joe is describing {noone answered me} so I had to assume I was asking something really stupid and went ahead and deleted.

Mark,

It is sometimes a bit confusing or maybe even hurtful when we feel strongly compelled (perhaps Spirit driven) to post a comment or scripture that seems to either be ignored or of little interest to the membership. A while back while privately discussing this with another member through PM's it struck me that perhaps this is exactly the way He planned it because a few things may be happening that we are totally unaware of.

1. The scripture or comment posted may be addressing an issue another (non posting) member may be presently struggling with.

2. A guest who "stumbled" onto Bible Truths may have needed those exact words at that exact time.

3. The poster learns more patience and receives an increased faith that they did the right thing at the right time without any reward or acknowledgement.

We are admonished to treat strangers with charity having no hope for worldly gain as a result, I believe this holds true in our interactions here as well. So my point is if one is compelled to write something there may be an extremely good reason for it no matter what the visable reaction may be.

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

Joe & Readers,

Let me just say that the members of this board have been a huge source of encouragment in my pursuit of truth over the last several months. Let me be a witness to the three points that you have brought up...

1.  I am often times a "lurker" here on the board observing the thoughts of others... it is no strange occurence for me to "log on" to find that someone else is already discussing and topic that I have been meditating on and considering asking.

2.  About a month after finding Bible-truths.com, I stumbled onto the forum to find Bible-truths is not simply the attempt of one man trying to expose a "different theology" but it is a community of believers who are desiring to go further than the status quo.

3. There have been more then a few times where I had a question that burned inside of my thoughts, yet when I asked it... it seemed as though the majority was silent... I can remember checking the board several times to find that only a handful of people had responded if any... yet, I did learn patience... and as I waited God began to reveal those truths to me in His time.

I have never seen any of you face to face, but let me say I love each one of you and pray for you. I hope that my often silence is not misunderstood as anything other then thoughtful contemplation.

May God help us all.
Josh

whatslifeallabout

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2007, 05:44:24 PM »

Thanks Kat and Joe for the insights!

I look forward to getting to know many more of you through this discussion board in the days to come.  I may not be able to log on too often over the next nine days, however, as my sweet wifey and I will be celebrating our 30 years together on a Hawaiian cruise. 

And I want you to know that she had NO FREE WILL in choosing or determining the cruise, since I was the one surprising her with the tickets!

Of course, I guess I likewise had no free will either in the matter either... hmmn, my brain is starting to hurt again...

Have a great day!

Warmly,
Rob

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2007, 06:56:31 PM »

I look forward to getting to know many more of you through this discussion board in the days to come.  I may not be able to log on too often over the next nine days, however, as my sweet wifey and I will be celebrating our 30 years together on a Hawaiian cruise. 

Rob

Hey Rob,

Why don't you suprise us all with cruise tickets, we'll get Ray and have the next conference at sea ;D

Craig
« Last Edit: January 19, 2007, 09:19:37 PM by parsonssc »

whatslifeallabout

« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2007, 11:06:58 PM »

LOL :D :)

Hey, except for the part about me getting everyone's ticket, that is a PHENOMENAL IDEA!  the best place on earth (or water) to have a conference would be on a cruise!

Or you all feel free to join me in March --  I'll be dramatizing the messages of the Apostle Paul on location while on a cruise to Phillippi, Thessalonica, Corinth, Ephesus, etc March 17-31st (www.DramaticImpact.com, www.PilgrimTours.com)

Goodbye for now, better finish packing --I'll try to log in from port cities in Hawaii and say hi when I have a chance!  http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/fleet/shipInformation.html?shipCode=PRIDE%20ALOH

Have a great week-

Warmly,
Rob

hebrewroots98

« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2007, 04:42:57 AM »

I pray for discernment everyday and I still lack often.  I need you all ot hold me accountable or otherwise I may stagnate in my spiritual growth and maturity.  I haven't arrived and am always wanting to know if I have ever been less than Godly.  I believe that you all are some of Gods' greatest creation and I know that you are making HIM soooo happy by your comittments to living as Godly examples :D   You have all blessed me wether I have told you personally or not.  I try to be guided by the spirit as to which emails to read and which to respond to; I want to read and respond to all of them , but, not enough time. :(

hillsbororiver

« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2007, 01:23:42 PM »

Some outstanding responses folks, thank you very much. We all need reminders from time to time and the Lord will speak directly to our hearts in some cases and use the brethren to reach us in other situations.

I appreciate this fellowship much more than I could ever put into words.

His Love and His Peace to all of you,

Joe

gmik

« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2007, 11:35:57 PM »

Rob, have an awesome time on your vacation.  How cool.  I am hoping to do the exact same thing on our 35th!!

Stay safe, hope to hear from you soon.

gena :)

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2007, 03:02:15 AM »

To All,

This is probably my shortest post.  You guys are awsome, and it is a blessing to consider all of you family.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 22 queries.