bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Isiaah and the flood account saying the same thing?  (Read 5027 times)

Martymonster

Isiaah and the flood account saying the same thing?
« on: January 14, 2007, 09:43:49 PM »

Hi there people!

I was reading Isaiah and I was dumb founded at what I was reading!
It seemed to be saying the same thing as the flood accound in Genesis, just in different lanuage!

What I get from the flood account is this (not in detail cuz I don't know)

The world is the church.

the Ark is the Cross.

Noah is Christ.

The flood is humanity.

the rain is God's judgment. (duh!)

Noah's family are the elect (or chosen)

This is a breif overveiw of what I get from the flood account.

God's judgment starts with His own house hold (a man' enemies shall be the members of His own house hold)
God is calling his elect to come out of the the world (the church) because He is going to send the waters upon it (many nations, vast sea of humanity) to trample down her courts and everyone found therein.
but the one called of God are being called to take up the cross of Christ and escape the coming judgment, those who are found worthy to escape the coming judgment are those who believed Christ (Noah) and find saftey in the cross (Ark)

Isaiah seems to be saying the same thing, but in more detail, and in Isaiah the church is a vinyard (Israil)
I won't post that aswell, I will say though go read it yourself, it will shock you!

I'm not saying that that is exactly what it's saying, but it sure looks that way to Me!

rrammfcitktturjsp

Re: Isiaah and the flood account saying the same thing?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2007, 10:03:06 PM »

MM,

That's pretty interesting.  Thanks for post.  That's certainly food for thought right there.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

Brett

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 01:25:29 AM »

Martymonster,

Good post. I am interesting. what chapter do you read Isaiah? I like to read it.

Thank you,

Brett :D

iris

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2007, 01:33:12 AM »

Hi Martymonster,

That was a very interesting post.

I was wondering where in Isaiah you were reading?

I too would like to read it.

Iris

Martymonster

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2007, 01:38:43 AM »

Have'nt finnished reading it yet, but I'm sure the whole of Isaiah can't be talking about the judgment on the church.

I just started reading it from the start and it sounds like thats what He's talking about from the start of Isaiah but I haven't made it past verse V yet!

The dead give away is the part that talks about the vineyard and removing the fence from around it, which totally matches what it is saying in the account of Noah!

bobf

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2007, 10:55:43 PM »

Isaiah 54

5 For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called.

6 For the LORD hath called thee as a woman forsaken and grieved in spirit, and a wife of youth, when thou wast refused, saith thy God.

7 For a small moment have I forsaken thee; but with great mercies will I gather thee.

8 In a little wrath I hid my face from thee for a moment; but with everlasting kindness will I have mercy on thee, saith the LORD thy Redeemer.

9 For this is as the waters of Noah unto me: for as I have sworn that the waters of Noah should no more go over the earth; so have I sworn that I would not be wroth with thee, nor rebuke thee.

10  For the mountains shall depart, and the hills be removed; but my kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall the covenant of my peace be removed, saith the LORD that hath mercy on thee.

11 O thou afflicted, tossed with tempest, and not comforted, behold, I will lay thy stones with fair colours, and lay thy foundations with sapphires.

12  And I will make thy windows of agates, and thy gates of carbuncles, and all thy borders of pleasant stones.

I see the same outward application that you describe to the church.

But at the same time, I also see an inward application to the prodigal son (and all like him, i.e. the redeemed of the Lord). The prodigal son was afflicted, grieved in spirit, forsaken for a moment, but gathered back to God in mercy. The prodigal son's mountains departed & hills were removed (i.e. his high places, his idols were destroyed) when the flood of God's judgment passed through him.  And when he repented, God laid precious stones within him (Christ).

Israel = redeemed of the Lord, crucified with Christ & raised again
Flood = judgment of God
Those destroyed by flood = the beast, carnal man, destroyed, tares gathered out and burned.
Ark = Christ
Noah & family = the righteous, new man, Christ in you

See Psalm 107.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 11:11:43 PM by bobf »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 20 queries.