bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: A question for parents?  (Read 13264 times)

sj

A question for parents?
« on: January 15, 2007, 07:30:15 PM »

Lately, a question I have encountered is "Josh, how will how you raise your children change in light of the new truths you have learned?" To be honest, I haven't thought a great deal about it... I'm 23 and still dating.. kids are the furthest things from my mind at this point, yet the question continues to resonate in my mind.

Perhaps my understanding is misconceived concerning who is chosen, but it seems that a prerequiste to be chosen is to "overcome" or to come out of the church. What about the children of those who have already come out of her? How do these individuals who are taught the truth from their conception, "come out of her" or "overcome"... I understand that they still have to battle "the beast" but do they still "fall away from their first love"...

I hope this question is clear... just thought some of you may have some thoughts on this?

God's Peace
Josh
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 08:31:30 PM by swivel »

rrammfcitktturjsp

Re: A question for parents?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 08:45:03 PM »

Swivel,

It will be rather easy for us.  We want to train and bring up our son as a free thinker and one who questions.  We were blessed to have found out the truth before having kids.  I would suggest you to pray about it and that God puts the wisdom in your heart and mind.  He will prepare you for raising kids if that is in his will.

I used to worry about this quite a bit, but I am now resting assured that God will bring to my attention the things that need to be passed.  I am not worried at all.

But if I was to advocate one lesson for you to teach from the get go, that would be love.  Start with this foundation and all will come later.

Sincererly,

Anne C. McGuire

Martymonster

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 09:03:00 PM »

it's made a difference to how I bring up my Son (16 months)

I tend to let him do things that he might hurt himself doing (within reason) because that's how he will learn not to do those things.
I do warn him first that if he does those things he's going to hurt himself but I know he's not going to learn untill he's done himself (sound familiar?)

Because I know what a wonderful heavenly Father we have, that's the kind of father I want to be.

also I realise that raising a child is the most awesome responsibility that you will have in this life!

hebrewroots98

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2007, 09:08:42 PM »

Anne, you did it again; get out of my cyberspace ;)

Josh,  having an 8 yo son, I think that by him seeing us (his parents) living a Godly lifestyle around him that our influence and teachings of bible truths will preserve him (a blessing) from having to learn life the hard way- to where the beast won't rule him  (or in other words... we can teach him how to not fall away form his first love and he can learn from our failures); just as the opposite is true of ungodly/untruthful parenting (teaching error instead of truth of the Word) will be the generational example (a curse) that the children will see and follow, unless the Lord intervenes.  So, all children will have the a certain amount of the beast within them, but, they will be far less likely to have that beast ruling them due to the truth of Gods' word that was instilled in them from their beginning.  
They will understand who the beast is (themselves) and that will give them the good edge that they need to be overcomers :D  (even though he knows that his parents aren't perfect, he still knows that we are working toward it and we have given him the tools to do the same.  Hope this sheds some light on the issue. ;)  

Sorin

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2007, 09:14:17 PM »

What I want to know is, should someone who has been called out [of her Rev 18:4] still send, or allow his/her child to attend the Christian Church? 
I don't think I'd want my child[ren] to attend the those kinds of places. That's if I'll ever even have kids. I don't know, just a thought for if.

I ask because, well..... The Harlot has her purpose, we all were first called, and then deceived.... then called out and if for instance the elects' children never go into her [ The Harlot/Babylon] does that mean they'll never be chosen eighter?

Or should we send them to church in hopes that they too will one day be called out?

« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 12:58:09 AM by Sorin »

Firefly

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2007, 09:55:19 PM »

Hello everyone,

My name is Lori and I am new to this board. My husband and I were recently called out of the church...although it wasn't as hard for us as we are rather reclusive and very shy. I am at the point where I am standing on the shore and begging God to kill the beast and also like a sponge that just wants to read and read Ray's material and then find the scirpture and see everything in a new light.

My husband and I have four children, 8, 6, 3, and 7 months. We had been sending them to christian school but next year we are trying to figure out if we should home school or send them to public school. We are really torn. Do we want them exposed to all the worldly things at such a young age...I don't always have the most patience so can I actually home school them. (We did stop sending them to church also). Most of all what does God want. I have the same questions if they are raised knowing the truth how to the come out? I also have a confession...in this experience of evil I am so afraid something is going to happen to one of my children. I feel so guilty having this fear, I know God is loving and I feel as though I am doubting his soverign (?sp) will. Sorry to ramble...God just has so much work left with me. I look forward to getting to know each of you better.

Lori  :)

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2007, 09:56:14 PM »

Susan,

Give me some cookies and I will leave your cyberspace.  ;)

With deciding whether to send your kids to a church or not, that has to lie between you and God.  I know that we are nonconformists and attend a church that is liberal in their beliefs and have almost like beliefs that we in the forum hold.  You have to pray about it.

If you could find a church that would support you and your kids in your new way of thinking, great go for fellowship.  If not, then this could be very detrimental to you and your family.  

I would suggest on people close to eachother getting together with like beliefs. I wish that I could fellowship with you in person, but distance is a great factor.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

jennie

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2007, 09:59:40 PM »

Anne, I agree with you. My daughter is now 24 and I wanted her to think for herself, ask questions. I pray for her daily and prayed while she was under our care( she just got married) that God would guide us and show us the way to raise her. If there was something that I knew without doubt would be harmful to her that was a different matter. She isn't perfect but she is a wonderful, intelligent, hard working, loving and hard headed young lady! I love her so. all with little ones... it will come to you.... sometimes in the middle of the night and sometimes in the soft light of morning! Much love, Jennie

hebrewroots98

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2007, 11:58:54 PM »

Sorin, I just sat my husband down to talk about this very topic yesterday... (I see how the spirit has been stirring about this same topic in each of our hearts at the same time!  AMAZING!! :D)I too have been wondering about all of these things:

-Should we allow  to our precious 8 yo son to be around "the church/ christians/babylon the great whore/the throne of satan/ amongst those whom are blind and don't want to change?  And if so, what effect will this have on our son?  (We have already come out of the 'church'); if we don't allow him around these 'believers', then how will that effect him?   (Even our home school support groups are made up of mostly of christians.  We have nothing in common with these people other than home schooling issues.)  To be quite honest here; I have never seen the disparity of not fitting in as I have been experiencing at this time in my life; plus, I have been 'ostracised' more by believers/christians than any other group of people in my entire lifetime; they have brought more hardships into our lives than you will ever know!  I personally can handle it, however, I'm very concerned for my sweet Daniel during these impressionable years :'( :'(

Also, I am torn between these two verses that state: (2Tim. 3:5) ...'having a FORM of Godliness; but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.(Would this not be Christians?)  If so, then that cuts out any church going activities with christians, b/c alot of events are held at churches nowadays that we must stay away from. 

Then the other verse that states that... 'it is better to hear of Jesus than to not hear of Him at all'.   I am torn as to wether to allow my child to be around these deceived people, since they do teach about Jesus and to just keep safegarding and filtering all of their errors everyday of his life?  (I don't want to influence him to be negative thinking either.)

So I guess that we are not to even eat with these people?  I know that we are to be 'in the world, but not of the world', so how does all of this work together??? ???

- now we are having a paradigm shift; is he better off being around non-believers or is he better off being around christians or neither?  Is he left to live a lonely life as a child (since I know of no child of his age that is believing as he does :'(?  It doesn't seem quite fair for him to loose out on having other children his age in his life right now (they really want nothing to do with us b/c we don't believe as they do), especially when his/our family members have ostrasiazed (sp) him to where he is already lonely.

Sorry for the emotional run on, I just need some answeres here.  Thanks guys.

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2007, 12:17:43 AM »

Jennie,

Thanks so much for your post.  I am so glad that someone has trod this path before we have.  Thanks.  I hope you remain a member for quite a long time.  I wondered if it was okay to PM you if I needed any questions answered.  I do realize that this is totally nonconformist, but I know that we are out there.

Thanks for your post.  I now know that this is possible.  Your words of encouragement has blessed me.

Lori,

Welcome to the forum.  Glad to see you posting.  I look forward to getting to know you. 

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

iris

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2007, 01:16:09 AM »

Hi Lori,

Welcome to the forum.

I am looking forward to getting to know you.

Again welcome!

Iris

sj

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2007, 01:24:19 AM »

Sorin,

You did a good job specifiying the actual question I was attempting to address.

Everyone else,

Thanks you so much for your responses... this is something I will continue to pray and meditate on.

Thanks again. God's Peace.
Josh

hebrewroots98

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2007, 01:33:19 AM »

Lori,
Hi there, welcome to the forum.  Where do you reside?  If you want to talk about homeschooling issues, you may PM me anytime.  Glad to have you and just remember; ...'perfect love casts out fear'...God has plans for all in your family, just let Him work His ways and you will be just fine being in His will ;)

Redbird

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2007, 07:51:28 AM »

Hi everyone,
When reading this wonderful thread, the following came to mind.

Hebrews 8:10-11

But this is the new covenant I will make with the people of Israel on that day,
says the Lord; I will put my laws in their minds so they will understand them, and I will write them on their hearts so they will obey them. I will be their God, and they will be my people. They will not need to teach their neighbors, nor will they need to teach their familiy, saying , "You should know the Lord." For everyone, from the least to the greatest, will already know me.

I think we can set an example for them by our lives though now.

Lisa

sj

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2007, 10:13:48 AM »

Redbird,

Awesome, thank you =)

rocky

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2007, 10:43:55 AM »

For me, coming to a knowledge of God's incredible love has helped me be a better parent.  I think if we can teach our kids one main thing, it's death to self and humility.  I am much better at seeing my mistakes with my kids, and humbly asking for their forgiveness.  I hope this carries over to their lilves, especially as they grow up and develop relationships.  I also hope they see my love for others grow, and me being a grace giver not a ";law enforcere, do this because i said so".   

However; it is hard at times, because my kids have picked up on the sovereignty of God belief, and they often use it for manipulation, "it's God's plan dad", re: getting bad grades, not trying hard, etc.  "God made me do it dad"

:) :)

My main thing is for them to realilze God loves them, and love never fails. 

jennie

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2007, 11:35:53 AM »

I would count it an honor for anyone here to PM me . I don't have all the answers by a long shot but I will help any way I can.Much love, Jennie

Kat

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2007, 12:11:38 PM »

Hi Lori,

I'm glad to see you have joined us  :)

You are seeking God and having your eyes opened, that is a good place for you to be.

Deu 31:8  It is the LORD who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed."

Heb 13:5  Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you."

About homeschooling, you should found out about the laws in your state, and make sure you abide by them.  Find a homeschool group in your area and they can be a great help, if you choose to do this.
I understand your concern for your young children and the influences they will come in contact with, beyond your control.  I homeschooled my 3 girls, and I didn't always have a lot of patience either.  You have to be really commented to teach your children at home, but I do not regret it one bit.  And had all those years with them to teach them my values, even tho we were in church, my influence was far greater than the church.  I now have a very close relationship with all my girls that I cherish.  My youngest is 17 a junior in high school, she went into a public school in the 8th grade and it has been going well for her.
Pray and ask God to guide you in everything, and then do what you feel is the best thing for your family.  God loves your children and He will help you every step along the way.
You have many friends here, where you can find much good advice too.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

Firefly

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2007, 07:43:24 PM »

Thank you all so much for the warm welcome and encouraging words and scriptures. I am so blessed to be here. I don't know what PM means  ??? but if it means asking questions about homeschooling I will definately take you up on that!!! Thanks, Lori  :)

hebrewroots98

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2007, 08:16:28 PM »

Lori,
PM means to POST A MESSAGE. (Privately a member can email you and y'all can have your own discussions that will not be a part of this BT forum.) 
which, by the way, I do homeschool and if you would like to PM as well, you may.  Just go to my  'Member" box and email me from there where you see my email address. :)_
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 17 queries.