bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Questions  (Read 4590 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Questions
« on: January 16, 2007, 06:54:33 PM »

Mr. Smith:

The attitude with which I ask the question I'm about to pose to you is not asked out of malice or to instigate a negative emotion within you.  I'm just curious!

Are you a Deist or a Mason (Freemason) or Agnostic?

My reason for asking is just to help further understand where you are coming from.  (Clarity, if you will.)  You propose some relatively controversial ideas - as is taught compared to the average church denomination, etc.  Which isn't to say it's wrong; in fact, it's refreshing to hear an alternate view.  I don't believe you are any or all of the above, I've just never heard anything like you teach with regards to the subjects you're trying to enlighten people with.  It's so nice to not be in bondage to teachings that I have felt to be wrong, but, of course, didn't have the knowledge to back it up: it just didn't mesh with the Jesus I've come to know!!!  :-)

Further, if I can be so impertinent, if you're right and they're wrong, how is it that we (the average church-goer) hasn't heard of you and/or your ideas prior till now?  Assuming you're right, the local churches have a lot of 'splainin' to do!  :-)  Granted, very few of us are fluent in Greek, Aramaic, and/or Hebrew (especially ancient Hebrew).  So, it poses some very grave difficulties for those of us who just wish to do God's will according to His Word!  Again, assuming you're right, thank you for the work you have done, are doing, and will most likely continue to do!

Rhetorical question: Why is it that truth is always so hard to "REALLY" find in this world?  I mean, I get the fact that this is Satan's world; but this is also God's Earth - and I am part of the "fullness (t)herein."  If our yoke is supposed to be easy, certainly finding the "narrow way" isn't very easy at all.  You see, it's not good enough for me to simply accept that I'm going to Heaven, I'd actually like to know the in's and out's as much as I can with regards to this world.  I feel that this actually scriptural, in that Jesus sent his disciples out as sheep among wolves, but he gave him the charge of being as wise as a fox, too!  So, finding the balance in this "walk with Christ" thing can be a little trepidatious when it comes to the information we receive with regards to Scripture and the truth that is supposedly revealed within it.  I get the fact that you are not responsible for what Scripture says, you're just trying to relay the message( s) that you've come to understand, for which, I'm sure, the church will EVENTUALLY have to come to grips with!  What you say/teach/reveal just seems to make so much more sense than what I've been taught over the last 23 years or so of my Christian walk, and the tenacity with which you relay this information certainly is within the general Spirit with which Jesus himself spoke.

Again, thank you, and have a blessed day,

-David

Dear David:
I thank you for your email and comments, and I am glad that you feel like your are learning truth. It is not possible, however, for me to cover the questions you pose in your email, as it would take many hours (days?) to answer in detail, and I get tens of thousands of emails. Hope you understand. Also hope you will continue to read the material on our site, as 99% of your questions will eventually be answered.
God be with you,
Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 22 queries.