bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: I don't know what's wrong with me  (Read 14207 times)

Sorin

I don't know what's wrong with me
« on: January 17, 2007, 09:52:39 PM »

but I definitely could use your prayers. I am not feeling too well lately, and I am missing many days of work because of it. I haven't been to the doctor yet because money's a little tight right now. But I would really appreciate your prayers.

Thanks in advance,
Sorin

iris

Re: I don't know what's wrong with me
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 10:19:37 PM »

Hi Sorin,

Hope you get to feeling better.

Are you taking your vitimams?  :)

I will pray for you to feel better.

Iris

gmik

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2007, 12:00:54 AM »

Sorin, sometimes lifestyle choices make us sick.  I know I never get enough sleep, don't eat right, and don't get enough exercise.  Then there is depression, pity parties, not building yourself up in your most holy faith, not thinking on the good things in Phillipians, lusting for $$$, hot-babes/dudes, not being content, well, you get the idea.

there was a time in my life where I would never ever believe God would make someone sick.  Now that I know He is the potter, He controls the clay.

Its not fun being sick, so I will pray for you Sorin.  God Bless you, hon, and I want you to get happy!!
love,
gena

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2007, 02:40:07 AM »

Sorin,

I hope you will get better.  I will be praying for you.  Please keep us updated.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

brothertoall

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2007, 12:01:07 PM »

Sorin my friend,

I know how you feel. I have been going through some rough trials lately and it too is affecting my health. I will pray for you my brother and if you need to talk about anything please do not hesitate to PM me. I would love to help edify and encourge you by the Lord doing that in me.

Love to you my friend,

bobby

Redbird

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2007, 07:42:36 AM »

Sorin,

My prayers are with you. It is no fun being sick - so get some rest, take it easy and take care of yourself.

God loves ya!

Lisa

jennie

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2007, 01:34:33 PM »

Sorin, My prayers are with you too. Sick is no fun. Me and my daughter always say to each other when we aren't well" You take care of you". Sorin, you take care of you and I hope you feel better soon.
p.s. sometimes those doctors make me feel worse. They will bring some divice out and say " you may feel a little pinch",.... yeah right! wonder what they would say if they were on the receiving end!!! Much love and prayers, Jennie

SandyFla

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2007, 05:43:48 PM »

Hi Sorin,

You are in my prayers.

Have you ever tried echinacea(sp)? It is a great booster for the immune system.

Sandy

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2007, 08:25:18 AM »

Are you feeling a little bit stronger Sorin ???

Many are experiencing winds of change with sometimes heavy down pours of blessings that come to them and us who are walking in fellowship with Christ and one other.

Sorin

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2007, 09:23:04 PM »

Thank you all for your prayers and kind words. I was feeling a bit better, but it seems like it's gotten back to where it was when I created this thread. I'm just going through
a rough time right now and thus I haven't been on here that much lately. And by rough time I don't just mean my health, but also the beast within and all that. Wanting to go back to just being 'normal' again... etc... but I keep getting pulled back. So much for free will, huh?

So again, thank you all,
Sorin

Redbird

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2007, 10:36:58 PM »

Oh, Sorin,

Maybe it's time you see a docter, it is flu season ya know. Think about it. Antibiotics can do wonders!

Lisa

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2007, 03:06:19 AM »

Sorin,

Thanks for the update.  I will keep on praying for you.  Blessings on you and yours.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

Sorin

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2007, 12:19:35 PM »

Thanks everyone for your prayers and support.  I remember Ray said to someone "you will stop smoking when God wants you to stop smoking" and I believe he was right because I've tried quitting upon entering into the new year, but I have failed. I also wish I could stop drinking [atleast not so often, if not completely] but I just can't. Everynight after work I have to go and buy a beer or something. I would usually buy like a 24oz-er so I wouldn't have that much to drink, but last night I figured well I'll just get a six-pack so I don't have to go to the store everyday for a beer. Well that wasn't a very good idea because I ended up drinking the whole six-pack, and thus woke up with a major headache, and all that, you know, still hungover,thus unable to attend work. So the only reason I'm telling you this is because I want to stop, and I obviously can't do it on my own, so that's why I need God's help, and your prayers.

Now I realize what it means to be a "slave to sin" when you can't not do something even when you don't want to keep on doing it. And this is only the tip of the iceberg.

Thanks in advance,
Sorin 

hillsbororiver

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2007, 12:53:05 PM »

Hi Sorin,

Many of us know EXACTLY what you are experiencing, I know I do. You referenced the "Slaves to Sin" post that was done back in October, I am going to copy the original post here for the benefit of the newer members.

You are in my prayers Brother,

Joe

Slaves to Sin
« on: October 14, 2006, 09:48:15 AM »     

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This morning I woke up thinking about how Jesus and the Father are two entities of One Mind and how believers are of two minds in one entity.

Joh 10:30  I and my Father are one.

Rom 7:14  For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

Rom 7:15  For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.

Believers have the Mind of Christ warring against the carnal mind of the beast within, this struggle with the bondage to sin we were created with underlines the total lack of free will that the denominations say humanty has;

Rom 6:16  Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

Rom 6:17  But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.

Rom 6:18  Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

Rom 6:19  I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness.

This tug of war between the carnal nature and the Spirit of Christ within us ultimately will make us spiritually stronger but I can say from experience that weariness also rears its head at times, making it difficult to connect with others even as they go through the same type of trials within themselves. I believe this weariness serves a noble purpose as it inspires us to shut off the outside influences to seek rest within Him, giving us the strength to move forward in our spiritual walk.

Pro 3:11  My son, despise not the chastening of the LORD; neither be weary of his correction:

Remembering the promises of rest and replenishment in Him will help us through through these times;

Jer 31:25  For I have satiated the weary soul, and I have replenished every sorrowful soul.

Jer 31:26  Upon this I awaked, and beheld; and my sleep was sweet unto me.

Mat 11:28  Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

It is not our reality or destiny to be "free" in the strict sense of the word, we can have the freedom of no longer being in bondage to sin but when we are called to our Lord we are to become slaves to righteousness which is Him living in us. I find it is in those private moments with Him when experiencing the feeling of pure peace and love, when He reveals Himself more abundantly and I get a taste of what is to come, and that gives me the strength to continue the race.

Heb 12:1  Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,

Heb 12:2  Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Heb 12:3  For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.

Heb 12:4  Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.

Heb 12:5  And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:

Heb 12:6  For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

Heb 12:7  If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?

Heb 12:8  But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye ******** and not sons.

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe 

iris

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2007, 02:42:06 PM »

Sorin, my heart cries for you. I know the pain that you're going through. Wanting to quit smoking so bad and not being able to. I was finally able to do that with Gods help. These scriptures helped me maybe they will help you to.

John 15:1-17

v1 I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.
v2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away; and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.
v3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.
v4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
v5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
v6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the  fire, and they are burned.
v7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
v8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.
v9 As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.
v10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.
v11 These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.
v12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.
v13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
v14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.
v15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I haave heard of my Father I have made known unto you.
v16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.
v17These things I command you, that ye love one another.

I hope this help Sorin.
You'll be in my prayers.

Iris

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2007, 03:05:45 PM »

Sorin,

I am a smoker and have tried over and over again to quit smoking.  Well, I wanted to quit for all time last week.  But, I knew that would put me in a place where I did not want to be.  In the last week, I only had 2 entries for Ciggies.  I was so proud.  It was an accomplished.  If you feel like you are at the point of cutting back and would feel okay then do it.  But you have to do these things when YOU are ready for them.

Best of luck, and keep us updated.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

Sorin

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2007, 08:03:43 PM »

Thanks for the kind words, prayer and support guys. And for that Scripture too.

Take care,
Sorin

Bradigans

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2007, 07:49:12 PM »

I know all to well about those downs Sorin. I truly can empathize. They can be quite horrible and tollful on the mind. I'll definitely keep you in my prayers. Please do likewise. Philippians 4:11 - Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content. I believe I'm getting there as far as contentment in no matter what my state (physical, mental). Keep me in your prayers... I know it can feel like hell.     

Bradigans

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2007, 08:07:13 PM »

Stay in THE WORD (Luke 8:11 - The seed is the word of God.), and remember who the husbandmen is, because it's not your but His responsibility to get you right. Ignore the enemies guilt and shame. Romans 8:33 - Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.   

PKnowler

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2007, 09:47:50 PM »

Hi Sorin,

I hope you are feeling better. I admire you for confessing your faults to your brothers and sisters here on the forum. That was brave, I believe God honors that. I'm sure you are familiar with this scripture.

Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective. James 5:16

We have all wrestled with being a slave to sin. God delivered me from smoking cigarettes twice! I know it was God because I couldn't do it on my own and I was torn between wanting to smoke and not wanting to smoke. I liked smoking! I am so glad I don't anymore though. May God be with you and free you of anything that would have mastery over you ~In Jesus Name

Bless you!

~Paula

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 17 queries.