bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: a tale of two Baptist  (Read 4234 times)

Kat

a tale of two Baptist
« on: January 19, 2007, 02:24:55 AM »

This was among the emails on Ray's site page.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was walking across a bridge one day, and I saw a man standing on the edge, about to jump off. So I ran over and said, "Stop! Don't do it!"

"Why shouldn't I?" he said.

I said, "Well, there's so much to live for!"

He said, "Like what?"

I said, "Well...are you religious or atheist?"

He said, "Religious."

I said, "Me too! Are you Christian or Buddhist?"

He said, "Christian."

I said, "Me too! Are you Catholic or Protestant?"

He said, "Protestant."

I said, "Me too! Are you Episcopalian or Baptist?"

He said, "Baptist!"

I said, "Wow! Me too! Are you Baptist Church of God or Baptist Church of the Lord?"

He said, "Baptist Church of God!"

I said, "Me too! Are you original Baptist Church of God, or are you Reformed Baptist Church of God?"

He said, "Reformed Baptist Church of God!"

I said, "Me too! Are you Reformed Baptist Church of God, reformation of 1879, or Reformed Baptist Church of God, reformation of 1915?"

He said, "Reformed Baptist Church of God, reformation of 1915!"

I said, "Die, heretic scum!" and pushed him off.

[This email does not reflect the beliefs or teachings of bible-truths.com, but is posted to humorously show how the smallest differences in religious beliefs can anger some people.]

jennie

Re: a tale of two Baptist
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 01:45:23 PM »

This was too funny but also too true. The labels we put around our necks sometimes just hang us don't they? Jennie

hebrewroots98

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007, 12:16:23 AM »

Thanks Kat.  I spoke with a Minister once and he had told me that there was a guy that he knew whom was in a 'funny farm/mental institution' b/c the guy was so confused as to which baptism was the right one (to the point that the guy had gone and gotten baptised several times); he listened to others on what it took to be saved until the poor guy couldn't handle another word on the subject.  Unfortunately, this is not all that uncommon with people who try to leave those denominations.  (Truely, I know of a particular denomination in which nearly every woman that I knew in that 'church' all had mental issues.  I could even guess (after speaking with women) if they were a part of this denomination; it was that obvious to me.  Not to forget that I had too once been a part of their doctrine to where I was messed up in my thinking for awhile till I left.

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2007, 03:19:36 AM »

To All,

This is so sad.  I beleive that it holds true in the churches and outside of the church.  It is amazing that we may feel compelled to reject others becuase of the what others may be struggling with in their own lives.  Goodness more on this later.

I kinda can relate to it even more fully.  Hopefully all will be all right.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 20 queries.