bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Snorky no longer stuck with dialup!  (Read 5311 times)

snorky

Snorky no longer stuck with dialup!
« on: January 19, 2007, 04:57:18 PM »

Well, I finally got wildblue satellite internet. No more dialup (which went out of business, btw), which means I can now download all of Ray's audios from the conference last year. Glad to be back here at this forum also! Praise God!

Deb

iris

Re: Snorky no longer stuck with dialup!
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 08:55:21 PM »

Hi Deb,

Its good to see you back again and I'm happy that you're back on line.

Its hard to be without the internet. I miss it when the power goes off

for some reason or other.  :(

Welcome back!!!  :)

Iris

gmik

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2007, 12:10:18 AM »

Hey Deb, glad you got rid of the dial up.  Hope to be hearing more from ya.
love,
gena :)

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2007, 03:28:09 AM »

Snorky,

Welcome back.  I have dsl and cannot ever imagine using dial up.  What a blessing it is to communicate at speeds of light rather than getting a year older while waiting for pages to load.

Look forward to hearing more from you.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

hillsbororiver

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2007, 09:28:53 AM »

I remember the feeling when high speed service became available and I replaced the old dial up connection with Road Runner, a line from an old Disney movie came to mind;

"Pinochio, you're a real boy now"

Joe

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2007, 12:18:50 PM »

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Kat

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2007, 02:00:44 PM »

Hi Deb,

I am glad you are back  :)
I was wondering when you was going to be able to get back with us.
It must have been very hard for you not to have this fellowship.
Well it will be good to see you posting again.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

snorky

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2007, 02:35:06 AM »

Actually not being able to communicate on the forum drove me crazy for the first month, and not being able to read Ray's stuff or download the MP3s...I thought while it was God's will somehow, He coulda done something else  ;).

Thanks you all for the welcome back  :D--Deb

Bradigans

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2007, 03:58:34 PM »

Welcome and in HIS LOVE,

Bradford

PKnowler

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2007, 02:52:55 PM »

Hi Deb!

Welcome back! That would have been frustrating not to have been able to visit the forum, read Ray's writings or download the audio's! That would be maddening! I'm still on dial up connection so I understand your frustration. I can download albeit slowly.  I'm glad that you were able to get wildblue satellite internet. All the DSL lines are booked in our area so Wildblue is our only other option. I've looked into it and it is not available in our area yet. Darn! I guess good things come to those who wait!  ;)

Blessings!  :)
~Paula

snorky

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2007, 03:09:27 AM »

Interesting, Paula...you said all the DSL lines are booked. I didn't know there were limitations on DSL usage. Also didn't know WildBlue was unavailable in certain areas. Weird. Actually, the folks that came and installed came from just north of Houston, and we live in far west Texas...about 700 miles away!

And as for waiting...a local provider had put in Broadband Towers out here in the mountains several years ago and I had been requesting a broadband receiver at our house for about 3 years. Last year someone else bought them out. Turned out they failed to pay a royalty to the owner of the towers so they were sued, and, at the same time, their dialup servers went down and they couldn't afford to replace them (what with being sued)! So finally my husband had enough of being without the 'net at home (he has dsl at work), so he told me to go ahead and order wild blue.

I hope you get wild blue (or hughes net, but they are very expensive) before your dialup servers go down...with dialup being outdated I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't replace them when they did stop working.

Deb

PKnowler

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2007, 04:36:39 AM »

Hey Deb,

We live out in the boondox and they have limited availability of DSL connections and they don't know when they will expand the capacity for more- if ever! That's what they told us. I have Dish Network and tried to get satellite connection through Dish. Everyone I called said that there was a wait until around March. Come to find out they are just training people how to install the connection so it won't be until March until people have been trained to install it in the south Kansas City Area.

That's what I've been told. So we have to wait.  :(

~Paula
« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 04:17:23 PM by PKnowler »

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2007, 01:28:51 PM »

Deb,

What part of West Texas do you live in?  I live in Lubbock.  Glad to have another Texan on board.  I am wondering who all out there is from Texas.  I know Susan is, as well as Longhorn.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

snorky

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2007, 02:32:56 AM »

Anne:

I live northwest of Fort Davis in the Davis Mts. in Big Bend area in far west Texas. There are more deer out here than people. We live on dirt roads and folks have gotten lost out here, but if you want a still good-priced piece of 5 acre-plus land, this is the place.

BTW, Paula--there is no way we will ever have dsl (okay, maybe in 20 years!). Wildblue is a lot faster than dialup but compared to dsl or T-1 it is still quite a bit slower.

Deb aka snorky
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 18 queries.