bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Job Needed II  (Read 6049 times)

SandyFla

New Job Needed II
« on: January 19, 2007, 05:40:40 PM »

Some time ago I wrote that I'd like to get a new job because I'm working at a church and feel like I'm working for the "enemy."

Well, the Lord has started the ball rolling ...

Yesterday my boss and the congregational chairperson met with me. I've known for quite some time that the church was having financial problems, and now it has come to a head. We were originally supposed to have gotten raises, but now everyone has had their hours or salary cut. As of March 1, my hours will be cut from 40 to 25 per week, so I'm aggressively searching for a new position.

I told them that I'm a strong believer that God is in complete control of all situations, and He will make a way for me. (He's done it before!)

I just wish I could've found a job BEFORE this happened, know what I mean? I was basically in the same situation 10 years ago, so it would've been nice to have had a smooth transition this time around. But I guess if that had happened, it would look like I did it.

So now I've got 6 weeks before my pay is practically cut in half. Please pray that I will find the right job.

Thank you!

Sandy

Patrick

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: New Job Needed II
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 06:04:02 PM »

Will do, Sandy.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2007, 06:44:57 PM »

Sandy

I remember your post well. Whew!..... :o

I feel what I would feel in your shoes and I must say I believe you are handling your circumstances a whole lot better than I could! The doors to my professional career were slamed shut a few months ago when Bobby too was experiencing difficulties.

In a way that I have not expected, my circumstances have lifted. Nothing is changed in the circumstances outside of me, but INSIDE....there are some major interior renorvations taking place! Above all, be anxious for nothing Sandy.

Be anxious for NOTHING!

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

gmik

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2007, 11:52:47 PM »

Good word dear Arcturus!

God is so faithful and knows what we need best.  His will for you will be the BEST.
You will be in my prayers.

love ya,
gena

DWIGHT

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2007, 01:32:36 AM »

Sandy,

I'll be praying for you with the rest of the brothers and sisters.  If God takes care of the sparrows and the lililes of the field, how much more will He take care of you.

God bless you sister,

Dwight

hebrewroots98

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2007, 04:58:46 AM »

Sandy,
God works in mysterious ways and HIS ways are not our ways; just wait on HIM and HE will provide for you in HIS timing; He is in the process of working out His will as we speak; what a surprise HE has in store for you ;D.  Don't worry, be happy (for your trials)...(I'm speaking to myself here too) ;)  You will look back at this time in your life and say...'thank you father; you did know what was best for me'. :D

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2007, 06:25:06 AM »

Gena,

What can I say? You make my day!

Peace with you

Arcturus :)  :-*

SandyFla

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2007, 02:18:15 PM »

Thanks, everyone, for your prayers and responses.  :)

I've been in a similar situation before, but it was worse that time, as I was losing my job in 2 weeks and I had a mortgage.

This time, at least I will have a 25-hour-per-week job, if nothing else. A little income is better than none.

I got a response to an application today, so we'll see what happens. After looking over the details they sent, I don't really feel right about the position. I'll keep you updated and let you know when this is resolved.

Sandy

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2007, 02:23:27 PM »

Sandy,

Best of luck to you in your application.  THanks for the update.  Still praying for you.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2007, 02:48:13 PM »

Sandy

that is a real lesson for me that you have appreciated that your difficulty now is not as distressing as the past where you came through by Grace and Mercy. Thank you for sharing that observation with us all as it made me look at my past and compare also that the end on my profession is not nearly as bad as what I have experienced in the past! I have been through by Grace and Mercy some very difficult times and without focussing on that I can see how the Lord has blessed me....Actually I am really blessed to be learning that God is my provider. My professional corporately placed profession was shut down but HE sent me a few patients and I had a call out to two others in a private capacity so it looks like my career is going on in a private way and not a corporate way that has been discontinued! :D This has made me more dependent on HIM which I think HE has chosen to MAKE me understand! :D

Peace to you

Arcturus

brothertoall

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2007, 09:35:55 AM »

Sandy I can relate my dear friend. You know sometimes God has to make a certian circumstance happen and give us a little shove to get us going in His direction. My dreams and plans were shattered at my job and it was a jagged little pill to swallow but I will and am learning to wait on Him.

Sandy it can only get better my friend with our Heavenly Father in complete control.

My prayer for you my dear friend.

bobby

SandyFla

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2007, 02:17:33 PM »

Sandy I can relate my dear friend. You know sometimes God has to make a certian circumstance happen and give us a little shove to get us going in His direction.

You are right, Bobby. I've been sorta looking for a new job for a couple years, but not with much aggressiveness. I applied to maybe 2 or 3 positions in that time. Now I'm FORCED to be more proactive.

I remember you sharing with us about your job and the disappointments. Are things looking better for you now?

Sandy

brothertoall

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2007, 04:55:50 PM »

Sandy bless your heart. Things at work are a little better but I have been told that some things are being said and done and it is all going to come to a head shortly. Of course it looks as though I will be on the s&%$y end of the stick.

I will be honest with you and everyone here that I am just not happy here anymore at my job.it is a real chore getting up in the morning and getting to work. I wake up nervous and my stomach tired up in knots. I work with alot of wonderful people here and it is too bad that 3 out of 100s can make my job so tense.

I am seriously thinking of going ahead and retiring and seek part time employment elsewhere. I just wish I knew what was ahead for me and God would reveal it.

My wife worries about me retiring and it just really bothers me that she worries about that.

I guess God is telling me hurry up and wait. I am not a very patient person when it comes to things like this and I am willing to bet that God is teaching me something through all of this. I just wish I knew what it was and when it will end.

Sorry for the belly aching. There are many here who have far greater problems than I do and I feel for those of you who do.

bobby

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2007, 05:59:17 PM »

Bobby,

Don't apologize for belly aching.  I think we are also here to support one another and help eachother throught the hard times.  I will keep praying for you and your wife.  I am glad that you update us.  We now know what to specifically pray for.  Thanks.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

gmik

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2007, 12:10:10 AM »

Sandy how is the job hunt going???  I know He has one for you, its just that you have to do the legwork :D (I always hated that part!)

Bobby, whatever you decide will be the right one, bcz God will be directing your path.

I want to retire, but my hubby gets too nervous!!

You know I prayed for my job in the first place and felt so blessed to get it.  Now here I am wanting to quit. I,m glad God doesn't look at me as a spoiled brat who doesn't know what she wants.

I need to remember there are ebbs, flows, times & seasons for everything.

God Bless you two.
love,
gena

hebrewroots98

« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2007, 01:27:37 AM »

I am praying for all of you on here who are suffering aver your job.  I really feel what your'e going through.  I can relate to how only a couple of people can make things really hard on your job.  (Been there and done that.)  It seems as if God 'plants' satan (if you will) there on the job to buffett us daily.  I guess all that we can do is to be kind to them and to try our best to love our enemies and to do good to those who persecute us (and they will HAVE to see and acknowledge GOD in you. ;D), plus, we will be in Gods favor if we don't repay evil for evil.  (not saying that you are)

I also think that MEN tend to take their job status alot more to heart than women tend to, since it's the males' identity/feeling of being the 'provider' of his household; thus he tend to feel as if he is a failure if his job doesn't go just as he had planned for it to be: just remember that God knows and cares about you while you are at work.  Bobby, be careful and try to not let depression set in at this point; TRY TO COUNT IT ALL JOY AS EACH TRIAL ARRIVES WHILE AT WORK. (IF YOU CAN).  IF YOU MUST CARRY THIS VERSE IN YOUR POCKET TO REMIND YOU THAT GOD IS IN THE MIDST OF THESE TRIALS, then I would highly reccomend that you give yourself this reminder everyday.  Just try and smile through each test and know that God is at work in your very life in hopes of making you into the strongest man that you've ever been: "AND THAT GOD ISN'T FINISHED WITH ME YET"...  (I am talking to myself as I struggle daily through lifes trial as well.)  (I have always said...'I will not quit work until I am ready to quit; I won't allow them to make me quit till I am ready!)  Lighten up on yourself too; especially b/c your enemies love to see you squirm :(

It truly hurts me to know that you all are in pain; all i can do is pray...and I have and I will continue to do so! :)

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2007, 01:45:04 AM »

There are : there are ebbs, flows, times & seasons for everything.

....buffetting.....

thank you Gena and Sue for the reminders and heartfelt prayers.

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

brothertoall

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2007, 10:08:07 AM »

Sue thank you so very much for those encouraging and edifying words. That really means alot to me.

Sandy I am so sorry that I have sorta hijacked your thread and please everyone pray for Sandy that God will supply a new job for our dear sister.

Thank all of you for your prayers for Sandy and myself. I cherish all of you and I am sure Sandy does also.

Love to you all,

bobby

hebrewroots98

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2007, 10:32:04 AM »

Everyon, keep us informed on your job status...still praying for all of you...(hey, where's the happy PRAYING face?  We need one... :D)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 19 queries.