bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Has any body read...  (Read 12800 times)

jennie

Has any body read...
« on: January 20, 2007, 07:46:43 PM »

My neighbor called me over the other day to get a book. She wanted me to read it and told me that it had helped her so much to accept her husband's passing. the book is called "90 Minutes in Heaven". I read it and am still trying to "puzzle out" what I think about it. Has anyone read this? If so, what did you think? Much love, Jennie

hebrewroots98

Re: Has any body read...
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2007, 11:58:15 PM »

Hi Jennie,
No I have never read that book, but, I would be careful if anyone said that they had experienced a physical heaven.  I have learned through Ray's site that heaven is not a physical place but that it is a spiritual state of mind and heart.  (Just as hell is not a physical place,rather a state of ones heart and mind.)

Martymonster

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007, 12:17:55 AM »

True!

be very careful with that stuff!

Mary K Baxter claims to have been to Heaven, but She also claims to have been to Hell, and it is completely see through but someone more clever might not be.

having said that, I read the final quest before I came to any sort of understanding of the truth, and I still can't find fault with it!

hebrewroots98

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2007, 12:25:17 AM »

Marty,
What is the final truth?  (a book?) :D

Evan600

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2007, 01:53:08 AM »

True!

be very careful with that stuff!

Mary K Baxter claims to have been to Heaven, but She also claims to have been to Hell, and it is completely see through but someone more clever might not be.

having said that, I read the final quest before I came to any sort of understanding of the truth, and I still can't find fault with it!

You mentioned the "Final Quest."  Are you referring to the book by Rick Joyner?  I read that book years ago, as well as "The Call," and "The Torch and the Sword."

I've thought about those books a little bit since coming to this understanding of there being no such thing as an eternal hell, and universal reconciliation.  There may be some truth in them.  I just wondered if you had any more input on that.

- Jason

Martymonster

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2007, 07:38:38 AM »

The funny thing is, since I come to understand the truths on this website, I would have expected to have looked back on those books and realised they were fake however there is this one particular part that perplexes me.

Rick Joyner as far as I know is just a standard Hell believing Christian type, However in "The Call" He talks to Jesus about the last vision He had and is talking about how the earth seemed so full of God's glory but then He lost that feeling and went  completely the opposite way and He felt that He was in Hell it self, but this is what Jesus says,

"You walk on the edge of Hell everyday"

Now how I see it is that Jesus means there is no Hell but what you make for yourself in this life!

for someone who believes in a literal Hell, that seems a little strange!

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2007, 09:12:58 AM »

There is chastisement and there is correction. God is a consuming fire. This could be experienced as proverbial but not eternal Hell for some,   >:((and a process that leads to a reward for others. 8)

1 Cor 3 : 13 The work of each one will become plainly, openly known, shown for what it is; for the day of Christ will disclose and declare it, because it will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test and critically appraise the character and worth of the work each person has done. 14. If the work which any person has built on this Foundation, any product of his efforts whatever, survives this test, he will get his reward. 15. But if any person’s work is burned up under the test, he will suffer the loss of it all, losing his reward, though he himself will be saved, but only as one who has passed through fire.

Peace be to you

Arcturus :)

« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 09:17:33 AM by Arcturus »

hillsbororiver

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2007, 10:51:12 AM »

but this is what Jesus says,

"You walk on the edge of Hell everyday"

Now how I see it is that Jesus means there is no Hell but what you make for yourself in this life!

for someone who believes in a literal Hell, that seems a little strange!

Hello Marty,

This quote from Mr. Joyner that he attributes to Jesus strikes me as "adding to the Words of this book" does he (Joyner) have the scriptural witnesses to validate these words?

How can one walk on the edge of a non existent place? Unless he is speaking of the true definition of hell which is the grave.

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2007, 11:16:29 AM »

To add Joe

...even if Jesus meant Hell as grave....even that statement would make Jesus a liar, a fool and a looser through the statement claimed to have been quoted from HIm because He knows the number of our days and  He has the keys of death. Rev 1 : 18 :D

I have not read Joyner but it sure shows who he  has been listening to is not Jesus!

Brings to mind 2 Tim 4 : 3 For the time is coming when people will not tolerate, endure sound and wholesome instruction.... :D

Peace to you

longhorn

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2007, 12:13:02 PM »

Rick Joyner is a phony and needs to be kicked in the crotch.  I would love love to do it.

Longhorn

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2007, 12:46:32 PM »

;D  ;D  :D  ;D  ;D

God grant me the
Serenity to accept the things
I cannot change.
Courage to change the things
I can; and
Wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardship
As the pathway to peace.
Taking as Jesus did,
This sinful world as it is,
Not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things
Right, if I surrender to His will.
That I may be reasonably happy
In this life,
And supremely happy
With Him forever in the next.

AMEN. :)

Longhorn don't you know you will judge the angels?... ;D    :D    :)

Peace and joy to you

« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 12:48:41 PM by Arcturus »

hillsbororiver

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2007, 01:04:31 PM »

To add Joe

...even if Jesus meant Hell as grave....even that statement would make Jesus a liar, a fool and a looser through the statement claimed to have been quoted from HIm because He knows the number of our days and  He has the keys of death. Rev 1 : 18 :D

Very true and an excellent point, Jesus would know our time and season but we live by faith and do not know and can not add one minute to our life or one inch to our stature.

Thanks Arcturus.

Joe

Martymonster

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2007, 05:10:16 PM »

You know Jesus did talk about Hades aswell but I don't think that He believed in the mythology of the Greek underworld, but He used it because it was a word people were familliar with.

I didn't say that Rick Joyer wasn't a phony, and neither did I recomend and buying all His books!
I just said it seemed a little strange.

I personally have not found anything in those books that seems untoward at all.

hillsbororiver

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2007, 05:41:12 PM »

Hello Marty,

Actually it is the translator's bias that influences Matt. 16:18 and other verses, Jesus was saying that death and the grave would not prevail against His Chosen.

As far as Rick Joyner goes have you seen his "Joint Prophecies" with Rabbi Cohen?

Here they are;

The 1970s, when Jerusalem returned to Jewish hands, was the end of the Gentile Age.

The 1990s are moving on the spirit of revival that began with the Jesus Movement, which was the source of the Messianic movement.

The Messianic people are a prophetic righteous remnant, "that are calling the Church back to their Jewish roots" and "they are back to become a prophetic call to the nation of Israel."

Messianic people are, "THE HEAD," meaning, of the Body of Christ and the First Fruits.

Whole communities will come to Y’eshua because of their witness.

Jews and Gentiles will be looking to the Messianics to explain the Word of God.

Joyner expressed a concern that Messianics: ". . .would not be corrupted by too many relationships with the Church" and that they are not supposed to be like the Church nor the Church like them as that would, "mess everything up."

Racism is one of the ultimate enemies.

There is a revolution going on in the Church.

Reconciliation happens when there is restitution, and there’s going to be a lot of restitution for the Messianic people as Jews.

Messianic people will have a better ability to witness, heal, discern and utilize spiritual gifts than others.

Messianics are going to help us (the Church) restore our foundations to where they belong -- and we won’t get where we’re supposed to be without their help.

Very much in the physical, very light on the spiritual, there is much more of this kind of stuff that can be found in his ministry. This is just the very tip of the iceburg.

Joe

Martymonster

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2007, 06:28:46 PM »

Thank you for clearing that up for Me hillsbororiver!

I admitt that I was wrong, thank you for showing my error!

Martinez.

PKnowler

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2007, 03:02:11 AM »

Rick Joyner is a phony and needs to be kicked in the crotch.  I would love love to do it.

Longhorn

I can't believe you said that! No spirit of religion there.... just say what you mean. he he  ;)

~Paula

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2007, 03:03:52 AM »

Longhorn,

I'll be more than willing to hold him down while you deliver that glancing blow.   ;D

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

PKnowler

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2007, 03:07:55 AM »

Hello Marty,

Actually it is the translator's bias that influences Matt. 16:18 and other verses, Jesus was saying that death and the grave would not prevail against His Chosen.

As far as Rick Joyner goes have you seen his "Joint Prophecies" with Rabbi Cohen?

Here they are;

The 1970s, when Jerusalem returned to Jewish hands, was the end of the Gentile Age.
The 1990s are moving on the spirit of revival that began with the Jesus Movement, which was the source of the Messianic movement.

The Messianic people are a prophetic righteous remnant, "that are calling the Church back to their Jewish roots" and "they are back to become a prophetic call to the nation of Israel."

Messianic people are, "THE HEAD," meaning, of the Body of Christ and the First Fruits.

Whole communities will come to Y’eshua because of their witness.

Jews and Gentiles will be looking to the Messianics to explain the Word of God.

Joyner expressed a concern that Messianics: ". . .would not be corrupted by too many relationships with the Church" and that they are not supposed to be like the Church nor the Church like them as that would, "mess everything up."

Racism is one of the ultimate enemies.

There is a revolution going on in the Church.

Reconciliation happens when there is restitution, and there’s going to be a lot of restitution for the Messianic people as Jews.

Messianic people will have a better ability to witness, heal, discern and utilize spiritual gifts than others.

Messianics are going to help us (the Church) restore our foundations to where they belong -- and we won’t get where we’re supposed to be without their help.

Very much in the physical, very light on the spiritual, there is much more of this kind of stuff that can be found in his ministry. This is just the very tip of the iceburg.

Joe

Ok, alright already! I'll throw away my  Rick Joyner books the Final Quest and The Call.  :)

Actually I need to do some major housecleaning- I have many books that I need to
throw away now that God is opening my eyes to understand spiritual things. Praise God!

~Paula  :)

jennie

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2007, 07:11:06 PM »

Thanks ya'll for all the input. I have a problem believing in what is written in the book but maybe that is just me. The author of the book said that God let him come into heaven for 90 minutes but sent him back to earth to tell others about what heaven is like. I've never really wondered too much about what is after this life. I just figure God has it under control so I don't have to wonder about it. I don't mean this as anything against someone else's questions and studies just that I have never felt the need myself. Much love, Jennie

Redbird

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2007, 01:15:05 AM »

Mathew 6: 33-34

But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
Therefore, take no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

I'm with you Jennie.  I want to learn to live right in this life, before worrying about the next.  Most of the time, this means just getting thru the day for me (hopefully in a godly way).  Of course, some days are better than others!

His love to you,

Lisa
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 20 queries.