bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tithing  (Read 5317 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Tithing
« on: April 05, 2006, 01:25:08 PM »

Dear Ray,

Love your 'tude and keep up the excellent workOpen-mouthed smiley emoticon

The reason why I'm writing is because I've always felt pressure to give tithes/offerings/hard-earned money. Anyway last Sunday our priest gets up to the podium at mass and says stuff like "I want a bigger stage and I wanted this and that." I'm thinking did I just break my backside to get to mass or did I end up at a political convention? Then this priest is talking about more room for 100.00 usd dinners! At the conclusion of mass the offering plate was passed 3 times!

So yesterday I called a parish office asking about church policy on money matters. The church secretary was arguing with me about the priests or Catholic church "seeming like they ask for money" but of course, it's for the good of the church programs/missions. Whatever...

Now I really don't want to attend mass and tried to just concentrate on what Jesus did for us. I'm happy being Catholic but so unhappy with the way all churches want their money. It seems as if priests/pastors just want parishioners to attend for what they can give. What do you think?

Sincerely,

Ms. Noel

Dear Noel:
If you would read my paper on "Tithing is Unscriptural Under the New Covenant," you would know what I think. They are teaching unscriptural heresy. If you are "happy being Catholic," as you say,  then you have to take what comes with it.
Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 22 queries.