bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Penn & Teller  (Read 4272 times)

Patrick

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Penn & Teller
« on: January 21, 2007, 02:49:12 PM »

I was doing some channel surfing last night, cuz I could not sleep, and stumbled across thier show on Showtime (did I really stumble or did God keep me up to see this? ;)). At first I did not know it was thier show; I thought it was a show regarding Bible miracles. 2 guys were going back and forth about the parting of the Red Sea, so I watched. Then, BAM, here comes the big guy (don't know which one is Penn or which one is Teller) talking about how the Bible is BS (come to find out, BS is the name of the show) and the world needs more atheists and started quoting Bible verses like stoning your kids when they are bad, growing long hair is bad (then showing the standard picture of what the world thinks Jesus looks like) and many other verses that Christianity says should be taken literally and stated that the Bible is not a book to help with moral values. They actually made some interesting comments that if one did not have a strong Rock to stand on could lead many astray.
It made me sick to my stomach and made me rejoice that God drew me to B-T. Borrowing a quote from Ray, "UNBELIEVABLE".

Deborah-Leigh

Re: Penn & Teller
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 02:53:36 PM »

It sure is amaizing the kind of things that can happen to us to keep us reminded how privilaged and blessed we are to be here knowing these truths and in fellowship with like minded brothers and sisters. It is humbling to say the least!

Peace to you and I hope you get a good nights rest!

Arcturus

Kat

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007, 04:03:14 PM »

Hi Patrick,

Haven't seen the show you were talking about.
But before I ever heard about Bibletruths, I was visiting a forum for a while trying to figure out this tv program I was watching 'Lost.'  There was a thread that got started about the Bible, because there was a Bible on one episode. 
That was a real eye opener for me. 
There began to be a real heated discuss between evolution vs creation.  There were the intellectuals giving their view and the Christians.  At first I was of course on the Christian side, the debate went on and got into belief in God.  What struck me was how ugly the Christian would get and kept warning the others about hell.  I could not help but want to side with the atheists against the Christian, they made a lot more sense. 
Reading this whole debate kind of woke me out of a stupor I had been in for a long time.  So I decided to read up on some things and got on the internet, and wouldn't you know it the first site I started reading was Bibletruths.
Haven't looked back since.
God works in mysterious ways  :)

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2007, 03:12:00 AM »

Patrick,

I saw that show as well becuase I have been channel surfing too.  It seems that they put the most sickening and disturbing things on late at night.  I watched about 5 minutes and that was all that I could take.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

mrl1970

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2007, 09:27:04 PM »

I've seen this show and their biggest complaint seems to be the Christian Hell.
I've seen other episodes and they seem very smart, though  blind to the truths of God.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 23 queries.