bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: For ALL the Moms  (Read 4922 times)

John

For ALL the Moms
« on: January 22, 2007, 04:02:39 PM »

This is an e-mail my wife received today, some of you may have got it also, but I thought it is a great one so here it is, enjoy!

Peace,
John

May GOD specially BLESS whoever created this one, (Read to the END).

JUST A MOM?

A woman, renewing her driver's license at the County Clerk's office was asked by the woman recorder to state her occupation.  She hesitated, uncertain how to classify herself.
"What I mean is," explained the recorder, "do you have a job or are you just a ...?"
"Of course I have a job," snapped the woman.  "I'm a Mom."
"We don't list 'Mom' as an occupation, 'housewife' covers it," said the recorder emphatically.
I forgot all about her story until one day I found myself in the same situation, this time at our own Town Hall. 
The Clerk was obviously a career woman, poised, efficient and possessed of a high sounding title like, "Official Interrogator" or "Town Registrar."
"What is your occupation?" she probed.
What made me say it?  I do not know.  The words simply popped out...
"I'm a Research Associate in the field of Child Development and Human Relations."
The clerk paused, ball-point pen frozen in midair and looked up as though she had not heard right.
I repeated the title slowly emphasizing the most significant words.  Then I stared with wonder as my pronouncement was written, in bold, black ink on the official questionnaire.
"Might I ask," said the clerk with new interest, "just what you do in your field?"
Coolly, without any trace of fluster in my voice, I heard myself reply,
"I have a continuing program of research, [what mother doesn't] in the laboratory and in the field, [normally I would have said indoors and out].  I'm working for my Masters, [first the Lord and then the whole family].  And already have four credits [all daughters]. 
"Of course, the job is one of the most demanding in the humanities, [any mother care to disagree?]  And I often work 14 hours a day, [24 is more like it].  But the job is more challenging than most run-of-the-mill careers and the rewards are more of a satisfaction rather than just money."
There was an increasing note of respect in the clerk's voice as she completed the form, stood up and personally ushered me to the door.
As I drove into our driveway, buoyed up by my glamorous new career, I was greeted by my lab assistants -- ages 13, 7, and 3. 
 Upstairs I could hear our new experimental model, [a 6 month old baby] in the child development program, testing out a new vocal pattern.
I felt I had scored a beat on bureaucracy!  And I had gone on the official records as someone more distinguished and indispensable to mankind than "just another Mom." 
Motherhood!
Does this make grandmothers "Senior Research Associates in the field of Child Development and Human Relations"?
And great grandmothers "Executive Senior Research Associates"?
I think so!!!
I also think it makes Aunts "Associate Research Assistants".
Please send this to another Mom, Grandmother, Aunt, and other friends you know.

May your troubles be less,
May your blessings be more
And may nothing but happiness
Come through your door!
AMEN!!

rrammfcitktturjsp

Re: For ALL the Moms
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007, 04:33:04 PM »

John,

What a cool post this was.  I am proud to be a stay at home Mom and would not think otherwise.  Truly we are blessed to have the most rewarding occupations out there.  Thanks for sharing.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 04:56:10 PM »

John

That has been copied to someone who really needs to hear that in Korea. She is separated from her children while she works there on a year contract. It also was posted to some one who is feeling down because she doesn't have children althrough she is an AUNTY!

Peace to you with thanks

Arcturus :)

Kat

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2007, 07:23:56 PM »

Hi John,

I like the title, Research Associate in the field of Child Development and Human Relations, it seems a fitting way to describe the incredible responsiblities mothers have.
Thanks for passing it along  :)

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

John

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2007, 09:04:04 PM »

I'm glad you all enjoyed it as much as I did. I’ve often expressed to my wife that she is overworked and under paid. She usually smiles and says, ‘I’m paid with hugs and kisses and they are priceless!’  :)

Peace,
John

iris

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2007, 09:16:06 PM »

John, that was really cool!!!

Thanks for posting it.  :)

Iris

hebrewroots98

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2007, 04:03:28 AM »

...Now if I can just remember all of this for the next time that I am asked to fill out what my "occupation/ title" is. :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 20 queries.