bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Who would you meet from the Bible second after Jesus?  (Read 11007 times)

rrammfcitktturjsp

Who would you meet from the Bible second after Jesus?
« on: January 23, 2007, 11:06:25 AM »

To All,

David and I cracked open our bible last night and had a long discussion.  Late at night we tend to be very philosopical and deep.  I asked the question, if you could meet someone from the bible who would you meet first, well second after Jesus.  I looked to him and said, Jesus was a given.

He said that he would like to meet Abraham and Sarah.  He is impressed with the fact they had a child at 90 years old and their show of faith. 

I said I would like to meet the theif on the cross who accepted Jesus and the truth.  I would love to hear what he had done and also what he was thinking. 

So who would you alll like to meet second after Jesus.

I told my husband I would post this topic, and he said do it tomorow.  It was getting quite late.  So here I am.  Looking forward to seeing the respones.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

longhorn

Re: Who would you meet from the Bible second after Jesus?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2007, 11:18:52 AM »

I think I would get along with Methuselah pretty well.  I kinda dig Old people, and the name "Methuselah" means wine bottle.

Love in Christ

Longhorn

Patrick

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2007, 02:15:38 PM »

There are so many; but, for me it would be Job. The parallel between what he experienced, what Adam and Eve experienced, and what we are experiencing.
Who's idea was it to try Job? Job 1:8
Who's idea was it to place the tree of the knowledge of good AND evil in the middle of the garden? Isa. 45:7
Who's idea is it for us to experience the things we do? I Cor. 8:6, I Cor 11:12, II Cor. 5:18, Rom. 11:36 and (one of my favorites) Eph. 1:11

SandyFla

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2007, 03:03:58 PM »

I'd probably choose David.

He had so many flaws, yet he was a man after God's own heart.  Also, he was supposedly very good-looking.  ;)

Sandy

iris

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2007, 04:57:48 PM »

It would be hard to choose just one,

because there are so many of them that I would like to meet.  ;D

Iris

Kat

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2007, 05:16:47 PM »

It would definitely be one of the apostles, I think maybe James the brother of Jesus.
Would love to hear some of the stories about Jesus, that are not in the scripture.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

gmik

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2007, 05:30:03 PM »

HANDS DOWN......PAUL  (I just love him)

3rd place.....JOSEPH (love him too!!)

then my granny and great's and great greats....well, all my family like my sister in law who died at 50 of cancer.  I still miss her every day.

But Jesus is Who will thrill my heart the most.

gena

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2007, 05:57:00 PM »

Sandy,

Oh yes.  I know David's quite good looking that's why I married him.  Ooops, you mean King David in the bible LOL.  ;D ;D ;D

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

CEO

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2007, 06:34:20 PM »

Joseph.

He was given power and authority and how did he use it?
When given talent to use it for good is the characteristic that most impresses me.

Askseeknock
                                                Charlie O

Brett

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2007, 06:42:35 PM »

Jeremiah. ;)

He was very interesting writing of God like the deep things or mystery of God.

Brett :D

« Last Edit: January 24, 2007, 01:04:01 AM by Brett »

Robin

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2007, 01:47:42 AM »

I would love to ask Paul a million questions.

Blondie

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2007, 04:36:34 AM »

Definitely  Esther followed by Daniel, though it is hard to choose just one since I want to meet anyone God thoght enough of to use them in His Word.
Blondie. ::)

John9362

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2007, 08:28:45 AM »

Suprise ...suprise...no one wants to have a chat with satan..... :D ;D...Sorry guys couldn't help myself !!

John9362

SandyFla

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2007, 03:25:00 PM »

Sandy,

Oh yes.  I know David's quite good looking that's why I married him.  Ooops, you mean King David in the bible LOL.  ;D ;D ;D

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

Very good, Anne! :D Don't get jealous - I wasn't thinking of your hubby when I wrote that.  :P hehe
Sandy

Brett

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2007, 06:45:09 PM »

Suprise ...suprise...no one wants to have a chat with satan..... :D ;D...Sorry guys couldn't help myself !!

John9362

I thought about 'Satan'. It seem to me that everyone and us are not interesting to meet Satan because of the deciever and evil things. But, I realized that God who created Satan and there is no 'good' in him. God created him as nature of deciever. God has purpose for Satan. God has reason and wisdom. God created us both knowledge of good and evil after Adam and Eve ate the tree of knowledge of good and evil. See the difference?? When God's judgment on all mankind and even Satan, too. Satan will learn righteousness, truth, descipline, and repent.  Not now but in future. Interesting, will we see Satan after all repent? Just wondering what you think. :)

Good thinking John! ;D

Brett

« Last Edit: January 24, 2007, 07:29:24 PM by Brett »

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2007, 09:27:10 PM »

Brett and John,

I would have to admit, Satan would be a very interesting character to meet.  I would tie him up for eternity having to ask him all sorts of questions.

Something deep inside has always wondered if God would forgive Satan if he repented, and I am glad that he will eventually.  Makes me feel good that all is right with the world.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

hebrewroots98

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2007, 03:55:25 AM »

Yep, I too thought about satan, but since Anne mentioned PEOPLE I though of Paul/Saul;( infact, DH and I were talking yesterday about going to visit all of PAULS MISSIONARY  JOURNEYS some day.)  He was SO LEARNED in all areas (he spoke so many languages, was in positions of authority and was a man with a mission and he especially understood the Hebrew manuscripts as well as living in the New ERA/ New Covenant.  He was so dedicated to Christ in the final analysis that he didn't even have time to marry.

Secondly would be Luke, since he was a Physician and he would go into great detail about all that he had experience while with Yeshua.

Thirdly, the Nephelim; theres' just something interesting about giants :o

Solomon in all of his wisdom

OK Anne, you got me going now I can't stop.... ;)

longhorn

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2007, 12:20:29 PM »

I would like nothing better than to return the favor, and have SATAN call for his army to help pull the toe of my dirty boot out of his...you know what.  Don't think for a minute I wouldn't like to take some " Red Man" chewing tabacco and .......  mabey some of that good ol Louisiana HOT sauce.

Love in Christ

Longhorn

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2007, 04:42:25 PM »

This thread has got me thinking. You know we are told there is going to be a great banquet. Have you ever been to a party and known no one? Or, have you been to a party and all your friends are there and it is simply great! All I know is that with us lot at this Forum, God will have to give us “eternity” to catch up and have the time we need to fellowship to our hearts delight with all the talking and laughing and joy that God has in store for those who love Him! ;D

Brett

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2007, 09:18:35 PM »

This thread has got me thinking. You know we are told there is going to be a great banquet. Have you ever been to a party and known no one? Or, have you been to a party and all your friends are there and it is simply great! All I know is that with us lot at this Forum, God will have to give us “eternity” to catch up and have the time we need to fellowship to our hearts delight with all the talking and laughing and joy that God has in store for those who love Him! ;D

Very good! ;)

Brett

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 22 queries.