bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Who would you meet from the Bible second after Jesus?  (Read 11004 times)

Deborah-Leigh

Re: Who would you meet from the Bible second after Jesus?
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2007, 01:20:44 AM »

...and peace and joy to you too Bret! :D

hebrewroots98

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2007, 02:10:47 AM »

Amen for The Eternal Party to come ;D

jennie

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2007, 12:00:08 PM »

It's gnna be the best party ever! I want to see all my family that has gone on before. As far as Bible people. after Jesus , would be Samson. I always feel so bad for him because he got used and mis-used by a woman that he loved. I would also  like to ask Noah just how they managed on that ark. did it smell bad or did God take care of that for them? I guess it will be known on "the flip side"! Jennie

gmik

« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2007, 11:40:14 PM »

This has been fun to think about but when Jesus gives everything back to God and God "becomes All in All" and heaven isn't a place, will there be a big hootenanny in the sky??  If we are IN GOD and God is Spirit then.....????? I can't really imagine us talking to everyone, eating & drinking.  Then I start thinking about those Space Balls and HOW BIG the universe is...well, the mind goes all fuzzy on me!!

gena ::)

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2007, 11:49:19 PM »

Gena,

Yeah my mind goes fuzzy as well thinking about how big everything is.

In mathematics we have something called aleph null.  Aleph Null is the set that contains the set of infinity.  This blows my mind, I know that God is outside of infinity.  It is amazing how when things go bad that we think that we are so alone in the universe and it is so small.  I wish that we could remember that the universe is so vast and that God controls it all.

I can hardly wait until eternity, but then I do not have to wait.  I am going to write a deep topic that I have been waiting to share until the right time.  It has to do with time and space.  I am working on in for an undergraduate thesis in mathematics.  I will leave out the forumulas and just share the concepts.  I think that you will find it very interesting.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

gmik

« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2007, 12:06:51 AM »

Hi,

Is it true that the largest # is google??? You can always add a 1 to the highest known #.

Also, have you studied the Fibronacci Numbers??  Really shows God's order in the Universe.

gena  (I am taking a pause here, my granddaughter Emma is sitting on my lap and we are watching those silly horses sing that SandyFla posted a link-she loves them!!)

gena ;)

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2007, 12:19:13 AM »

Gena,

Here's an answer to your question about the google.

There is no such thing as a highest possible number. No matter what number you have, there is always a larger one. (For example, you could always add 1 to your number to get a larger number).
What you are intending to ask is "what is the largest number that anyone has ever decided to give a specific name to?" It is very important to understand that this is a completely different question from the one you asked, because it is a question about human culture not about mathematics.

The largest number that has a commonly-known specific name is a "googleplex", which is a 1 followed by a googol zeros, where a "googol" is  (a 1 followed by 100 zeros).

However, there would be nothing stopping you from giving a special name to a still larger number (such as a googleplex plus 1), and then that would become the largest named number once the term became commonly known.

In summary, then: the mathematical question "what is the highest possible number" has no answer, because there is no such thing. But the sociological question "what is the largest number that anyone has ever decided to give a specific name to, a name which has become commonly known" is, for now, a "googleplex" (until someone decides to coin a phrase for a still larger number and it catches on and becomes commonly known).

I hope that this helps.  I am so excited that I can talk about some mathematics for a change.  And yes the Fibonnaci series are exciting things to study.  I am still doing wierd things.

Do you remember the million dollar problems that came out in 2000.  I got one of them solved.  I just as of yet have to take the higher mathematics to learn the langauge that I need to write the mathematical proof.  I proved the problem using intuitive proof, it stinks that I have to wait a few more years before I can share the solution.  I showed it to my advisor at school and after walking him through the problem, I remember him saying, congratulations you have a million dollars on the board. It will be about 4-5 years depending how much math I can take.  I am teaching myself differential equations and that stuff.

I love mathematics, though the music department cannot understand why.  They have tried to get me to give this up, but I refuse to so, becuase it is recess for me everytime I open my math book.  Music vocation and passion, math is my hobby.

Those horses are a riot.  David-Lee screams at them and tries to drool on them when I play them for him.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

beverley

« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2007, 01:37:26 AM »

Hi everyone,,,
  I would like to meet Adam and Eve, i think that would be cool, i think they would have lots to say  :)  next would be Job... and the Ezekiel.... ;D Beverley 
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.