bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: tithe returned  (Read 7700 times)

Patrick

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
tithe returned
« on: January 23, 2007, 03:04:07 PM »

As some of you know, before I was called out, I played the drums in the church band. They had a very worn out older kit and it would sometimes break in the middle of a song (pieces fall out on the floor, very embarassing :-[). I was not able to tithe money, a new church had been built and the old set was headed to the dumpster, so I tithed my Pearl kit to the church and took the old drums.

When I learned about tithing, it really hurt and I asked God why (before I understood The Potter and the clay) and have missed playing on that kit (1.5 yrs).

Yesterday, I received a call from the music director. He said the church purchased a new electric kit; I just knew he was going to ask me to come back and play. However, he asked if I wanted the Pearl kit back.

I said yes. It may get interesting when I go to pick them up. 

Thank you, Father. Thank you, my Lord. Thank you, Ray/Bible-Truths/Dennis/Moderators/supporters/forum brothers & sisters (what an awesome Team)
John 10:30/17:11

hillsbororiver

Re: tithe returned
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2007, 03:14:25 PM »

Hi Patrick,

That is fantastic!

This certainly is an interesting journey............

His Peace to you Brother,

Joe

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2007, 06:06:36 PM »

Patrick,

I thought of that Scripture where it said, Cast thy bread upon the waters and if it is yours it will return to you.

Let us know what is going on.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

rk12201960

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2007, 09:30:34 PM »

Thats great Patrick.
Glad to see God is blessing you. Stand firm brother
Keep us updated. ;D
Randy

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2007, 10:51:28 PM »

Hi Patrick,

I'm delighted for you!  It seems to me your heart was in the right place, and you were blessed accordingly.

Peace and His grace to you.

Rene'

Sorin

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2007, 10:25:27 AM »

Patrick, that's great to hear! Now make some really loud noise on that drum set and scare your neighbors. Hehe.  ;D

longhorn

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2007, 11:08:41 AM »

Patrick,  when you pick up your old drum set you should play "wipe out" on the music directors head.

Longhorn

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2007, 04:27:50 PM »

Hello Patrick

You wrote : he asked if I wanted the Pearl kit back.

Now that you are getting the Pearl kit back, you can say you now have the pearls to show for it! Happy drumming!

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

Patrick

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2007, 07:02:33 PM »

Thanks, guys.
I do consider this a blessing. However, I am reminded of just where I was in my walk when all this went down. I can only pray that my "idol of the heart/lost my first Love" (spending more time behind the drums than I did reading and studying the Word) is behind me. :-[

Sorin, my neighbors are scared of me anyway. They think I am a "Hells Angel" because I ride motorcycles. Then again, they think they are cowpokes because they ride horses.

Longhorn, have sticks, will travel. Wipe Out was the first "song" I learned to play. One of the many mistakes my parents think they made, buying me my first drum kit (mom) and buying me my first motorcycle (dad). Of course, they each blamed the other.

Arcturus, I sure do.

PKnowler

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2007, 12:16:44 AM »

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for sharing how God blessed you by giving your Pearl kit back. Whatever a pearl kit is  ???. I'm sure you are glad to have it back. God is good to us!

This is pretty funny: One of the many mistakes my parents think they made, buying me my first drum kit (mom) and buying me my first motorcycle (dad). Of course, they each blamed the other.

My Dad use to play "wipe out" on the guitar when I was little. Cool melody.

Blessings, Paula

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2007, 12:33:10 AM »

Patrick,

Yeah for you.  I know what a gift it is to get the musical instrument that God has blessed you with talent for.  We finally got a piano sometime around last June and what a blessing it has been to have a piano for once.  I really feel like I am blessed and it does complete me somehow.  I know that someday I will begin practicing again, but for now I am content to help David-Lee chart his stages.  What a wonderful melody and song that little one is for me.

I have always wanted to learn to play drums.  I know that rhythm is a weakness for me.  I know a good friend who plays drums naturally very well.  Perhaps I will drum up some help from him.

Have fun jamming away.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

hebrewroots98

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2007, 04:21:53 AM »

Dwight, God is so good indeed.   :D

My husband has always played the drums too.  He had to be careful though, b/c he enjoyed it so much that at times it was tempting to become an idol of his heart.  (We do not have a set at the house; that is good for me :o, but not sogood for DH nor for Anne, so, Anne, don't even think about getting lessons from him, cuz then I would have to strum on both of your heads from all of that loud noise! ::) ;) ;)

HAPPY DRUMMING DWIGHT ;D

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2007, 11:04:34 AM »

Susan,

To further develop my rhythm and to help me grow as a musician, sure  you strumming on my head would be well worth it.  You forget I live with chronic headaches, but I guess that would not be nice to provide you with one via the drums.  Tell you what, I'll bring ear plugs.  ;D

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

hebrewroots98

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2007, 01:37:29 PM »

Gee thanks Anne, your'e all heart ::)

Sorin

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2007, 10:16:27 PM »

Patrick,  when you pick up your old drum set you should play "wipe out" on the music directors head.

I agree.  ;D

Patrick

« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2007, 03:25:19 PM »

Don't think this is over yet. ;D

When I picked up the drums (February), the music director informed me that the church needed to use some of my hardware (pedal, stands) because the member that purchased the electric set for the church did not know what accessories were needed.
I got a call Wednesday that I could pick up the rest of my stuff.

I did not see the pastor during the first trip; I had to "see" him this time because all of the hardware was in his office. We had an interesting conversation after he expressed his sadness that I was not attending church anymore.
My reply was that "God has moved me on to the meatier things"; of course the pastor asked "what do you mean?"
The first thing that came out of my mouth was Mathew 22:14 (many called, few chosen).
The pastor replied with, "many called, but few are chosen in regards to Salvation?"
"No, God will save everyone", I said and quoted 1 Tim 2:4 and 1 Tim 4:10 and that there are many more Scriptures regarding Salvation of all; I reminded him of a heated discussion 2 of the Deacons and myself had regarding God desires everyone be saved but "free will" prevents that and I told the pastor "if God desires it, do we really think puny man can defeat God, and He won't get His desires!. So, I'm speaking of the resurrections in regards to many called, few chosen."
At that point, he said, "the New Testament Christians of old all went to church, I still miss talking to you and we need to have coffee some morning so I can pick your brain."  :o
 ??? Pick my brain? That same brain that others at the church stated was confused, way out there, and lost?
I did not say the above, but sure thought it.
So, at that time, I got my stuff, he said "thanks for everything", we shook hands, and I left.

I'm glad I don't have to drive past the church, thinking I still have to stop at some point and get my stuff, anymore.
Now, when I drive past, I'm reminded that God used me to help build that church, but God did that for a "good" reason. As Ray states in "The Synagouge of Satan" paper "God does not create things that do not serve a good purpose."

We'll see if he (pastor) calls about "picking my brain."

hebrewroots98

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2007, 02:52:06 AM »

Good job at being the vessleof honor for him to see in you Patrick; you planted the seed and
God will give the increase IF HE wills to.  I'm glad that you got to see the fruits of your labors and hopefully he will come to his senses and hear what you were telling him.

Glad you had a good time at the conference .

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2007, 09:50:56 AM »

Hello Patrick

The Pastor will have to repent first! That kind of correction might be the last thing on his mind. It will hurt like the proverbial hell he preaches and he may just head for the hills and believe you are possessed to rationalise his way out of giving up his idolatry of Mystery Babylon!....

For me, faith, Repentance, Conversion, being born again is a gift...and being ultimately SAVED is a GIFT won for us by Christ. That we all will be saved is certain. The way we are all saved will be different for those chosen and those lost though.

I think your conversation and dropping pearls before the Pastor was the reason you were placed to give words of wisdom to a heart that just might be being opened to the refreshing truth. How stale, bitter and sour the teaching of hell is by comparison!

Peace to you

« Last Edit: June 02, 2007, 11:41:49 AM by Arcturus »

Patrick

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2007, 11:34:22 AM »

Good job at being the vessel of honor for him to see in you Patrick; you planted the seed and
God will give the increase IF HE wills to.  I'm glad that you got to see the fruits of your labors and hopefully he will come to his senses and hear what you were telling him.

Glad you had a good time at the conference .

Thanks, Susan.
When the music director called me and mentioned that all of my things were in "the pastors office", I had a feeling something was "up."
In the past, I would have practiced different scenarios so that I would have a "comeback" if needed.
That did not happen this time; I prayed for God to use me as He sees fit and that His Word is all that comes out of my mouth. I'm not good at memorising Scripture, but I had no problem bringing them up in the conversation.
God Willing, we'll see each other at the next conference, Susan (need more Texans  ;D).

Hello Patrick

The Pastor will have to repent first! That kind of correction might be the last thing on his mind. It will hurt like the proverbial hell he preaches and he may just head for the hills and believe you are possessed to rationalise his way out of giving up his idolatry of Mystery Babylon!....

I know he does not take correction well; experienced this first hand when we were building the "new" church. I also know others at the church already think I'm possessed.

For me, faith, Repentance, Conversion, being born again is a gift...and being ultimately SAVED is a GIFT won for us by Christ. That we all will be saved is certain. The way we are all saved will be different for those chosen and those lost though.

Amen!
The conversation never got that far. ;)

I think your conversation and dropping pearls before the Pastor was the reason you were placed to give words of wisdom to a heart that just might be being opened to the refreshing truth. How stale, bitter and sour the teaching of hell is by comparison!
Peace to you

I'm so thankful that God has helped me burn that dung (teaching of hell) out of my heart/mind and replaced it with just how loving God the Father and God the Son really are.
Thank you, Arcturus.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 19 queries.