bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: pillar of salt  (Read 6022 times)

pylady

pillar of salt
« on: January 23, 2007, 03:54:48 PM »

Hi everyone,

Don't know where to post this.  Mod if in wrong place please move it to the right forum. 

I know you have already discussed 9/11 and Ray's discourse, but did you ever have
 something trigger such a vivid image in your mind that you just have to tell someone?

Was reading a bible commentary about God's judgment on Sodom.  And how Lot and his family were told to run to another town and not look back.  But of course Lot's wife drags behind, looks back and becomes a "pillar of salt" - not by magic, so goes the commentary, but by being engulfed in the suffocation rain of debris.

An image of the people running from the World Trade Center on 9/11, covered in debris, just jumped into my mind.  God's judgment!  Who can ever forget those images?

Anyway I haven't been able to get that thought out of my mind since and wanted to share it.

God's peace to you,

Cindy

rrammfcitktturjsp

Re: pillar of salt
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2007, 06:03:01 PM »

pylady,

I will never ever forget where I was when I first found out about it.  I was in the Student Union at Texas Tech in shock.  I stood there among other students in silence.  I will never forget, but I know that what we experienced that day is going to look like a walk in candyland compared to what is coming if  our nation does not repent.  I believe that was a wake up call and a warning.

"Where were you when the world stopped turning, on that Septemeber Day?"  I know that I can never ever forget.  Thanks for posting.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

YellowStone

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2007, 07:59:59 PM »

Anne asked:

"Where were you when the world stopped turning, on that Septemeber Day?"

Anne, I will never forget that day either. I was in a Corporate Communications meeting at Compaq in Houston. My wife paged me with the news. It was so sad. I dared not say anything during the meeting, but it was drawing to a close. I then went and told the senior VP who conducted the meeting. Soon after Compaq sent everyone home.

I called one of my buddies on the way home and commented that this was a life changing event. It changed my life.

Thanks for the question. :)

Darren

brothertoall

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2007, 10:51:18 AM »

I was at work that day and I had heard that a plane crashed into one of the towers. By the time I got to a TV I was shocked to see what was happening and I was numb.
I was hurt and then that hurt turned to anger. Life changing?? You bet it was.

By the way I am no longer angry.

bobby

hillsbororiver

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2007, 09:10:01 AM »

As fate would have it (we know better) I happened to be home that morning online perusing the Drudge Report, I was a political animal (beast) in those days. There was a little blip on the screen about what was first reported to be a private plane crashing into the World Trade Center I immediately turned on one of the 24 hour talking head news stations as they were then picking up on it just in time to catch the second plane crashing into the other Tower. The image of that is seared in my brain.

The fact that this happened on "911" the North American (U.S. & Canada) code for EMERGENCY in the first year of this mellenium I thought was more than a coincidence or the intricate planning of the terrorists as it was later found that this was their 3rd attempt at putting this all together. They first tried in May but they did not feel the logistics were in their favor for one reason or another.

I totally agree with Ray that God is giving the world (especially the U. S. & western "christian" nations) a wake up call, but only a few with God given "ears to hear" are hearing Him.

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 09:38:57 AM by hillsbororiver »

Chris R

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2007, 10:07:53 AM »

Hello Folks,

I suppose none of us will forget the days events leading up to the horrific scenes on our televisions, as Joe had stated, fate would have it i would be home that morning, and what we saw that morning will be etched in all of our minds.

In retrospect, the thought of the two towers falling so quickly did not sink in for weeks to come.
In this world of de-sensatized TV viewers, this seemed like a motion picture with some sort of illuisional effects.

The technical abilities of our modern media is one way in which God has taken the horror out of seeing such horrific images.  Truly in this age, there is no other way in which Americans would recover so quiclky from such a terrible ordeal, As we already have movies re-creating the events of that day, and the visual effects are very convincing indeed.

The saying "Only in America" rings true in this event, as filmakers seek opprotunities to profit over such devistation

Just a thought to ponder.

Chris R

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2007, 02:38:53 PM »

Chris R,

Unfortunately that is very sad and very true.  There is much talk about making a movie about the Katrina hurricaine.  Hollywood gets so desparate it is really pretty bad.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

hillsbororiver

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2007, 01:00:55 PM »

It is amazing how short our collective memory is in this culture (western civilization) and how the lessons of past mistakes are shortly forgotten and soon to be repeated.

His Peace to you all,

Joe

gmik

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2007, 01:52:50 PM »

I was in class teaching, so it wasn't until lunch when I saw several teachers standing around the only TV in the Library.  Shock, disbelief, stunned any other adjective!! WE were instructed to not say anything in class.  Parents started coming in to get their children and of course before 3:00 we were all talking about it.  The children were frightened.

When I was a kid in school we had air raid drills cuz we thought the Russians may attempt to bomb us.

I grew up w/ the question:  Where were you when jFK died??

All part of being in this world I guess.  America has been blessed in modern era to not have war at our doorstep.  (Altho the Civil War was horrible.)

gena

hillsbororiver

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2007, 02:07:16 PM »

When I was a kid in school we had air raid drills cuz we thought the Russians may attempt to bomb us.

Gena, I remember the "get under your desk" drill ;) like that would have protected anyone from a nuclear bomb!  ???

I grew up w/ the question:  Where were you when jFK died??

Another coincidence for me? I happened to be home alone that day too (as with 911), the school I was attending (4th grade at the time) was experiencing a German Measles mini epidemic and I showed the signs of having them so the school nurse called my Mom at work and she gave the nurse the OK to send me on my way home, there were really no real bad symtoms (that I recall) just red splotches, I was happily drinking milk, eating cookies and watching an old western on TV when the news flashed on the screen, I was terrified, locked all the doors and windows, closed the blinds and thought the world was coming to an end. Both my parents were home within the hour and we all silently rivoted our attention to that 19" black and white screen. 

gena

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 20 queries.