bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jesus Married?  (Read 5776 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Jesus Married?
« on: January 24, 2007, 09:38:38 AM »

Dear Mr. Smith:  you argue that Jesus was of the same flesh as man and inferior to God the Father.  So, although the scriptures are silent on this, if he was married, I fail to see why this should have any effect on my being a Christian.  Do you agree?

Leticia

Dear Laticia:
    Actually, I have never "argued that Jesus was...inferior to God His Father."  Jesus said that His Father was greater than He, but that is not my argument. Jesus also said that "I and My Father are ONE" (John 10:30).  Although there is no specific statement that Jesus never married, there are, nonetheless, many indicators that He did not. Marriage is the fulfillment of numerous "pulls of the flesh," and therefore is entered into by even the most pious persons, with certain carnal gratifications of the flesh in mind. Jesus did NOT consummate such desires of the flesh. He said He didn't come to be served (not even by a wife), but to be a Servant, etc.
    God be with you,
    Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 22 queries.