bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: for Arcturus  (Read 12907 times)

Deborah-Leigh

Re: for Arcturus
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2007, 05:35:16 AM »

Thank you for your warm welcome words of encouragement Sue.

I have always enjoyed the stars from as way back as I can remember. I always thought that my bed room should not have a roof because the way to go to sleep was to be looking at the heavens that truly proclaim HIS glory. My soul just fills through the portal of my eyes when I look at the show God puts on for us all through His soulfully breathtakingly captivatingly beautiful and ever original  sky’s that are barely noticed or looked up to as they should be, as they can lift me to heights of new perspectives when I get too stuck on ground floor downward facing, gravity.

It was a natural for me to want to choose my Forum name to be associated to a heavenly star name in the forum  where our conversations should all but be proclaiming HIS glory! “Twinkle twinkle little stars, how I wonder what you are. Up above the world so high. Like a diamond in the sky.”  For me we are all as heavenly stars with Christ our Star of David.

Deut 1 : 10 The Lord your God has multiplied you, and behold, you are this day as the stars of the heavens for multitude.

Exodus 32 : 13 Earnestly remember Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, Your servants, to whom You swore by Your own self and said to them, I will multiply your seed as the stars of the heavens, and all this land that I have spoken of will I give to your seed, and they shall inherit it forever.

…..So I did a quick check of the star names and a brief search regarding their specific meanings. I did not feel comfortable to choose any other star name or meaning except Arcturus.  When I found Arcturus, that was it! Only now, after interest in the Forum towards my Forum name have I discovered the appropriateness of this name because  I often feel like I am from another galaxy, I often feel like I lag in my movements and am slow behind others, and I do feel like I am a Great Bear watcher. I do follow Ray and I do often feel just like Arcturus!… magnetically active with  a hard-to-observe "buried corona."

HE has made a way for us to leave our former ways of living and to change our thoughts and attitudes. When HIS image is completed in us we will display our new natures to His glory and praise. We are being made into new creatures created in God’s likeness, righteousness holy and true perfection of  HIS Love up above the world (carnality) so high, like diamonds in the sky….His seed stars now in HIS pottery studio of the universe being fashioned through the fiery trials of His furnace of Love.

Anne...as for any bears....I do not plan to fade out anytime soon but then again that is not up to me but as for bears, I love them and they are not a problem for me!  The wolves and foxes...now that is another story! :D

Peace and love to you

Arcturus :)

Sorin

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2007, 10:04:28 AM »

Hello Arcturus, you said: "Arcturus, the "Bear Watcher," follows Ursa Major, the Great Bear, around the pole, "arktos" being the Greek name for "bear," from which our word "arctic" is derived by reference with the constellation of the Greater Bear."

Just a fun fact: In Romanian the word Urs means bear, Ursu means like 'The Bear' and Ursoaica means 'female bear'. Just figured I'd throw that in there since it's so similar to Ursa..  :D

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2007, 12:18:45 PM »

To All,

Guys I have figured out a cool birthday presents for my son and husband this year.  I am going to name a star after them.  You can use up to 35 characters in the star's name.  I am going to tell them, that God knows each star by name, and yes they too will have their own stars.  I wanted to reinforce for the little one that saying, shoot for the stars, but as he will already have a star, then he can shoot beyond.

I wanted to give them something unusual and yet special.  I am excited to do this.

Shhhhh, no one tell them this.  ;D 

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

Arcturus,

Wow, great post.  So that's where your name has come from.  Susan and I have been trying to figure out what it means.  Twinkle, twinkle, little stars indeed.  :D

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

jennie

« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2007, 01:50:35 PM »

Not to bring ya'll down but I want to share the significance of the stars to me. When I was a little girl, my bed was positioned so I could see the sky through the windows. I remember I had white curtains that my Mama had made out of an old sheet. Our windows were open in the spring and summer because it gets so-o-o-o-o hot down here. On the nights when the "bad things"(ya;ll know what I mean) would happen I could still see the stars. I could stare at the sky and sort of go away from the pain in my body. I looked up at the stars and thought how big the sky is and that somewhere there were children who were looking at the same stars and were happy and not getting hurt. I also looked up at the stars and thought that compared to everything else that was going on in the world.... my situation was such a little part. It gave me such comfort to be able to look up at the stars. God blesses us in so many ways that we can't even begin to count the blessings! Much love, Jennie

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2007, 02:13:09 PM »

To All,

Well I did it.  I got my hubby his birthday present.  It will not be here until Monday.  He now has a little piece of the heavens.  We were watching "A Walk to Remember" and crying through it.   ;D

Jennie,

Here in Lubbock one has to struggle to see the stars at night due to the city lights.  Yet when I see them with no lights around, I am breathless.  I love the stars.  What an awesome God we serve.  I forget what percentage of the night sky that we on earth can see or know of, but God knows these stars and all of them by name.  Wow, and to think that he could love me.  I am amazed.  Thanks for sharing.  I wonder what it is about the stars that have intrigued man and comforted man through all these ages?

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

chuckt

« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2007, 02:44:41 PM »

wow. you all blessed with your posts.

what wonderfull things God has planned for us.

the universe is huge and so is GOD.

love
chuckt.

ps.

scott/slim... is doing fine, his cancer has been eleminated, and he is recovering nicely. :-*

« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 02:45:28 PM by chuckt »

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2007, 02:50:04 PM »

Chuckt

Thank you for opening what has turned into a most tenderly beautiful thred to me. This has truly been God's unmerited favour towards me that has blessed me very much!

Jennie

Thank you for sharing and disclosing that poignantly fiery trial you have been through.  When we are violated and are unable to defend ourselves, when we suffer loss and are helpless, when we are traumatized and humiliated….we share in the sufferings of Christ our precious Lord and He holds our treasure in His hands that He assures us He brings with Him when He comes again.

Sorin

That is very interesting but more so…how did you make the Romanian connection. Do you speak Romanian?

Anne

Your post gave me goose bumps. What an sweet idea!

Deut 1 : 10 The Lord your God has multiplied you, and behold, you are this day as the stars of the heavens for multitude.

Exodus 32 : 13 Earnestly remember Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, Your servants, to whom You swore by Your own self and said to them, I will multiply your seed as the stars of the heavens, and all this land that I have spoken of will I give to your seed, and they shall inherit it forever.

Peace in heartfelt fellowship with you all

« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 02:52:31 PM by Arcturus »

jennie

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2007, 04:10:10 PM »

I think one reason we get comfort from looking at the stars is that they have been there a long, long time and the amazing knowledge that God holds them there for us to see. It also makes our little trials seem not so big! Love, Jennie
p.s. Anne, Did you not just cry your eyes out at that movie? The book was even better. I loved both!

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2007, 04:14:45 PM »

Does any one know that due to the unimaginable distance from our earth, that the light of a star continues after it extinguishes and that the stary sky we see is as it was in the past only? Apparently this is true according to Albert Einstein theory of relativity. I am not to certain of this however.

Can anyone confirm this?

hillsbororiver

« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2007, 04:38:25 PM »

Hi Arcturus,

I can only confirm that science says light travels @ 186,000 miles per second and that "Light Years" (the amount of space light travels in a year) is the gage in which the vastness of the Universe is measured. If you see a star that is a thousand light years away then the light you are seeing is a thousand years old. So if that star blew up 500 years ago it wont't disappear from the sky for another 500 years.

There are many University or Science sites available to check it out, the sheer vastness of the Universe is mind boggling indeed.

Joe

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2007, 04:51:34 PM »

Thank you Joe

Kind of makes me think again of relative v/s absolute. Relative according to man and what is seen and Absolute according to God and the unseen!

Peace to you

Arcturus

John

« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2007, 01:46:42 AM »

Hi Arcturus,

I can only confirm that science says light travels @ 186,000 miles per second and that "Light Years" (the amount of space light travels in a year) is the gage in which the vastness of the Universe is measured. If you see a star that is a thousand light years away then the light you are seeing is a thousand years old. So if that star blew up 500 years ago it wont't disappear from the sky for another 500 years.

There are many University or Science sites available to check it out, the sheer vastness of the Universe is mind boggling indeed.

Joe

This caused me to think,
Using this same logic, or a twisted version of it; God created the heavens and the earth say oh bout 8000 or 3 billion years ago (insert your favorite number here), what ever your preference may be; then we are living out or seeing what has already been completed.

Genesis 2
1. Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.

James 4
14.  Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.

Peace,
John

hebrewroots98

« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2007, 01:54:52 AM »

Ah the wonders of wonders that I experience each time I visit with you all.  

(I want to rent that video, Anne, it sounds like a great movie.  And as I had told you before, I got my Mom a star in her name; with the coordinates and info needed for her to try and find it; I had it named Judith (at least in which part of the sky her star resides in) and...she was not impressed.  Oh well, to each his own preferance ;)   Now that I think about it Anne, this would be a nice present to get Daniel on his next bday as you had recommended, as it will give him alot to ponder on whenever he looks up ::) :o 8)

I'm so glad that this has blessed your heart, Arcturus.  It has mine too.  I figured that there was something deep that you could share with us here regarding that title; as you usually do.  Thanks! :D  

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2007, 03:35:03 AM »

Susan,

What movie are you talking about?

Yeah I think Daniel would enjoy that.  It is unique and unusual. 

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

hebrewroots98

« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2007, 10:48:04 AM »

Anne,

(in Longhorn's words..."DANG IT"... (I say dang it b/c I see now that you never posted that movie on this thread.) The movie that I was asking you the name of was on a dif post I guess; but it's the one that you and your DH watched last week about 'stars' (you know, the one that inspired you to get this star as a birthday present? )  I was just needing to know the name of it so I can go and rent it out. :D  thanks. ;)

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2007, 11:48:16 AM »

Susan,

That does make sense now.  I did not know what you referring to, believe me I scanned this thread for the mention of a movie.  I think it was in the star thread.  It is called "A Walk to Remember"  - Got an idea, why do we not go and get ice cream tomorrow afternoon and watch the movie.  It would have to be after church.  I have it saved in my DVR right now.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

hebrewroots98

« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2007, 01:58:03 AM »

Anne,
Lets try to plan this movie for this coming weekend when Terry is off. :)

Redbird

« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2007, 06:10:50 AM »

Arcturus,

Thank you for lighting up the night.  You are truly a very special "star"!!

Lisa

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2007, 06:23:06 AM »

Takes one to know one my dear...thank God that HE has appointed us to know The STAR of David our precious Lord in whose awesome light we shine!......Without Him I am just a cold pock marked scarred old moon....no...not even that much! Not even that much but look what HE can do with the moon and the stars!.....Much more He is doing for us!

Peace to you

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 18 queries.