bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: It just happened.  (Read 5747 times)

longhorn

It just happened.
« on: January 24, 2007, 02:38:25 PM »

Of the 1000's of e-mails to Ray posted on this sight. This one might be my favorite.  We are blessed to have stumbled upon this forum.  " Jesus Married"  This is a topic that is "Butcherd"  dangit I cant spell, but yall know what I mean.   Ray answers this e-mail in a profounding way.

Longhorn

longhorn

Re: It just happened.
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2007, 02:49:00 PM »

Forgot to mention, this post is directed at todays e-mail to Ray.  I forget a lot of stuff, get over it.  ;D

God has a great ending to this silly ballgame we call life.

Love in Christ

Longhorn

Kat

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2007, 04:05:22 PM »

Hi Longhorn,

I brought the email over that you referred to  :)
Can't say I ever thought Jesus would have married, I don't believe having a wife was not part of His misssion here.

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3197.0.html ---------------------

Jesus Married?
« on: Today at 06:38:38 AM »     

Dear Mr. Smith:  you argue that Jesus was of the same flesh as man and inferior to God the Father.  So, although the scriptures are silent on this, if he was married, I fail to see why this should have any effect on my being a Christian.  Do you agree?

Leticia

Dear Laticia:
    Actually, I have never "argued that Jesus was...inferior to God His Father."  Jesus said that His Father was greater than He, but that is not my argument. Jesus also said that "I and My Father are ONE" (John 10:30).  Although there is no specific statement that Jesus never married, there are, nonetheless, many indicators that He did not. Marriage is the fulfillment of numerous "pulls of the flesh," and therefore is entered into by even the most pious persons, with certain carnal gratifications of the flesh in mind. Jesus did NOT consummate such desires of the flesh. He said He didn't come to be served (not even by a wife), but to be a Servant, etc.
    God be with you,
    Ray
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

longhorn

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2007, 05:11:52 PM »

Bottom line.  He did not come to be served, but to be a servant.

Longhorn

DWIGHT

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2007, 05:19:59 PM »

Longhorn,

This is just like that guy's testimony of going to hell.  She got this married stuff from the "Da Vinci Code" just more junk that Christianity believes in.

In His truth,

Dwight

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2007, 06:14:35 PM »

To All,

I recently have watched and read the Da Vinci code.  I am doing a reasearch over the book.  Can anyone lead me to some sites that address some of the claims.  What about the  other gospels this brings up?  I am confused after reading and watching the movie, great plot but horrible theology.  And I can understand why others would be condfused after watching it.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

eggi

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2007, 07:09:55 PM »

Anne,

this might be a good place to start:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticisms_of_The_Da_Vinci_Code

I also saw a British documentary which ripped the whole theory apart, piece by piece. I'll try to find that link again, it was on Google Video.
Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?

jennie

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2007, 09:03:49 PM »

Hey Anne, My daughter read all the books and info. on the DaVinci code. she wanted me to read it too just as interesting reading. If you like just e-mail me any questions she might help with and I will pass them on to her. I couldn't get into it for some reason but I will help any way that I can, Jennie

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2007, 09:30:46 PM »

Eggi,

Thanks for the link.  I just finished reading it.

Jennie,

Yep I sure will keep that in my memory.  Thanks, I will PM you with any questions.

Appreciate you two.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

jennie

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2007, 12:57:29 PM »

Hey Anne, Michael and I just watched the movie this week-end . He said he couldn't understand a lot of it and I had to really pay close attention to keep up with the storyline and chatacters. Jennie

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2007, 01:01:27 PM »

Eggi,

Did you ever find that British documentary on google?

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

hebrewroots98

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2007, 10:07:40 PM »

I had watched a commentary on TLC and they (the experts) pulled the scriptures out of context; I would not even waste my money on renting it b/c of the blasphemy involved.  (...do not add to or take away from this Book...), they definately added to!  This DA VINCI CODE is definately bought as truth to those with itching ears and whom don't know the Word!  (...THEY CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH...as a favorite movie I watched stated.) :(

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2007, 10:10:31 PM »

Susan,

There I go, trying to go off topic.  So glad that there are those of you who challenge me to stay put and learn the truth rather than going off on these tangents.

Thanks for the heads up on the waste of money.  I wish not to confuse myself any further.  I am trying to find the light at the end of the tunnel and not to hide it.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

hebrewroots98

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2007, 01:15:42 AM »

Anne, 
You are growing by leaps and bounds lately!  I love what I see in you :D  We are all on a learning expedition for as long as we have left in this life.  I think you contribute wonderfully to this forum. :D  Thank you for all that you offer!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 22 queries.