bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Absent from the body?  (Read 6391 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Absent from the body?
« on: January 24, 2007, 05:22:21 PM »

Hi Ray,
    could you please explain these scriptures to me,as I am haveing problems with them. I have been reading your Qs and Answeres and am becomming really confused.  Bob Briggs
    Paul's testimony that to be absent from the body is to be presant with Christ [2nd cor.5:8]. Those who die in the Lord in this age go immediately into the presence of the Lord. Those who die without Christ go to Hades, where there is torment [Luke 16:19-31]. They will later be brought from Hades to appear before the great white throne judgment, after which they will all be cast into the lake of fire and experience eternal damnation [Rev.20:11-15.

Dear Bob:
    I get this same question every few days, year after year. First, there is NO such Scripture as is referenced in your email, and that is quoted a million times a day by Christian worldwide:  "To be absent from the body   IS   to be present with the lord."  Read it yourself. Here is what it says:

"We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body   AND TO BE   present with the Lord."

The words "AND to be" puts this presence with the Lord at a time INTO THE FUTURE after Paul's death at a time of resurrection. Paul did not LIE when he taught us that He, like all saints, would be resurrected from the DEAD, not at his death, but AT THE LAST TRUMP (I Cor. 15:52).

God be with you,
    Ray

« Last Edit: January 24, 2007, 06:19:06 PM by hillsbororiver »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 22 queries.