bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Christ's Body?  (Read 6053 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Christ's Body?
« on: January 24, 2007, 05:50:38 PM »

Dear Ray,
        Where did Christ's old body go?  Is the answer in one of your installments, I couldn't find it.  Why are there holes in his New body, to remind us?  Thanks so much if you can answer or point me in the right direction for the answer!

Dear Reader:
    There are sooooo many important things to understand in Scripture that I absolutely just marvel at many of the questions I am asked. I just don't see the relevance of such questions.

Jesus Christ was the Firstfruits of those Who Slept. He became a physical man. He died, and just like all who die, Jesus awaited resurrection. His came sooner than ours. In the resurrection of God's Elect, they are raised with a "spiritual body" (I Cor. 15:43-44). Therefore Jesus was resurrected with a "spiritual body."  He manifested Himself in His physical body so that Thomas would know for sure it was Jesus. He also manifested Himself as the Gardner to Mary. He manifested Himself as yet a different person to the two men walking to Emmaus.  And he manifested Himself as yet another person when He met His disciples on the shore. Jesus will not go through eternity living in a corruptible physical body full of holes. What, pray tell, does it matter WHERE His physical body "went?"  Will it maybe be displayed in a heavenly museum in a jar of formaldehyde?  I don't mean to make light of your question, but I can't help it--it's the way I am when it comes to thing s like this. And my last reader asked me to "go easy" on those who have been lead astray.  What can I say: failed again! But I do hope that what I have said is helpful.
    God be with you,
    Ray

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 22 queries.