bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question about biblical inerrancy.  (Read 4388 times)

Phazel

Question about biblical inerrancy.
« on: April 05, 2006, 03:09:15 PM »

I'm new here and glad this forum exists.

I am glad to get validation for things I have questioned since I was little that I rejected in the church I was raised in.   I went wayward for a while in my own life since I knew I could never measure up to the qualifications that was given me to avoid Hell.

Anyway, thanks to the bible truths site to give me direction when reading the scriptures and studying.

Now to my question.

I read this on the site in the e-mail section.
God's WORD is INERRANT! Men's BIBLES are filled with ERROR

Its not that I am disagreeing,  I want a clearer picture.   I of course was always told that the bible I was given was the word of God and inerrant.   So, if my bible is full of errors.   How do I know what Gods Word really contains?

ertsky

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2006, 03:18:44 PM »

Hi Phazel

i guess the main point here is that the original scriptures were in hebrew and greek and we all have english translations

translation is a very difficult or even impossible task to achieve 100% accuracy

so our translations are better or worse depending on which translation or even which particular verse we are looking at

there is a really good bit about this somewhere in Rays material

well for me it's e-sword free bible software to the rescue

you can just click and look up the original greek or hebrew word

however sometimes even the notes in thayers or strongs definitions can be a little off (thankfully this is rare though)

thank God that as we compare scripture with scripture it becomes obvious how God inspired the use of the word and as God's spirit teaches us we get a spiritual picture of the spiritual Word

f

Phazel

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006, 03:53:52 PM »

Quote from: Falconn003
Phazel
In those same qualifications did you ever find them contradicting to your bible. The reason i ask is becuase the bible does not contain qaulifications in avoiding hell. so i am just wondering... anyhow on to your question/s.

Well alot of the things I was told amounted to things like this.   Someone might say they are saved.   The good Christian would point out something they did bad and state that they were probably not saved in the first place.  I drew the conclusion that I could never be saved cause I knew I always screwed up.  

This caused me "for a time"  to just  forget about God as there really was no use in trying?   But, in the depths of my soul or thinking, whichever it may really be I felt that there was a God.   I could never explain why I felt this no matter how much I dispaired due to my upbringing.  I wanted to know who he was, but for years I did not know how.

Now the verse where God has written on our hearts makes perfect sense!!!

By the aceptance of the Holy Spirit can you ever know what Gods Word really contains !

Thank you for the link.

I think maybe what I am getting at is if the original manuscripts are considered inerrant, or am I missing the point?

Phazel

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 04:24:40 PM »

Quote from: Falconn003
well i do believe the authors of the ancient text is really not know, oh assumed.

But as these are the 1st to be written down by the inspiration of the spirit of God.  And then translated into english and other langauges, the translators and churches dominant of the time saw fit to add much more than what was needed to express the truth.  

Anyhow i will stop there and let you on your juorney to the truths you seek in here, come back and we'll fellowship on what you learned within.

Ray's articles are very well written, and should they be confussing that is were many memebers here can help you out.

Hopefully you will find Mike and Ray to be good teachers of the truth you seek.

Congrats on your spiritual growth and be blessed.

Rodger

Thank you for your explaination,  that is along the lines of how I felt as well.   I will certainly enjoy sharing my joy in the reading I am doing in my new direction.

Falconn003

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2006, 06:17:37 PM »

Phazel

You are most certainly welcome, the moderators in here carry a huge amount of knowledge as well, though they apear to be a bit shy, ask for their help when you are stuck on a subject...ok

Rodger
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 20 queries.