bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jesus was lead into the wilderness to be tempted  (Read 7073 times)

Kat

Jesus was lead into the wilderness to be tempted
« on: January 25, 2007, 04:40:04 PM »

I was thinking about how Jesus was lead into the wilderness to be tempted by Satan.
As I was looking into this, I noticed a lot of parallels between His experience in the wilderness and our time in the church.
The church is referred to as being in the wilderness, and for us the church is a wilderness experience in many ways.

Rev 12:6  and the woman fled into the wilderness, where she has a place prepared by God, in which she is to be nourished for 1,260 days.

So the women is the church and is Babylon (Rev.17:3-5), and the church is in the wilderness. 

Mat 4:1  Then Jesus was led by the Spirit up into the wilderness, to be tempted by the Devil.
Mat 4:2  And when He had fasted forty days and forty nights, He was afterwards hungry.

Jesus was lead into the wilderness to be tempted, after He was baptized and before He started His ministry. 
It is interesting that the wilderness experience was the period of time right before He began His ministry.
We are in the church and are called out when He begins to teach us the Truth.

He went without food, would that be a picture of the church not providing any spiritual food?

While He was in the wilderness, it is interesting that He was among the wild beast, we all know about the beast within.

Mar 1:13  And He was there in the wilderness forty days, tempted by Satan.  And He was with the wild beasts, and the angels ministered to Him.

The very first temptation that Satan used while there, was he told Christ to turn the stones into bread. 

Luk 4:3  And the Devil said to Him, If you are the Son of God, speak to this stone that it might become bread.

Wouldn't that be like the church saying the 10 commandments (on stone, old covenant) is nailed to the cross, now just believe in Christ (bread of Life)?   But Jesus says we should live by every word of God.

Mat 4:4  But He answered and said, It is written, "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God."

Mat 4:6  And he said to Him, If you are the Son of God, cast yourself down. For it is written, "He shall give His angels charge concerning You, and in their hands they shall bear You up, lest at any time You dash Your foot against a stone."

This next temptation of Christ, Satan says the angels would protect Him from any harm.  This sounds like what the church teach, that God will protected us from evil, but isn’t this life an experience of evil, and isn’t God actually the one that causes all things (Eph. 1:11).

Ecc 1:13 I applied my heart to inquiring and exploring by wisdom concerning all that is done under the heavens: it is an experience of evil Elohim has given to the sons of humanity to humble them by it. (CLV)

And the last temptation is where Satan wants Christ to worship Him.

Mat 4:9  And he said to him, "All these I will give you, if you will fall down and worship me."

Isn’t the church the synagogue of Satan, so who do they worship?

Rev 3:9  Behold, I will make those of the synagogue of Satan who say that they are Jews and are not, but lie…

The last thing that Christ said to Satan, and this is what He is doing for all who are His.

Mat 4:10  Then Jesus said to him, "Be gone, Satan! For it is written, "'You shall worship the Lord your God and Him only shall you serve.'"

I found this to be very interesting, with all the simularity.
I was just thinking that the wilderness and church, seem to be a close parallel.
I sure relate to what I was taught, while in the church. 
I would welcome anybodies input on this. 

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

brothertoall

Re: Jesus was lead into the wilderness to be tempted
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 05:23:27 PM »

Kat that is very interesting. Now that I think about it yes I was hungry but fed junk food so spiritually I was starving. No harm would come to me as long as I was doing the do's and don'ts of mens theology. Get out of line once and smack, squished like an ant.

Then there was the tithing thing. Give and you can have it all. Funny thing is I never got it all.

I worshipped indeed but it was my own selfish carnal me that was getting or trying to get the approvable of God and trying to do it all on my own.

This really got me thinking Kat.

bobby

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 05:51:37 PM »

Hello Kat

It is a seductive thought to perhaps stay in Mystery Babylon for what ever reason to feed the starving and the thirsty, but if we follow the LOF we keep to the teaching in Revelations 18 : 4 ....Come out...COME OUT...from her, my people, so that you may not share in her sins, neither participate in her plagues.

I want to stay out and get as far away as possible because the fall out of her plagues  Luke 21 36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

I would like to think that my wilderness is behind me Kat because I got booted out of Mystery Babylon and dragged out. My point is this, the faithful and the chosen are faithful even to the point of laying down their lives. That result may only comes once to those who are  martyred and so chosen and then their lives are over and  their death is paid for them by Christ who takes them up again into HIS LIFE and they live again in Christ in their resurrection. For us who still live....we have to ignite our hope that He comes again and that we be worthy to escape all and stand before the Son of man.

I do not think anyone of us can relax because Mystery Babylon is behind us not that you are suggesting that anyone of us should. On the contrary! Nevertheless, once out....no looking back...keeping our eyes on Christ and setting aside every weight that so readily and deftly entangles us....and the futher away from Mystery Babylon the better.

On a humerous note....you know how the Babylonians ask...How long have you been born again....well us folks could just as well ask....How long have you been out?( Not that I would commend such a vain and pride filled question)...or how long have you been working here...did you come on the seventh or eleventh hour!.... :D but my point is this.... Babylonians would really think us peculiar wouldn't they! ;D

Just some thoughts.....

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 06:00:51 PM by Arcturus »

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2007, 05:59:09 PM »

Kat,

Thanks for a deep thoughtful post once again.  I liked it.

Arcturus,

Yep.  That's funny.  How long have you been out?   ;D  I will remember to ask that to some witnessing fundamentalists next time they come to my door.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

longhorn

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2007, 08:15:30 PM »

Kat is like E.F Hutton, When Kat talks, people listen....and learn.

Longhorn

Kat

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2007, 10:58:40 PM »

Hi Bobby,

Yes that is what it was all about,
our own selfish carnal self, but we had to experience it, in order to know it for what it was  :(

Hi Arcturus,

Nevertheless, once out....no looking back...keeping our eyes on Christ and setting aside every weight that so readily and deftly entangles us....and the futher away from Mystery Babylon the better.

You said it sister. 

Gal 4:9  But now that you have come to know God, or rather to be known by God, how can you turn back again to the weak and worthless elementary principles of the world, whose slaves you want to be once more?

What can I say longhorn, sometimes you say the craziest things  ::)
But I think the world of you brother.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

Flipper

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2007, 12:08:48 AM »

I believe this 'tempting' experience also had a parallel in the Garden Of Eden - Jesus had to pass the tests that Adam failed - Lust of the Flesh, Lust of the eye, pride of life . . . He passed . . . Hallelujah!   

gmik

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2007, 12:17:39 AM »

Hey, Flipper, yes, I like that analogy.

And welcome to the forum!
 ;D

gena

Kat

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2007, 12:44:20 AM »

Hi Flipper,

It's good to see your first post  :)

I think you are right about that, this 'tempting' experience was in the garden and there is a parallel throughout all the scripture.

Rom 3:23  for all have sinned and come short of the glory of God,

But as you said, we have a Savior who has overcome all and now has all power and authority.

John 16:33  I have spoken these things to you so that you might have peace in Me.  In the world you shall have tribulation, but be of good cheer.  I have overcome the world.

Mat 28:18  And Jesus came and said to them, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2007, 01:09:59 AM »

Amen to that Flipper!

Great first post observation!    8)  Welcome to the Forum!

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

DWIGHT

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2007, 01:46:18 AM »

Welcome Flipper,

Very good observation and a great reason to rejoice that He overcame the world!!!

In Him,

Dwight

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2007, 03:36:42 AM »

Flipper,

Great post for it being your first.  Welcome to the forum and I look forward to getting to know you more through your posts.  Kick off your shoes and enjoy the company.  May God bless you and yours in this wonderful journey.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

brothertoall

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2007, 10:16:20 AM »

Flipper that was very good and I never thought about that. Thank you for that post and most of all welcome to the forum and I thank God He has lead you here to us all. it is always such a blessing when we see new people coming here and you my friend have blessed us all.

bobby(bob)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 20 queries.