bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Invisible God  (Read 4719 times)

chav

The Invisible God
« on: January 26, 2007, 01:43:48 PM »

At the end of the Ages will we be able to see the Father, or will he always remain invissible  to us being only visible through his son ? Who or what did John see( Rev 4:2) sat upon the throne ?

hillsbororiver

Re: The Invisible God
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 04:27:17 PM »

Hi Chav,

I am not claiming to have the definitive answer but if our Lord Jesus can see the Father than we will too, because;

1Jn 3:2  Beloved, now are we the sons of God and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

If we shall be like Christ (a true Son or Daughter) and Christ can bear the glory of the face of the Father than it seems we will be afforded the same privilege.

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

Kat

Re: The Invisible God
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 04:48:38 PM »

Hi Chav,

I found this email of Ray's that should help with your question  :)

http://bible-truths.com/email5.htm#father --------------------------------------------

[Ray Replies]

Dear Pattie:

I will be the first to admit that we "understand in part" as Paul has told us. We certainly do not understand all of the mechanics of God and how He is manifested toward man. But we can know as much as the Scriptures tell us.

First, God has predestined and called a group [Greek: ecclesia] commonly called church, out of the humanity of this world. This called out group is likened to virgins, a bride, brothers, Christ's body, and sons of God. Christ will marry this virgin bride body of believers who are the manifest sons of God for whom the whole creation is groaning.   It is this body of believers that will reign with Christ and bring salvation to the entirety of the universe.

Second: Christ is the Image of the Invisible God. Christ is EVERYTHING that the Father is, only in the visible flesh of humanity.  In that respect Christ IS our Father just as Isaiah prophesied.  Jesus said to know Him is to KNOW THE FATHER. So, clearly, we know all that the Father is, THROUGH CHRIST!  And that includes FATHERHOOD. Jesus Christ not only was a man, He is now and always will be A MAN.  Notice that AFTER Jesus was resurrected and returned to the glory and splendor that He had in the beginning with God, that He is STILL called a MAN,

"For there is one God, and one Mediator of God and mankind, A MAN, Christ Jesus..." (I Tim. 2:5).

Try this: There is ONE GOD. Jesus Christ came OUT FROM God and is called the "Son OF God." The Holy Spirit comes OUT FROM God and is called the "spirit OF God." But God has bestowed on Jesus ALL THAT HE IS AND ALL THAT HE HAS, hence Jesus also has this SAME SPIRIT and therefore there is the "spirit OF Christ" which is the SAME spirit OF God. They BOTH possess the SAME SPIRIT. And as they possess the SAME SPIRIT, they are ONE!

God promises believers the obtaining of this same spirit also. Hence WE TOO become ONE WITH CHRIST AND OUR FATHER!  Did I loose you yet?  Furthermore, all of God's creatures will one day possess this same spirit and then God will be "All in ALL" (I Cor. 15;28)!!!

Certainly there is much we do not know, however, all that I have presented here can be substantiated by the Scriptures.

Hope that helps your understanding a little better. May God grant you a spirit of wisdom and understanding in these deep spiritually discerned matters.

Sincerely,

Ray
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mercy, peace, and love
Kat 

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 20 queries.