bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What Generation?  (Read 5397 times)

PKnowler

What Generation?
« on: January 27, 2007, 12:02:51 PM »

Someone posed this question to me and I would like to hear what you all have to say. Has Ray written on this? I don't recall.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
MARK 8:11-12

WHAT GENERATION IS JESUS SPEAKING TO HERE?
The Pharisees came and began to question Jesus. To test him, they asked him for a sign from heaven. 12He sighed deeply and said, "Why does this generation ask for a miraculous sign? I tell you the truth, no sign will be given to it."

MARK 8:38

If anyone is ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when he comes in his Father's glory with the holy angels."

MARK 9:17-19
17A man in the crowd answered, "Teacher, I brought you my son, who is possessed by a spirit that has robbed him of speech. 18Whenever it seizes him, it throws him to the ground. He foams at the mouth, gnashes his teeth and becomes rigid. I asked your disciples to drive out the spirit, but they could not."

19"O unbelieving generation," Jesus replied, "how long shall I stay with you? How long shall I put up with you? Bring the boy to me

MARK 13:30
29So ye in like manner, when ye shall see these things come to pass, know that it is nigh, even at the doors.

30Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done.

Most will say that the first 3 scrips Jesus is speaking to his own generation in the first century,yet claim that mark 13:30 he is specking to a future generation.This is just not at all possible,he is speaking to his own generation in mark 13:30 also.
All 4 times the word generation that is used in these scrips are all the same greek word.
genea ghen-eh-ah' from (a presumed derivative of) a generation; by implication, an age (the period or the persons):--age, generation, nation, time.

Jesus makes a claim here in mark 13:30 that he would return in his own generation,just as he did in matt 24:33-34Even so, when you see all these things, you know that it is near, right at the door. 34I tell you the truth, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks, Paula

hillsbororiver

Re: What Generation?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2007, 02:34:09 PM »

Someone posed this question to me and I would like to hear what you all have to say. Has Ray written on this? I don't recall.

Anyone in any generation that has "ears to hear."

The "death" that some will not see is the second death, the Lake of Fire.

Rev2:11 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.

I hope this helps you Paula.

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

Patrick

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2007, 02:41:51 PM »

Here is an e-mail to Ray;

Ray-

I have been reading your Secret Rapture paper and I have a question regarding the "Day of the Lord"

Below is a quote from your paper:

"Let us be clear, that the "day of the Lord" is the time period of Christ’s return to this earth to punish Babylon the Great and to pour out His righteous indignation on her (and on those nations who follow and worship her) for her evil crimes of inhumanity and blasphemy. Here is the order of events (Mat. 24:29-30)."

I am confused by this because of two other scriptures -- Rev 1:1-5 (somewhere in there) were John states"...I was in the spirit ON THE LORD'S day" -- and in Matthew 24 where Jesus states after describing the great tribulation that "...this generation will not pass away until all these things happen.."

How can the "day of the lord" be what you described above if John was "in the spirit on the lord's day" and Jesus said all these things would happen in this generation.

My thinking, until now, was that the Lord's day happens now (not experienced) spiritually to the elect, not in the future literally.

Can you help me understand this.

Josh

Dear Josh:
    Jesus didn't say His coming, or the end of the eon, or the prophecies He described would come in "HIS generation," but in "THIS generation."  What generation is "this" generation? The generation that "sees ALL THESE THINGS" (Matt. 24:34). All these things include everything in the previous verses including verses 20, 30, 31, etc. His Apostles did NOT "see ALL those things" in their day. So it is yet future. John was "in the SPIRIT" on the "Lord's Day." He was not literally there, but rather in "spirit" he saw what WILL HAPPEN on the "Lord's Day" mentioned in hundreds of Scriptures.
    God be with you,
    Ray

hillsbororiver

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2007, 03:23:27 PM »

Hi Patrick,

The "Day of the Lord" is a specific day that will happen at some (future) point in time but many of the other things that are written to "this generation" are written to the "7 Churches" which represent all the churches through every generation until the culmination of all things. Ray writes of this in;

http://bible-truths.com/lake7.html

Here is a portion from Lake of Fire Part 7

ALL OVERCOMERS RECEIVE ALL REWARDS

The whole book of Revelation is a book about the LIFE OF JESUS written for:

"He that has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To HIM [any individual member of the churches] that OVERCOMES will I give to eat of the tree of life" (Rev. 2:7).

Is this the sole reward of "HIM that overcomes?" NO!

There’s more; there’s MUCH MORE:

"He that overcomes shall not be hurt of the second death" (Rev. 2:11).

"To him that overcomes will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knows saving he that receives it" (2:17).

"And he that overcomes, and keeps my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations" (2:26).

"He that overcomes, the same shall be clothed in white raimnent; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before His angels" (3:5).

"Him that overcomes will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of My God, and the name of the city of My God, which is new Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God: and I will write upon him My new name" (3:11).

"To him that overcomes will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in His throne" (3:21).

No, the overcomers in one congregation, in one generation, don’t get one reward, while the overcomers in a different congregation, in a different generation, gets a different reward. No, a thousand times, "NO"—the overcomers in ALL congregations, in ALL generations, get ALL these rewards. Therefore the prophecies to these churches are written for all the churches of God through all generations.

Perhaps ALL can rejoice over the good news concerning our grand rewards. However, there is a dark side to the Churches of God—darker than Darth Vader—darker than midnight! "What’s good for the goose is good for the gander" (I wonder how easily that translates into other languages).

Just as all the rewards are promised to all the overcomers in all generations of the Church, so likewise, do all the sins and shortcomings apply to all the churches throughout all generations. And the sins and shortcomings of God’s Church are monstrous!

"And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, COME OUT OF HER MY PEOPLE, that you be not partakers of her sins, and that you receive not of her plagues. For her sins have REACHED UNTO HEAVEN, and God has remembered her iniquities" (Rev. 8:5).

Yes, God is talking about His people, who are in His church, but … BUT, who must nonetheless, "REPENT" (Rev. 2:5 & 5, 16, 21, 22, 3:3, 19—seven times, COMPLETE REPENTANCE), and "COME OUT OF HER." Coming out of her is no small part of this "repentance."

Joe

Patrick

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2007, 03:35:52 PM »

Joe, I was just posting what Ray had to say regarding Mat. 24 and "this generation."

Sorry, if I was out of line.

hillsbororiver

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2007, 03:46:07 PM »

Patrick,

You were not out of line at all!

I believe we have addressed all of Paula's questions together Brother.

There are some prophecies and parables that point to a specific time and many that are for all in every generation "with ears to hear."

Joe

PKnowler

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2007, 05:24:27 PM »

Patrick,

You were not out of line at all!

I believe we have addressed all of Paula's questions together Brother.

There are some prophecies and parables that point to a specific time and many that are for all in every generation "with ears to hear."

Joe

Joe & Patrick,

You have answered my questions. I really appreciate it! Thank you! I will take
some time to go through Ray's writing Lake of Fire Part 7.

Blessings, Paula  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 23 queries.