bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Time and Space  (Read 5304 times)

rrammfcitktturjsp

Time and Space
« on: January 28, 2007, 12:04:46 AM »

To All,

This topic or new thread is being prompted for several reasons.

1st - It is my mathematics undergraduate thesis that I am writing for my degree.  Extracirricular activity I suppose.
  2nd - I wanted to see if I could back this up with biblical verses and things of that nature.
  3rd - I wanted to share it with you.

NOTE:  Mathematical formulas and such will be left ouf of this topic as I believe they are not necessary to understand when this topic is discussed.  The more that I post on this, I want to write a book about this sometime.

I will present a new thing ocassionaly after there has been time to get some feedback on it from you.  Here's the intro to it.

How big is big and how small is small?  How can one conceive of aleph null?  Is there something beyond infinity?  Are we in eternity or is it beyond us?

Time:

What is time?  Is time just a contraption invented so that we humans could relate everything to a frame of reference that is comfortable for us?  Why do we need time?

Time is merely a frame of reference that allows us to order our lives and things that happen in our lives.  Most systems are not designed to be bound my the rules of time.  To me, I do not think that time exists.  I think that we are out of time, but our universe and earth was made to be bounded by time, why is this?

I think if Adam and Eve had not eaten of the fruit and things that Ray has said that has taken place, we would not have a full understanding of God as we do.  It is only from a finite and limited point of view are we able to appreciate Him fully and see Him in a grander light than we would have if all we knew was eternity.  When does time itself step out of eternity and become for us day and night?

Most of the mathematical forumals are not based on time parameters?  Why do we need to limit ourselves to time?  Every civilization has had a form of a calendar or method of keeping time.  Is the moment that we depend on time the moment of the death of a civilization.  Death does not make sense unless it is looked at from a perspective based in time.  I am wondering if time and death go hand in hand.  I know that if death did not exist then time would not exist.

It only seems when death is introduced into the picture that time takes flight.  Yet, I know in eternity and heaven the ones that are there, are not concerned with the passing of time?  Sometimes I wish that these limits would not be here.  It is truly hard to be a nonconformist.

Yet, in the frame of time that we are in that is called day and night, seasons, and the Gregorian calendar, are we not in eternity?  Are they not one and the same?  For eternity is like a geomoetric plane.  The definition of a plane in mathematics is a set of lines that form a geometric shape that extends into infinity and beyond.  Is the plane not time?  Is eternity not being out of the plane and being able to see it all and all the points that are on the plane?  What can contain infinity?  Aleph Null.  Aleph Null is the set that contains infinity.  Infinity is the set that contains all the numbers real and imaginary.  How this can be, I can understand from a mathematical basis, but it still blows my mind.

I will stop here.  There's so much here.  Any Scripture and thoughts would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

[NOTE:  Begin at Wall exercise]

Bradigans

Re: Time and Space
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2007, 03:24:44 AM »

That stuff is a little too deep for me. I would have to agree with King Solomon at this point. Ecclesiastes 12:12 - And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh.   

Robin

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2007, 05:15:51 AM »

God gave me a tiny, little, itsy bitsy piece of this one night when I was falling asleep and my brain almost exploded. I had to get up out of bed and pace for awhile and pray for his mercy so the truth didn't kill me. It still overwhelms me to think about it.

Romans 11:35-36

35Or who hath first given to him, and it shall be recompensed unto him again?
36For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen.

God "is" and all is of him, and through him, and to him. It's beyond my ability to comprehend.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2007, 06:22:15 AM »

There are two other components that may be applied to the time space model. Matter and Energy.

If you take a time line between the appearance of a wave to the termination of its form and superimpose the concept of birth and death…..then you have a fuller picture. God the ocean causative of the currents and temperatures of our experiences and we the waves moving forward through ….time.

This being the LITERAL observation not the ABSOLUTE truth of the matter. To cross over from one to the other you go into quantum physics and Einstein’s theories of relativity…...notice….RELATIVITY.

EVERYTING is RELATIVE. TIME MATTER ENERGY  and SPACE are RELATIVE now look at this….. Paul said in Romans 8 : 38,39 that he was persuaded beyond doubt that there was nothing metaphysical as in  either death nor life, nor angels nor principalities, nor things impending and threatening nor things to come, nor powers, (and things physical) nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation will be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Of course I expect you will be acquainted with the following scripture:

Psalms 31 : 15 My times are in Your hands; …..

The greatest equasion in the Universe is the Spirit Life and Truth of Christ. He alone is the great equaliser :D

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

gmik

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2007, 10:53:54 PM »

These are interesting things but they sure do fuzzy my brain.  I always thought time was like a wagon wheel on its side, with events happening on every spoke, God being in the Middle, could always see what was happening at the same time. That doesn't make too much sense to me now.

I can't understand the VASTNESS of the Universe.  Why is there a need for such space, and why was much of it hidden till these times?

I am still mulling over those "space balls".  I mean the size of Anteres is staggering.  Why? To what purpose?  You can see why people think there are more people/aliens living around besides us.

I don't expect answers but I do wonder....

gena ???

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2007, 12:42:05 AM »

Arcturus,

Wow.  I completely forgot about space and matter.  That would be interesting too to work in my paper.  I just wanted to deal with time.  I love quantum mechanics. 

Gena,

You know how you mentioned a equaliser being Christ.  I wonder if that will not show up, becuase the scientists are looking for something to balence out relativity and quantum mechanics.  The thoery of relativity has to do with atstronomicaly huge objects and quantum mechanics have to do with atsronomically small objects.  It will be interesting to keep up with what they found.

I like how your analogy was with a wheel and God being in the middle.  It is similiar to my wall example of time. [More on this later.].  You are right this stuff can blow the mind and it is deep.  Yet in all of this, I have to make sure I do not neglect the truth.  I finally am at a point in my life that I can maintain a healthy balence of intellectual pursuit not at the expense of truth.

To All,

Thanks for reading this.  I shall post the next installment some time next week.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

hebrewroots98

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2007, 10:32:31 PM »

Anne, I don't know about ALEPH NULL; but I do know that when the sages/scribes were writing the Old Testament (the Torah),.....

... the SMALLEST LETTER IN THE HEBREW ALPHABET  (PRONOUNCED 'ALEPHBET'  IN HEBREW) IS THE "ALEPH TOV".  ALEPH TOV BY THE WAY IS.... YESHUA/JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o :  (And yet they claim that Yeshua/Jesus is not 'FOUND' in the Old Testament ?? ???)

..."ALL THAT I KNOW IS CHIRST JESUS AND HIM CRUCIFIED"...... (...AND BUZZ LIGHT YEAR..."FROM INFINITY AND BEYOND"...so says my little boy ;) ;D.

Aonian (eternal) life (as Ray puts it) is only for a certain amount of time.

...I ran out of TIME...I must go now) ;) ;D

longhorn

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2007, 11:12:56 AM »

That gave my brain a butt ache.  It must be fun to be smart.

Longhorn

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2007, 11:20:54 AM »

Longhorn,

I can't get my mind to shut off sometimes.  Most of the time I will doze off and have another though on this paper or something else, and it will keep me up for a few hours and then the cycle will repeat itself.  How I hate sleep in this life becuase it takes so many hours away.  I am sure looking forward to when we do not sleep in eternity. 

Hope you ache gets better.  :D

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

hebrewroots98

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2007, 01:33:34 PM »

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Longhorn, THAT WAS THE FUNNIEST THING THAT I HAVE HEARD IN A LONG TIME; (I SIT HERE LAUGHING UNCONTROLLABLY OUTLOUD AND MY LITTLE BOY COMES RUNNING INTO THE ROOM ANS ASKS ME WHAT I AM LAUGHING ABOUT.... I AM SPEECHLESS AND CRYING IN LAUGHTER; THANKS, I NEEDED THAT

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2007, 03:09:21 PM »

Don’t you be feigning ignorance now Longhorn. Your writing is exquisite, colourful, tender and even romantic covered by…. it rained. And other such dire contrasts that you might think disguise, cover up or shock into forgetfulness a tender spot in your heart not missed by those of us you may think are smart…..  Oops….are you blushing?…. ;D

the tender heart....it suits you! 8)

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2007, 04:34:49 PM »

Longhorn,

I shall be the third witness to Susan and Arcturus.  Modest are we????? ;D ;D ;D ;D

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

hebrewroots98

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2007, 05:34:32 PM »

You said it all Arcturus!  You hit the nail on the head about Longhorn. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 20 queries.