bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cleopatra's Needle  (Read 6813 times)

hillsbororiver

Cleopatra's Needle
« on: January 28, 2007, 10:02:13 AM »

As with all the rest of Ray's papers I have to read and reread and read again, I have been doing this with the "Towers" paper as I search scripture along with it. During the course of this latest study I came across something very interesting but I am not speculating on it's significance other than this appears to be more than mere coincidence.

Three of the most economically important cities in the "christian" western world are London, New York & Paris right? Look at this verse from Jeremiah and then read the following bit from Wikipedia.

Jeremiah 43:13 (Amplified Bible)

13[Nebuchadrezzar] shall break also the images and obelisks of Heliopolis [called On or Beth-shemesh--house of the sun] in the land of Egypt, and the temples of the gods of Egypt shall he burn with fire.

Cleopatra's Needle
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

London's Needle being erected, August 1878 Cleopatra's Needles are a trio of obelisks in London, Paris, and New York City. Each is made of red granite, stands about 21 metres (68 feet) high, weighs about 180 tons and is inscribed with Egyptian hieroglyphs. Although the needles are genuine Ancient Egyptian obelisks, they are somewhat misnamed as none has any connection with queen Cleopatra VII of Egypt. They were originally erected in the Egyptian city of Heliopolis on the orders of Thutmose III, around 1450 BC. The material of which they were cut is granite, brought from Aswan, near the first cataract of the Nile. The inscriptions were added about 200 years later by Ramses II to commemorate his military victories. The obelisks were moved to Alexandria and set up in the Caesarium — a temple built by Cleopatra in honor of Mark Antony — by the Romans in 12 BC, during the reign of Augustus Caesar, but were toppled some time later. This had the fortuitous effect of burying their faces and so preserving most of the hieroglyphs from the effects of weathering.

For more details on these obelisks go here;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleopatra's_Needle

There are many references to columns, pillars and obelisks (depending on which version you are consulting) in scripture and alot of interesting yet ominous messages or warnings are to be found while researching them.

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

« Last Edit: January 28, 2007, 01:02:35 PM by hillsbororiver »

Deborah-Leigh

Re: Cleopatra's Needle
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2007, 12:58:29 PM »

That is quite interesting.  The thought that comes to my mind is ....The wealth of the Nations raised up against the true knowledge of God…….

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

joyful1

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2007, 05:31:16 PM »

Joe--
If you don't mind me asking...who/what does Nebuchadrezzar represent to you?
Joyce

Kat

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2007, 06:37:28 PM »

Hi Joe,

I thinking of these obelisks that are placed in significant cities, and it seems to relate to something else of much more prominence... steeples?

stee•ple  n : a tall tapering structure built on top of a church tower; also : a church tower 

Exo 34:13  You shall tear down their altars and break their pillars4676 and cut down their Asherim

H4676
מצּבה
matstsebah (663a); from H5324; a pillar, stump: - obelisks

Lev 26:1  "You shall not make idols for yourselves or erect an image or pillar, and you shall not set up a figured stone in your land to bow down to it, for I am the LORD your God.

It seems all through the old Test. there are pillars, columns, groves ( sacred trees or poles set up near an altar), or tall erect structures that people build around their places of pagan worship.  The origin of these structures are from Egypt pagans and the Israelites were repeatedly told by God to tear them down.

Hos 10:2  Their heart is false; now they must bear their guilt. The LORD will break down their altars and destroy their pillars.

Just thinking these things seem to relate to your post  :-\

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 01:28:41 AM by Kat »

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2007, 01:24:42 AM »

To take up on your observation Kat

We have idols of the heart, steeples of adoration, spiritual adultary with anything and everyting that we place higher than Christ our Lord.  We are temples of God. Have we got steeples over our buildings in our hearts? I am going to check myself! :o

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

hillsbororiver

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2007, 08:32:46 AM »

Hi Joe,

I thinking of these obelisks that are placed in significant cities, and it seems to relate to something else of much more prominence... steeples?

What I found so compelling was the fact that the actual obelisks in Heliopolis spoken of of in Jeremiah are in those particular cities arguably the 3 most important (economically) cities in the western world.

stee•ple  n : a tall tapering structure built on top of a church tower; also : a church tower 

Exo 34:13  You shall tear down their altars and break their pillars4676 and cut down their Asherim

H4676
מצּבה
matstsebah (663a); from H5324; a pillar, stump: - obelisks

Lev 26:1  "You shall not make idols for yourselves or erect an image or pillar, and you shall not set up a figured stone in your land to bow down to it, for I am the LORD your God.

It seems all through the old Test. there are pillars, columns, groves ( sacred trees or poles set up near an altar), or tall erect structures that people build around their places of pagan worship.  The origin of these structures are from Egypt pagans and the Israelites were repeatedly told by God to tear them down.

Great observation Kat, we know these pillars/columns/obelisks are not symbolic of a humble spirit  ;) that they represent pride and self satisfaction at it's basest level.

Hos 10:2  Their heart is false; now they must bear their guilt. The LORD will break down their altars and destroy their pillars.

Just thinking these things seem to relate to your post  :-\

Fit in perfectly, thank you.

mercy, peace, and love

Kat

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 17 queries.