bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How?  (Read 6208 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
How?
« on: January 28, 2007, 12:50:25 PM »

Dear Ray,

Thank you so much for your site.  I have been questioning for so long, and it is a relief to read your articles!  Finding the truth is a good thing.  The question I have is this: how can I truely turn to God?  How can I "come out" and return to my first love?  You see I am in such a low place right now, how can I know, believe, receive?  I grew up in pentacostal churches and was pretty much brain washed, I feel quilty all the time.  Help.

Thank you,
        Jennifer

Dear Jennifer:
        We ALL have been in your situation where we didn't know where or how to turn to straighten out our lives. Truth is, you are right where God wants you. And I will not deliver you from your troubles. If I could or if I were to do that, you would then LOOK TO ME as some great one who has the answers to life and how to apply them to be spiritually strong and happy. No, Jennifer, you must go to God. God is your Saviour. I can encourage you, I can pray to God that you stay faithful to what you are learning, but your must "Work out YOUR OWN salvation with fear and trembling.....for [BECAUSE] it is GOD [and ONLY GOD] which works in you both to will and to do of His good pleasure" (Phil. 2:12-13).

If you are reading and studying and praying and obeying the things you are learning on our site, then you are on the right road and God will ultimately give you the victory  over your sins and weaknesses just as He is doing with the rest of His called and chosen elect. God IS ALREADY showing you how to repent of leaving your "First Love." That is WHY you are feeling as you are. It is because God is calling all this to your spiritual attention. You would never change or overcome if God didn't first put you in the position you are now in. What may appear as a dead-end street to you now, Jennifer, is only the temporary detour to the highway of spiritual recovery and growth.  Don't become discouraged in well-doing. God is able to bring you through all this.
        God be with you,
        Ray

« Last Edit: January 28, 2007, 01:06:52 PM by hillsbororiver »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.