bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: I'M LIVING WITH A WOMAN  (Read 19604 times)

iris

Re: I'M LIVING WITH A WOMAN
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2007, 01:27:47 PM »

This is what God's word says...

1 Timothy 2:1,2,3,4
1 I exhort therfore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
2 For Kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all goddliness and honesty.
For this is good and acceptable in the sight of  God our savior;
4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

Hebrews 13:4 Marriage is honorable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.

Hebrews 13:7 Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversations.

Hebrews 13:17 Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves.

Bobby, God loves everyone, even those who live in KENTUCKY!!!   :-*  :-*  :-*

Iris

Seek and Find

« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2007, 01:31:22 PM »

Ask yourself this is there any society from the past to the present that does not have a marriage ceremony. Angels are created spirit beings, what can men do that angels can’t (procreate) we (man) will be born spirits (born again) we will be born into God’s family so God says  “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness. (who gives life to the dead and calls those things which do not exist as though they did. Our Father gave us (man) a special blessing to be able to have children so that God could create a family through man born not just created as angels. To have a wife you have to be married.

Genesis 2
24 Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.
25 And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.

12 Proverbs 14
 There is a way that seems right to a man,
      But its end is the way of death.

Proverbs 16
25 There is a way that seems right to a man,
      But its end is the way of death.

Proverbs 21
2 Every way of a man is right in his own eyes,
      But the LORD weighs the hearts.
       3 To do righteousness and justice
      Is more acceptable to the LORD than sacrifice.

Isaiah 53
6 All we like sheep have gone astray;
      We have turned, every one, to his own way;
      And the LORD has laid on Him the iniquity of us all.

Peace in Christ
Steve

Kat

« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2007, 01:40:44 PM »

These are the reason that marriage may be a good things as far as the law of the land goes.

A list of rights associated with marriage. Those marked with an asterick (*) involve a right that the state cannot give to a domestic partners, usually because it involves some federal law. Those marked with a plus (+) are rights usually only reserved for marriage. (astericks and pluses added by me based upon my current understanding, and some may be debatable)

FINANCIAL
Insurance benefits
Continuation of lease rights
Community property rights (+)
Inheritance rights
Tuition discounts
Payments of wages for deceased partners (*/+)
Payments of workers compensation benefits for deceased partners (*/+)
Right to enter into pre-marital agreement (*)
Veterans preference to spouse in public employment (*)
LEGAL
Child custody
Adoption rights
Witness and court testimony rights (*)
Consent to post-mortem examination (+)
Funeral leave
Right to make burial/cremation arrangements (+)
Right of survivorship to custodial trust
Right of "next of kin" decision-making in medical emergencies (+)
Right to divorce (*)
Custodial rights for seriously injured partner (+)
TAX and OTHER
Income tax deduction, credits and exemptions (*)
Tax relief for natural disaster losses (*)
Travel and transportation expense of gov't employees (*)
Commercial discounts and other consumer incentives offered only to married couples
(As posted to soc.motss on May 6, 1994)

These scriptures are what is taught in God's Word.

Heb 13:4  Marriage is honorable in all, and the bed undefiled, but fornicators and adulterers God will judge.

1Co 7:2  But because of the temptation to sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife and each woman her own husband.

It is used to compare what Christ will have with the elect, that would show a very positive asspect of marriage.

Eph 5:23  For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, His body, and is Himself its Savior.

Jesus spoke about divorce on a no. of occasions, and condemed it, except for adultery, but He says a man should leave his parents and cleave to his wife.  It seems Jesus is for marriage.
So I think you should do what is necessary to be considers husband and wife, to be in accordance with the will of God.

Mat 19:4  He answered, "Have you not read that he who created them from the beginning made them male and female,
Mat 19:5  and said, 'Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh'?
Mat 19:6  So they are no longer two but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let not man separate."
Mat 19:7  They said to him, "Why then did Moses command one to give a certificate of divorce and to send her away?"
Mat 19:8  He said to them, "Because of your hardness of heart Moses allowed you to divorce your wives, but from the beginning it was not so.
Mat 19:9  And I say to you: whoever divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another, commits adultery."

Just my way of looking at this.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2007, 01:44:56 PM »

Bradigan... To heck with the phony piece of paper signed by man, and save the money you would spend on a wedding (just to please a bunch of relatives you plobably dont like anyway) and take her on a 7 day cruise.

Longhorn

But make sure the Captain marries you :D :D

Craig
"Us Fife's are wiry"

hillsbororiver

« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2007, 01:46:35 PM »

Craig alluded to John Chapter 4 in his post on this thread in that Jesus differentiated, made a distinction between "living with a man" and a husband;

Joh 4:16  Jesus saith unto her, Go, call thy husband, and come hither.

Joh 4:17  The woman answered and said, I have no husband. Jesus said unto her, Thou hast well said, I have no husband:

Joh 4:18 For thou hast had five husbands; and he whom thou now hast is not thy husband: in that saidst thou truly.

These are the Words of the Lord, not my own.  

Hebrews 13:4 Let marriage be held in honor (esteemed worthy, precious, of great price, and especially dear) in all things. And thus let the marriage bed be undefiled (kept undishonored); for God will judge and punish the unchaste [all guilty of sexual vice] and adulterous.

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

brothertoall

« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2007, 01:54:10 PM »

Bradford,

Seek and pray to God and HE WILL DEFINATELY SHOW YOU AND GUIDE YOU IN WHAT TO DO IN THIS MATTER!

I will pray that for you also.

bobby

PKnowler

« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2007, 02:21:09 PM »

Bradford I will give you my opinion on this marriage thing. First of all in the eyes of God a paper or ring on someones finger does not make a marriage. I have been married to the same women for almost 28 years and we lived together for over 5 years.

Now what man sees as marriage and what it really means are 2 different things. marriage is not the paper or the ring but consists of love ,commitment, sharing, being There for each other through the good as well as the bad.

This is true Bobby, it takes a lot more to make a marriage than a piece of paper or ring. But without the legal proceedings there is no marriage! God requires us to follow the laws of the land not just make up our own reality. God requires the covenant of marriage for 2 to become one- Otherwise it is fornication! It doesn't matter if it is a committed relationship. A committed relationship doesn't make a marriage nor negate the sin of fornication.

Heb 13:4
    Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral.

So the ceremony of getting married would vary according to the laws of the land.

Should you feel guilty because you do not have that piece of paper or ring to say that you are united as one. Me personally, I don't think so.

I think there is some conviction or he wouldn't be asking.

I am sick and tired of people trying to give there definition of marriage. Loving one another,sharing your life with one another and being committed to one another is a union my friend.

Dear Bobby, I did not go knocking on Bradford's door to give him my opinion. So while you are sick and tired of opinions outside your own, I don't recall that the question was directed to you alone! Is my opinion of God's word of no value?

Someone brought up fornication. I do not see where that pertains to this situation. If you are both faithful to one another and you are both one that is not fornication.... And by the way I am quite sure that piece of paper or a ring on your finger is not going to change the way you feel about each other. If you both are committed to one another then in the eyes of God you are already married.

That someone was me! Go ahead and say it, Paula brought up fornication. Bobby, you are creating your own reality. This is not what God's word says! Isn't everyone that has sex one? At what point does it cross over from being the sin of fornication to it being marriage in God's eyes?

A piece of paper and a ring does not make a marriage. LOVE for one another is what it is all about.

Yep, you're a hippie! (I say that in the kindest way  ;))

Here is what Ray has to say:

> Everyone talks about how pre-marital sex is wrong--a sin.
>
> I've been with my fiance for over 7-years. I knew I wanted to marry
> him, but we had to wait until I was out of school (I'm only 21 now). We
> waited until we knew that we really did want to marry each other.
>
> We've been having sex for a few years now. It goes off and on because I
> used to feel so guilty about it.
>
> I don't know what to think about it. What does the Bible say--or what
> does God think--of premarital sex.

Dear Reader:

Pre-marital sex is just as much a sin as extra-marital sex. If you want to

sleep together, get married.  If you don't love each enough to marry,

don't sleep together..

God be with you,

Ray

Follow what God would have you to do not what man thinks you should do.

On that we can agree!

~Paula  :)

PKnowler

« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2007, 02:41:06 PM »

Bradigan... To heck with the phony piece of paper signed by man, and save the money you would spend on a wedding (just to please a bunch of relatives you plobably dont like anyway) and take her on a 7 day cruise.

Longhorn

But make sure the Captain marries you :D :D

Craig
"Us Fife's are wiry"

Now there's an idea!

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2007, 02:59:54 PM »

I haven't read any of these many posts on this subject, but just in case I want to mention that if you have a job and are paying SS you wife cannot collect unless you are legally married. And you must be married at least 7 years for her or her children to collect on your SS. At least one good reason to make it legal in the States eyes.

Dennis

Sorin

« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2007, 03:13:43 PM »

Craig you did not mention that she previously had other men befor the one she was living with. Was she committed to one man? NO!!! if she had married this ONE man would that make her committed. I take from that to mean no. Marriage does not mean that there is total commitment. Some married people have affairs do they not?

Ray has an opinion but I do not see where Ray is the authority on this subject. God is the one in control and I do not see where the srcripture speaks of ritual to make one married. it is the love ,committment and the body as being one that makes one married.

bobby

Exactly, Bobby! If you believe a physical ritual is required to make one married than you might as well believe in physical baptisms and circumcision, etc....
The funny part is, Ray will quickly admit that a physical baptism only makes you wet, it does not baptize you, that christian baptism is a physical ritual which accomplishes nothing, but when it comes to marriage, yes, absolutely, it must be a physical ritual of the flesh otherwise it doesn't count, it's null and void.

Houston, we have a problem.

Sorin

Do we reject Diplomas from High School or Universities using this logic?

How about Drivers Licenses?

Tax returns?

Do we fill out the forms to get a passport?

Do we fill out forms to adopt? 

How do we get a checking account, a savings account?

So then legally committing ourselves to our wife or husband is less of a matter than the "rituals" and "pieces of paper" required to do all (and more) of the things listed above?

Is a family more likely to remain intact during the tough times inside or outside marriage, yes, examples can be given on both sides of the question but which is more likely?

In our heart of hearts we know the answer.

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

Joe,

That does not work, because God does not care if you drive a car before getting your licence. He will not count it as sin against you. But God does care if you go to a prostitute and you sleep with her. So my point is what God considers sin and what He does not. Adam and Eve are proof that you don't need a physical ritual to be married to someone you love, unless of course you want to suggest that they fornicated 'cause they had no magistrate or pastor marry 'em and give 'em a licence. When you sleep with someone you become one flesh, thus when you just have meaningless sex and the next day you sleep with someone else you fornicated because you're commiting adultery. If you remain with that one person for the rest of your life, then she is your wife, until you leave her for someone else then you commit adultery and when the two part ways that's called a divorce. That's how I see it.  God knows the intention of the heart, God is the one who gives you your mate. And He knows when you are just having meaningless sex with someone and when you're making love and the two are commited to each other for the rest of their natural lives.

The reason I would get legally married is for the physical benefits of marriage, tax cuts, if one dies, life insurance covers the wife and kids etc... but not because it's a sin not to have a physical wedding ritual. That's preposterous.

Take care,
Sorin
« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 03:21:07 PM by Sorin »

Prosizz

« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2007, 03:24:06 PM »

It just blows my mind that some people are encouraging bradigans to keep the status quo.  I hope those who come here to read the forum don't think that "Ray's followers" condone sinful living. Thankfully, the moderators are speaking with one voice on this issue.

Bradigans, obey the law of the land and the law of God and wed your common-law spouse.

Sorin

« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2007, 03:31:20 PM »

It just blows my mind that some people are encouraging bradigans to keep the status quo.  I hope those who come here to read the forum don't think that "Ray's followers" condone sinful living. Thankfully, the moderators are speaking with one voice on this issue.

Bradigans, obey the law of the land and the law of God and wed your common-law spouse.

I can't believe you would call that sinful living.  :o
Maybe Babylon is right; we do need to have a physical circumsicion and a physical water baptism and a physical wedding ritual etc... etc.. etc...   everything's physical, it's all physical. Perhaps even God's law is physical and it matters not whether you truly love your wife or not, as long as you got that physical marraige licence, you're good to go.  And there is no 'law of the land' that says it's illegal for two people to live together without having a marriage licence. Maybe in the dark ages, and OT but not now, not in the U.S. nor Europe or any other civilized society. Perhaps in the middle east, but they're still physically stoning people. So I wouldn't want to follow that 'law of the land'
« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 03:43:20 PM by Sorin »

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2007, 03:45:22 PM »

There are many dynamics to this thread. The most important one is what does God say, not what we think or believe.

Jesus performed His first miracle at a wedding ceremony. We are not idiots in this forum to have to try to draw away from the moral ethical and spiritual conditions that God would have us adhere to.

Marriage entails commitment. Commitment entails accountability. Both these words, commitment and accountability are adult words for adult maturity of mind and spirit of which there is no guarantee and age does not account for either. Good character and a knowledge of God helps both understanding of the important vulnerabilities and issues both in male and female counterparts to the marriage union.

The world that does not recognize God or His Spirit, teaches independence not submission. The world teaches equal rights not Godly order. 

We serve either God or mamon, one or the other. It is that simple. No judgment, no bias, no condemnation. God will take care of that part. We either follow or we haven't a clue. We either enjoy the wisdom of Godly Council or we rebell and do not enjoy the wisdom of Godly Council. Only God can change ungodliness to Godliness and only He can lead our weak hearts into wisdom of His ways and thoughts. Until then....we will be agreable to what the world teaches and we will find comfort in mass ignorance.

After all, it is a really tough deal to have to lead and provide as is Gods expectation of the head of the home, and it is tougher still to have to submit especially if the head wants to be the tail or the equal.  ::)

As for me I thank Jesus that He has lead me past all the smoke screens and mirrors into a clear view of what Godly order is and I am blessed in my marriage that has Christ as the Head and my spouse as my Lord with me trying to be submissive which is a swear word in the world!

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 03:49:53 PM by Arcturus »

YellowStone

« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2007, 04:44:26 PM »

Boy, this thread has been entertaining to say the least :)

I pretty much knew how I was going to respond to this when I happened on to some words of Arcturus :)

Who wrote:

There are many dynamics to this thread. The most important one is what does God say, not what we think or believe.

Isn't this the truth!!!!  But let us first look at what God has told Bradigan in the days past and what is he telling him now?

Does anyone here feel that by living with the woman Bradigan loves out of wedlock is wrong? Then by whoses standards? For was/is not Branigan and his loved one living according to God's own will for them. How can we say: "That's wrong" when God put it in their hearts to live this way. I am not trying to justify their living together, because there is nothing to justify.

However, Bradigan clearly asked for advice and like him, I thought he had come to the right place.

There can be no division of God's word. Either Spiritually or Physically. Why do you think Bradigan asked for advice? Simple, because God is drawing him closer. The bible does not equate love with marriage, possibly that was the furtherst thing from the mind of Paul and others when the penned these words. Because most marriages were prearranged, hence the term "given" in marriage. So what is marriage according to the Bible? It is the union of a man and a woman so that they become as one. They complement one another.

Of course they should marry, of course they should committ their lives to one another and seal this committment through marriage just as God is leading them to do.

This is not a numbers game, it is not about fornification, divorce, cheating or percentages. It is about doing what is right according to God and his Word. This is what Bradigan asked for my dear brothers and sisters (I think most od you agree)

Bradigan, take it from me......there is nothing as special waking each morning along side your wife. Marriage is wonderful.

Love to you and I hope you listen to your heart and hear God talking to you.

Darren

PKnowler

« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2007, 05:07:20 PM »

I am really grieved and appalled that so many on this board are giving Bradigans ungodly advice! Don't you all read the Bible?

That does not work, because God does not care if you drive a car before getting your licence. He will not count it as sin against you.

If you are breaking the law of the land to drive a car without a license then God does care! And it is a sin to drive without a license! For we are to obey the laws of the land as unto the Lord!

So my point is what God considers sin and what He does not. Adam and Eve are proof that you don't need a physical ritual to be married to someone you love, unless of course you want to suggest that they fornicated 'cause they had no magistrate or pastor marry 'em and give 'em a licence.

God Almighty declared them Man and wife! We know they were married because Eve is referred to as Adam's wife. Genesis 2:25 And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.

When you sleep with someone you become one flesh, thus when you just have meaningless sex and the next day you sleep with someone else you fornicated because you're commiting adultery.

Hmmmm....So if you wait until you are in love and then have sex you are married? And if you stay together for 10 years and then choose to walk away you commit adultery if you go and be with someone else? What if you are only together 5 years or two years or two weeks? Is it fornication, marriage, adultery or what? I'm confused!  ???

If you remain with that one person for the rest of your life, then she is your wife, until you leave her for someone else then you commit adultery and when the two part ways that's called a divorce. That's how I see it. 

So if you have intercourse with someone for the first time, then choose to part ways, you spend the rest of your life committing adultery? And you are then divorced? hmmm

God knows the intention of the heart, God is the one who gives you your mate. And He knows when you are just having meaningless sex with someone and when you're making love and the two are commited to each other for the rest of their natural lives.

Yes God knows your heart but do you?

Jer 17:9
    The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

The reason I would get legally married is for the physical benefits of marriage, tax cuts, if one dies, life insurance covers the wife and kids etc... but not because it's a sin not to have a physical wedding ritual. That's preposterous.

Take care,
Sorin

It is preposterous to make these things up as you go along when we have God's word to guide us!

~Paula  :o

josh

« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2007, 05:13:20 PM »

Friends,

I thought perhaps these scriptures might add to the discussion concerning the physical practice of legal marriage:

1 Peter 1:14-16
As obedient children, do not be conformed to the former lusts which were yours in your ignorance,
but like the Holy One who called you, be holy yourselves also in all your behavior;
because it is written, "YOU SHALL BE HOLY, FOR I AM HOLY."

1 Peter 2:12
Keep your behavior excellent among the Gentiles, so that in the thing in which they slander you as evildoers, they may because of your good deeds, as they observe them, glorify God in the day of visitation.

James 3:13
Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom

1 Peter 2:13-17
Submit yourselves for the Lord's sake to every human institution, whether to a king as the one in authority,
or to governors as sent by him for the punishment of evildoers and the praise of those who do right.
For such is the will of God that by doing right you may silence the ignorance of foolish men.
Act as free men, and do not use your freedom as a covering for evil, but use it as bondslaves of God.
Honor all people, love the brotherhood, fear God, honor the king.

Grace and Peace.
Josh

DWIGHT

« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2007, 05:33:47 PM »

Hi brothers and sisters,

This seems to be a very touchy subject for some.  I have a question.  Can any here on this forum provide scripture or scriptures (we need a witness) showing that God is okay with a man and a woman living together without being husband and wife?  There have been many scriptures given in support of marriage, but I have yet to see any supporting just living together.  Forget about what you or I think or feel, what does the scriptures say.  Are we here for the truth or not?  Regardless of how good are analogies are and how we can justify in our own minds....is it supported by scripture?

I found this article and would like to share a part of it.

Though there are some cultures in the Ancient Near East which were matriarchal in structure, Israel's was not one of them. Israel's family life was dominated by the husband (Pedersen, p. 61). When a marriage occurred the husband took his wife from her home and "ruled" over her, following the pattern of Genesis 3:16: To the woman he said, "I will greatly increase your pangs in childbearing; in pain you shall bring forth children, yet your desire shall be for your husband, and he shall rule over you." (Preuss, p. 103). Yet the Israelites "never went so far as the Muhammadan poet who says that mothers of mankind are only 'vessels' which receive the children without leaving any impress on them" (Pedersen, p. 61).

Because the husband was the dominant member of the family, he was given the title of lib (Ba'al) which meant "lord", "master of the house", "leader of the family circle" and not "master" (which would have been ]da "Adon") Compare 2 Kings 5:13, Judges 18:19, and 2 Kings 2:12.

The fact that some men remained single was an anomaly in ancient Israel, as we learn from Jeremiah 16. After all, it "is not good for the man to be alone", and a good wife is a gift from Yahweh (Pro. 18:22; Preuss, p. 104). We have, so far as I know, no reports of women who are commanded to remain single in Ancient Israel. Marriage was the norm.

The wife was to be taken from within the larger family circle (usually at the outset of puberty or around the age of 13) in order to maintain the purity of the family line; but she could not be too closely related as is shown by Leviticus 18.

You shall not do as they do in the land of Egypt, where you lived, and you shall not do as they do in the land of Canaan, to which I am bringing you. You shall not follow their statutes. My ordinances you shall observe and my statutes you shall keep, following them: I am the Lord your God. You shall keep my statutes and my ordinances; by doing so one shall live: I am the Lord.

The marriage was official when the betrothal took place. "There was no religious rite that was performed with the concluding of the marriage, although there was a feast at the conclusion of the festivities (Gen 29:27, Judg 14:10)"(Preuss, p. 104). A betrothed woman was, in the eyes of the people, legally married. When the marriage itself was consumated the husband received the wife and the family of the wife received a "dowry" (Pedersen, p. 68). This payment was made because, as the wife's family had given their flesh and blood the husband's family was bound to gives order to maintain balance between the families. The payment of the rhm (mohar, or "dowry") was simply compensation for the loss of the daughter's labor and should not be considered as a wedding gift (Preuss, p. 104).

Now I realize that we are not under the law, but we still have an obligation to the law within our spirit and this law of the Spirit is a much more demanding law than the law of Moses.  As the Lord's people we need to be beyond reproach and the only way we can do that is in spirit.  I doubt that our spirit with the Holy Spirit would do anything against the law of God or give the appearance that we are doing something contrary to God's laws.

In Him,

Dwight

Bradigans

« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2007, 06:07:15 PM »

Thank you all for you inputs, especially Bobby, Longhorn, and Sorin. It sounds like you all really understand exactly where I'm coming from. Again, though, I appreciate everyone's input. I could also see where Pknowler was coming from as far as me being a stumbling block to someone weak. Kat, I'm not certain about the perks you shared for getting a marriage license. Satan will always try to tempt us to conform (be politically correct) without being transformed. Thanks to everyone... 

Craig

• There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2007, 07:12:09 PM »

This seems to be a very touchy subject for some.  I have a question.  Can any here on this forum provide scripture or scriptures (we need a witness) showing that God is okay with a man and a woman living together without being husband and wife?  There have been many scriptures given in support of marriage, but I have yet to see any supporting just living together.  Forget about what you or I think or feel, what does the scriptures say.  Are we here for the truth or not?  Regardless of how good are analogies are and how we can justify in our own minds....is it supported by scripture?

Thanks Dwight, now thats the question.  And I think you will find the answer is no.  Now I'm not a biblical scholar by any means, so I'm waiting for the scripture myself.  I think we've showed many witnesses to the marriage covenant.  If there is not at least two biblical witnesses to the contrary then I think the subject should be dropped, try as one might it is hard to fight against the word of God. 

Bradigans, that being said, I don't think anyone here is passing judgement on you, I just think a spade should be called a spade and a sin a sin.  I don't condem you in the least because I have sin in my life also and yours is no worse than mine or anyone elses here.  God is obviously dealing with you over this matter or you would not have asked the question.  May his peace and wisdom prevail to you.

Blessings
Craig
« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 07:16:05 PM by Craig »

Bradigans

« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2007, 07:20:04 PM »

I'm going to be doing some serious praying and I request that everyone else does also because 1 Corinthians 12:14 says - For the body is not one member, but many. Though the bicep (flexion) and tricep (extension) seem to be in opposition with one another, there overall work is together. I appreciate everybody's (IN THE BODY OF CHRIST'S) input. We are not at odd's, we're making one another sharper. Proverbs 27:17 - Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.   There is no conflict in the body of Christ though sometimes it may seem. 1 Corinthians 12:24-27 - For our comely parts have no need: but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour to that part which lacked. That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another. And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it. Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.   If you coming with a sincere heart from God's Word I appreciate your input. Ephesians 4:13 - Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ. These next few verses here really stood out to me. 1 Corinthians 10:29 - Conscience, I say, not thine own, but of the other: for why is my liberty judged of another man's conscience?   1 Corinthians 10:31-33 - Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God. Give none offence, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God: Even as I please all men in all things, not seeking mine own profit, but the profit of many, that they may be saved. I believe THE SPIRIT is speaking not to my head but to my heart. Keep me in your prayers....

IN HIS LOVE,

Bradford

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 20 queries.