bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I would like advice.  (Read 5136 times)

PKnowler

I would like advice.
« on: January 28, 2007, 09:12:15 PM »

I started reading Ray's writings on Bible Truths several years ago. He has a way of making the scriptures plain and easy to understand. Through his writings I have come to believe that one day God will reconcile everyone unto himself, Universal Reconciliation. Well my husband doesn't believe in Universal Reconciliation and he is not interested in reading Ray's writings. I have been trying to explain to my Christian husband the Biblical mandate to come out of the church. But I don't believe I have presented it to him properly. He thinks I am pulling scriptures out of context. I would like advice on how to explain it to him. Even if my husband doesn't agree- at least he will know where I am coming from. Can anyone help me?

Thanks, Paula

Joey Porter

Re: I would like advice.
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2007, 09:40:56 PM »

What really got me started digging for deeper truths was when I started thinking about what Jesus said:

John 16
13But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth.

If Jesus said the spirit will guide us into all Truth, why does the denominationalized church world see so many different truths?  I reached a point that I had to accept the fact that if I was going to have true faith  in Jesus and believe His words, then I also had to accept that the church world is not being led by the spirit of Truth.

hart4god

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2007, 10:12:01 PM »

Paula,

I really feel for you and understand how hard it is to be in different spiritual places with a loved one. Your husband might never understand. I do not think you can make him. I am sure you live a loving and peaceful life with him and if it does not bother him that you feel called out of the church, then don't worry if he is lagging in understanding. Sometimes the devoted love one for another in a marriage is good enough to cover differences like this. I pray neither of you will make this a point of contention or feel a  need to be "right" about your decisions against the other. I am sure because your lives are lived so closely together that you will have many gentle and natural times to share and tell him how the Spirit is working in your heart and life.

Try to be at peace and not solve everything at once. God will make the right times and opportunities for you.

Blessings on your marriage.

peace,
judie h. (married 27 years to a wonderful man who thinks 180 degrees opposite of me at all times ;D)

DWIGHT

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2007, 10:28:36 PM »

Hi Paula,

I share your'e burden as well.  My wife can't understand why I left Christianity and refuse to watch tv preachers.  I've told her gentley how I feel and have left it at that.  I pray for her everyday that God would open her eyes but she thinks I've completley gone off the deep end.  I don't push or preach to her and the rest of our life is okay.  But it's still hard because you love your mate and God put us in this position for His purpose and yet this is a major trial for us to bare.  Like you, I need the prayers of all the brothers and sisters.

Your Brother,

Dwight

PKnowler

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2007, 10:42:50 PM »

Hi Joey,

Thanks for your reply! I hear what you are saying. The scriptures say:  But the Comforter, [even] the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said unto you. John 14:26

I no longer believe we need to go to church to get spoon fed. It has taken me a long time to overcome my indoctrination and see the truth. I wanted to see but old ideas kept clouding my vision. Maybe that's why Jesus said "unless you become like a little child...". A child is like teachable and moldable like clay. They don't have preconcieved ideas and notions. I want to be a pliable clay in my Lord's hand's so he can shape me into His image. I want God to guide me into all truth.

I have come to despise Orthodox teaching. I see it as a trap like a cult- you can't question the teaching or you are considered a heretic. This keeps people in fear and bondage. In church today the pastor said that God would NEVER intrude on people's free will. Ha! What about Saul/ Paul- of course he is an extreme example but the pastor said "NEVER". I hate the message of Freewill! It is a lie! It is God who draws and works in you to do and to will for His good purpose. It reminds me of a song by Caedom's call it says "I am thankful that I'm incapable of doing any good on my own"

I just had to look it up for you all.
I wish you could hear it too!

Here it is:
Thankful by Caedom's Call

You know I ran across an old box of letters
While I was bagging up some clothes for Goodwill
But you Know I had to laugh at the same old struggles
That plagued me then are plaguing me still
I know the road is long from the ground to glory
But a boy can hope he's getting some place
But you see, I'm running from the very clothes I'm wearing
And dressed like this I'm fit for the chase

'Cause no, there is none righteous
Not one who understands
There is none who seek God
No not one, I said no not one

So I am thankful that I'm incapable
Of doing any good on my own

'Cause we're all stillborn and dead in our transgressions
We're shackled up to the sin we hold so dear
So what part can I play in the work of redemption
I can't refuse, I cannot add a thing

'Cause I am just like Lazarus and I can hear your voice
I stand and rub my eyes and walk to You
Because I have no choice

I am thankful that I'm incapable
I'm so thankful that I'm incapable

'Cause by grace I have been saved
Through faith that's not my own
It is a gift of God and not by works
Lest anyone should boast

---------------------------------------------------------

Blessings, Paula  :)

PKnowler

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2007, 12:31:19 AM »

Dear Judie & Dwight,

Thank you for both for sharing how you are going through similar circumstances. It helps to know we are not alone.  I am so grateful for this forum! I know that my husband doesn't understand but fellowship online with like minded believer is my church.

Dwight you are so wise to be gentle and not preach at your wife. I am not so smart sometimes. I say more than I should and it just leads to contention.

Judie you wrote:" if it does not bother him that you feel called out of the church, then don't worry if he is lagging in understanding". Well we have come to a compromise. My husband wants to attend church at least one Sunday a month, the rest of the month we do home study. The problem is that people look at you like you are a backslidder- so fellowship is hindered. The pastor preached today that it was wrong to not be committed to the church and go every week. That if you miss you need to get the tape. He preached like if you didn't go to church you weren't pursuing God! It offended me but not my husband he says he is like a duck he lets it slide off his back.

My husband wants to go to church for the praise and worship and to be under authority. Also he wants to have somewhere to go if we need prayer. He says he feels transported to the heaven in worship. I asked if he can experience that on his own in praise and worship and he says "no". So while we don't agree I want to respect his wishes and his authority as the spiritual leader of our home.

Blessings to you, Paula

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2007, 12:42:52 AM »

Paula,

Lots of prayer.  Make sure you do not over state what is on Ray's site.  He knows what is on here.  He will have to come around when it is God's Will.  What we need to remember is that all things happen in their own time.  Just pray and talk to God about this.  When he asks a question, only answer that question and do not elaborate on it.  I just see him asking questions in the future and then it will be time for you to get a foot in the proverbial door to speak.

Patience.  I will pray for you and your husband.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 20 queries.