bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Reveling in infidelities  (Read 15107 times)

PKnowler

Reveling in infidelities
« on: January 30, 2007, 02:52:20 AM »

BE CAREFUL OF WHAT YOU TEACH FOR YOU WILL BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE.

YellowStone

Re: Reveling in infidelities
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 07:22:45 AM »

PKnowler wrote:
BE CAREFUL OF WHAT YOU TEACH FOR YOU WILL BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE.

I believe what Paula is saying here reflects totally on the following words of Christ our Savior.

Mar 12:30
And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this [is] the first commandment.

Mar 12:31
And the second [is] like, [namely] this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

What more is there? Please look deep inside your hearts before you answer.

Pro 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

Pro 3:6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Pro 17:27 He that hath knowledge spareth his words: [and] a man of understanding is of an excellent spirit.

Pro 17:28 Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: [and] he that shutteth his lips [is esteemed] a man of understanding.

Love to all,
Darren

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 08:53:04 AM »

To All,

NOTE:  For clarification becuase of a pm that I received I need to make it clear to all who this post was directed it to.  I directed it to Paula.  It was not directed to anyone else that posted in this thread.

Paula Did NOT orginally write that quote.  Hebrewroots98 wrote that in a thread that had been locked.  Please if you are going to quote someone please give proper credit to the person you are quoting rather than passing it off as your quote.  I am sry for posting this, but that is a huge pet peeve of mine, and is a huge one that should be adhered to in forums.

I am just writing this to keep us all accountable.  I know that it is easy to quote without giving proper credit.  If you do not want to credit someone, then please by all means include their statement in QUOTATION marks or something like that.  Now if it is something obvious that is not yours, then that does go without understanding.

I know when I post things that are not mine, I usually center the text and put it in red. 

I think by quoting things that others are saying in the forum is a great thing, but to do it without giving them credit or even acknowledging that their ideas were theirs and not yours smacks of disrespect and dishonesty.

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 01:40:18 AM by rrammfcitktturjsp »

brothertoall

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 09:27:56 AM »

Anne that is correct. I will have to agree with you on that one. I will also have to say that who are we to judge another. I did not see where anyone is teaching anything here.

it amazes me sometimes that certian subjects touch a nerve with some and I will have to admit I have had that happen to me so I speak at me first.

When someone comes here seeking the input of others and those others give an opinion, why is that some of those opinions are looked at as being trying to teach?

Paula I do not understand why you would just quote that section of a previous post in another thread and point a finger at some here.

This scripture came to mind and I speak to ME first:

Luke 6:40-42

40 The disciple is not above his master: but every one that is perfect shall be as his master.

41 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but perceivest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

42 Either how canst thou say to thy brother, Brother, let me pull out the mote that is in thine eye, when thou thyself beholdest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam out of thine own eye, and then shalt thou see clearly to pull out the mote that is in thy brother's eye.

I myself have learned many things here but let us not forget that it is Christ and His Spirit that will guide and teach us in all things.

I still have a long way to go myself and the main thing I want to learn and do is the patience we must have for one another and this one thing that is most important is to LOVE one another.

Christ is the head and we are but parts of that body. I am not the head,Ray is not the head,Joe is not the head and the list goes on. We can do nothing without HIM.My part of this body is a mere little toe on the right foot.

bobby

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2007, 09:40:07 AM »

Bobby,

I liked how you exhorted us all to love one another.  I know the marraige question thread has been locked and do not know the reason why.  I also notice that Paula is not a guest, which means she has unjoined the forum.  I pray that that thread did not in any way offend her.

I wish to go on in the similar vein of Bobby's thread.  When a question is posted and things of that nature here, all of us that I can see, are interested and concerned about eachother.  We give our advice freely and our love as well.  What shocks me is that some see that love as being judgemental.  Guys and gals there is an awesome feature here in this group and it is called the pm button.  If you are offended by someone's elses post, DO NOT leave the forum without giving them a fair chance of explaining themselves.  Please remember that most if not all post here in a loving manner and that we are family.  At times we will quarrel and get peeved off, but in the end, we know we love eachother.  Paula, I would exhort you to pray about some things and get in touch with the person or persons that you think have offended you.  Please remember that we are all on a journey, and that no one is where they need to be.  Please also remember that we are human, and in being so that we can become emotionally involved very strongly when something sets us off.  Please also remember that this forum is family and loves you very much.

Bobby, thanks for posting this reply.  And thanks for ending it with the exhortation.  I should have ended mine in that similar vein but was not thinking of it.

Guys and gals, I love all of you.  Take care.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

brothertoall

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2007, 10:15:43 AM »

Thank you Anne and I too noticed that Paula is now a quest and Paula if you are veiwing this thread please oh please forgive me if I said something to make you leave.

I have an idea here and think maybe this may help to get everyone on the right track.

let each one of define what love is concerning a relationship between a man and a women. I will start first and I hope that you all will take part in this also.

The love to my best friend,mate and now my wife. My love for my wife started as a very close friendship and she was and is still my best friend. This happened long before marriage was even thought about. It was different than my love for my other friends,male and female.

There was no sex involved in this relationship for a short time(about a year). But that did not matter because I was very much in love with her.We decided to move in together after high school and we shared everything. It took several years for that love for one another to be refined and we had many hardships and when my son was concieved we then got married legally according to the world but we were already married in the eyes of God long before we actually married. There were very tough times ahead and God saw fit that we would make it. I have grown up and my wife has also and I can now look back and honestly say that she was there for me and I for her. Through everything we both have been through it was that love we had and still have for each other that kept us going and I thank God for bringing her my way over 30 years ago. I did not need that marriage lisence or that gold band on my finger to prove that I loved her or that she loved me. The marriage was just part of the process and if I had to do it all over again I would not have to think twice about it. I would do it again in a New York minute.

My wife IS my best friend,my soul mate and I want no other to spend the rest of my life with even through the good and the bad.

bobby

Sorin

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2007, 10:27:23 AM »

I find the title of this thread to be highly offensive.

. in·fi·del·i·ties

1. Unfaithfulness to a sexual partner, especially a spouse.
         2. An act of sexual unfaithfulness.
   2. Lack of fidelity or loyalty.
   3. Lack of religious belief.

That is a total lie! No one here is 'reveling in infidelity' Bradigans is faithful to his spouse therefore he is not 'reveling in infidelity'.  The only thing even remotely close to 'reveling' would be that he was delighted to find a few that didn't judge him and say he is living in 'infidelity/sin'.

I can however understand why Paula got so upset, why it's a 'touchy' subject........her daughters and all that. But no one here was 'reveling in infidelity' or even living in or defending infidelity.

I feel bad that I/we offended her and she decided to leave, but it was never my intent to offend anyone. So I hope she will decide to come back.

Sorin

« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 10:39:02 AM by Sorin »

Kat

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2007, 10:39:00 AM »

1Co 4:3  But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged by you or by any human court. In fact, I do not even judge myself.
v. 4  I am not aware of anything against myself, but I am not thereby acquitted. It is the Lord who judges me.
v. 5  Therefore do not pronounce judgment before the time, before the Lord comes, who will bring to light the things now hidden in darkness and will disclose the purposes of the heart. Then each one will receive his commendation from God.

This scripture from Paul seems fitting, tho I am not comparing myself to Paul, not at all.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

brothertoall

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2007, 10:39:39 AM »

Sorin I will have to admit I found that rather offensive myself but I thought it best to just let it go.

God knows each of our hearts and actions and in my opinion all that matters is what God knows about me and what He will do to take care of what ever is unpleasing to Him.

bobby

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2007, 10:56:00 AM »

Bobby,

Okay here goes my definition of love.

Love is glancing at me and before I can say a word apologizing and going to put the toilet seat down.
  Love is when he walks through the door and he gives me that hug and kiss and asks how my day went.
  Love is when he gets up in the middle of the night when he is dog tired and takes care of the baby.
  Love is when he calls me throughout the day to make sure that I am all right.
  Love is admitting that our son looks like me, even tough I think he looks like him.
  Love is him letting my cry on his shoulder when I need too.
  Love is coodling with him on a cold wintery Texas night, of which we are having an abundance of.
  Love is accepting me for who I am.
  Love is when he says he forgives me, he really does not hold it against me.
  Love is that late night back rub to help me to sleep.
  Love is our marraige.

When we first met online his yahoo name was lonely in texas.  Through the next few years to 2003, I knew I was falling for him.  There came a point in time where he did say that he had barely any food in the house.  Keep in mind that this was the weekend of Texas Tech vs. Texas A&M which is the huge game of the year and that it was home that year.  I knew that I loved him deeply when I said, come to TTU and get something to eat.  I was willing to sacrifice that game for him.  To date, there are only 2 individuals that I would sacrifice that particular game for my husband and my son.  When we met in person, the marriage proposal was on the table the second night. 

I will never forget how he proposed to me.  And that was was willing to wait for a long engagement.

Love is willing to wait.
  Love is patient, Love is kind,  Well you know the rest.

I think that the best definition of love is found in 1st Corinthians.

I am so glad that I am with my husband.  I am glad that we waited for a time to get married and was not pressured into it.  I can not imagine rushing off to get married to this day.  Things happen for a reason and they happen in their own times.

I do know that God blessed us on our marriage to one another, by giving us our wonderful son.  For the date of conceptioin was on October 11, 2005 our wedding day.  It is hard to believe that we have been married for over a year now.  It seems like all of our lives we have known each other.

Love is having and willing to make sacrifices.

My husband works in a job that he knows he does not want to be stuck in.  He has made so many sacrifices so that I and our son might be taken care of.  He has places a lot of his dreams on the back burner, so that we could be happy.  Right now, we are trying to mesh in both of our dreams.

Love is not getting into my chocolate stash.
  Love is saying that when one inept person like me cooks in the kitchen has done well in cooking a meal.

There's so much that can be said on this topic, and the more I write, the more that I am missing him.  I cannot believe that it is only 8 am and that I have 6 more hours without him.  But I know that in absence, I will fully appreciate it when he is home.

You all have a great day.  This post has made me count my blessings.  I could write all morning and all day for that matter.

To my dearest best friend, my soul-mate, the father of our son, my dearest husband, and the <sorry ladies if you think you got the best man out there> best man in the whole wide world, I love you.  I can hardly wait until you get home, so that I can share this post.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

brothertoall

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2007, 11:03:53 AM »

Anne that was great.

bobby

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2007, 11:24:44 AM »

This is a bud that just doesn't what to be nipped.

We locked it once and it appeared in 2-3 other threads.  I would like to reemphasize what Kat stated:

I do want to say there is not a single scripture to back up what is continued to be discussed here.
We shoiud be together and standing on what is taught in the scripture.
I would ask that if anyone wants to continue to discuss this please use scripture to back up your stance on this or any subject.

On the original thread a question was asked opinions given and toward the end a few seasoned members gave the scriptural authority for their opinions.  That didn't seem to matter as I still see the; I feel, I think, I, I, I emotional responses.

The first thread was not locked by me but I agree 100 percent that it was locked because "people were talking/writing over other responses without addressing the very points being made, once a thread gets to that place emotions over ride reason and it spirals downhill."

Now I suggest we agree to disagree here and drop this subject, when a thread starts down the emotional track, I for one do not trust anyones, opinions or reasoning, most of all my own.

Craig

brothertoall

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2007, 11:29:05 AM »

maybe we could get someone here to explain this verse to all of us without locking this thread.

1 Corinthians 7:36

36 But if any man think that he behaveth himself uncomely toward his virgin, if she pass the flower of her age, and need so require, let him do what he will, he sinneth not: let them marry.

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2007, 11:29:25 AM »

Craig,

I think it is best that we agree to disagree.  I would rather see topics locked than for us to become further divided.  Thanks to Kat and Craig for reminding us of what should be our focus, and that should the truth.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

longhorn

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2007, 11:39:13 AM »

I had a wife once, but she got smart and kicked my butt to the curb, she seemed to enjoy it also. 

Longhorn

hillsbororiver

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2007, 11:45:30 AM »

maybe we could get someone here to explain this verse to all of us without locking this thread.

1 Corinthians 7:36

36 But if any man think that he behaveth himself uncomely toward his virgin, if she pass the flower of her age, and need so require, let him do what he will, he sinneth not: let them marry.

Hi Bobby,

Let's look at a few translations of this verse and the verses that surround it;

1 Corinthians 7 (The Message)

32-35I want you to live as free of complications as possible. When you're unmarried, you're free to concentrate on simply pleasing the Master. Marriage involves you in all the nuts and bolts of domestic life and in wanting to please your spouse, leading to so many more demands on your attention. The time and energy that married people spend on caring for and nurturing each other, the unmarried can spend in becoming whole and holy instruments of God. I'm trying to be helpful and make it as easy as possible for you, not make things harder. All I want is for you to be able to develop a way of life in which you can spend plenty of time together with the Master without a lot of distractions.

36-38If a man has a woman friend to whom he is loyal but never intended to marry, having decided to serve God as a "single," and then changes his mind, deciding he should marry her, he should go ahead and marry. It's no sin; it's not even a "step down" from celibacy, as some say. On the other hand, if a man is comfortable in his decision for a single life in service to God and it's entirely his own conviction and not imposed on him by others, he ought to stick with it. Marriage is spiritually and morally right and not inferior to singleness in any way, although as I indicated earlier, because of the times we live in, I do have pastoral reasons for encouraging singleness.

39-40A wife must stay with her husband as long as he lives. If he dies, she is free to marry anyone she chooses. She will, of course, want to marry a believer and have the blessing of the Master. By now you know that I think she'll be better off staying single. The Master, in my opinion, thinks so, too.

1 Corinthians 7 (Amplified Bible)

32My desire is to have you free from all anxiety and distressing care. The unmarried man is anxious about the things of the Lord--how he may please the Lord;

33But the married man is anxious about worldly matters--how he may please his wife--

34And he is drawn in diverging directions [his interests are divided and he is distracted from his devotion to God]. And the unmarried woman or girl is concerned and anxious about the matters of the Lord, how to be wholly separated and set apart in body and spirit; but the married woman has her cares [centered] in earthly affairs--how she may please her husband.

35Now I say this for your own welfare and profit, not to put [a halter of] restraint upon you, but to promote what is seemly and in good order and to secure your undistracted and undivided devotion to the Lord.

36But if any man thinks that he is not acting properly toward and in regard to his virgin [that he is preparing disgrace for her or incurring reproach], in case she is passing the bloom of her youth and if there is need for it, let him do what to him seems right; he does not sin; let them marry.

37But whoever is firmly established in his heart [strong in mind and purpose], not being forced by necessity but having control over his own will and desire, and has resolved this in his heart to keep his own virginity, he is doing well.

38So also then, he [the father] who gives his virgin (his daughter) in marriage does well, and he [the father] who does not give [her] in marriage does better.

39A wife is bound to her husband by law as long as he lives. If the husband dies, she is free to be married to whom she will, only [provided that he too is] in the Lord.

40But in my opinion [a widow] is happier (more blessed and [f]to be envied) if she does not remarry. And also I think I have the Spirit of God

1 Corinthians 7 (New Living Translation)

32 I want you to be free from the concerns of this life. An unmarried man can spend his time doing the Lord’s work and thinking how to please him. 33 But a married man has to think about his earthly responsibilities and how to please his wife. 34 His interests are divided. In the same way, a woman who is no longer married or has never been married can be devoted to the Lord and holy in body and in spirit. But a married woman has to think about her earthly responsibilities and how to please her husband. 35 I am saying this for your benefit, not to place restrictions on you. I want you to do whatever will help you serve the Lord best, with as few distractions as possible.

36 But if a man thinks that he’s treating his fiancée improperly and will inevitably give in to his passion, let him marry her as he wishes. It is not a sin. 37 But if he has decided firmly not to marry and there is no urgency and he can control his passion, he does well not to marry. 38 So the person who marries his fiancée does well, and the person who doesn’t marry does even better.

39 A wife is bound to her husband as long as he lives. If her husband dies, she is free to marry anyone she wishes, but only if he loves the Lord.[j] 40 But in my opinion it would be better for her to stay single, and I think I am giving you counsel from God’s Spirit when I say this.

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

brothertoall

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2007, 11:50:19 AM »

Thank you Joe. Now my next question and hopefully someone knows their history. When did the ritual of marriage start. You know like who was the first to start a ceremony,the ring ect....

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2007, 11:53:48 AM »

Joe,

That was indeed helpful. 

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire 
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 06:27:23 PM by hillsbororiver »

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2007, 12:14:01 PM »

Joe,

I only promoted it becuase it did addresses the actual customs that are found in the marriage ritual.

Not becuase I agree with the Messianic way of thinking.  I am not Messianic.  I am one who seeks after the truth. I am not meaning to cause division.  I have not seen any marriage rituals mentioned in the bible.  So that clued me into the fact that they were started after the bible had been written.  If I am wrong on this, please show me my error and I will change.  I have searced for marriage stuff in the bible and can only find instances where either wives are taken by men or given in marraige to men.  I also have found that once when people became betrothed, they then consummated the marraige.  Once this took place it become valid in God's eyes.  I am not really sure where to look.

I am really confused right now and have a question to ask?  If something is not specifically discussed or expounded or addressed in the bible what should we do?  In my case, I usually look to other sources and see if they agree in spirit of what the bible is saying.  Please understand that by my posting the book I am not promoting Messianic way of thinking.  I just do not know how to answer Bobby's questioin in a relevant way without using sources outside the bible, as I have found no marriage rituals in the bible. 

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 12:48:36 PM by rrammfcitktturjsp »

brothertoall

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2007, 12:16:46 PM »

I thought this was interesting!!!!!

How To Know if Your Common Law Marriage Is Recognized
From Sheri & Bob Stritof,
Your Guide to Marriage.
FREE Newsletter. Sign Up Now!
Common law marriage is not as common as many people believe. Living together does not mean you have a common law marriage. There are strict requirements that have to be met for common law marriages to be considered valid.
Additionally, only a few states in the United States recognize common law marriages.

Difficulty: Easy
Time Required: varies
Here's How:
Ascertain if the state/country you are living in recognizes common law marriages. Only a few states plus the District of Columbia recognize common law marriages.
Currently, common law marriages are recognized by: Alabama, Colorado, Iowa, Kansas, Montana, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Texas, Utah and Washington, D.C.

Generally, there are four requirements for a valid common law marriage. Just living together isn't enough to validate a common law marriage.

Requirement One: You must live together.

Requirement Two: You must present yourselves to others as a married couple. Some ways of doing this are by using the same last name, referring to one another as husband or wife, and filing a joint tax return.

Common Law Marriage
The biggest source of free information on Common Law Marriage
marriage.xaffix.com

Requirement Three: Although the time frame is not defined, you have to be together for a significant period of time.

Requirement Four: You must intend to be married.

In the U.S., every state is Constitutionally required to recognize as valid a common law marriage that was recognized in another state.

Tips:
These states have restrictions and only recognize common law marriages performed/created by a certain date:
Georgia, January 1, 1997

Idaho, January 1, 1996

Ohio, October 10, 1991

Oklahoma, November 1, 1998. Whether the Oklahoma law on this will be upheld is still unknown
More on Oklahoma Common Law Marriage.

Pennsylvania, January 1, 2005.

New Hampshire only recognizes commonlaw marriages for probate purposes.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 19 queries.