bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PKnowler, You are missed.  (Read 5447 times)

josh

PKnowler, You are missed.
« on: January 30, 2007, 11:31:24 AM »

Friends,

I noticed this morning that Paula,(PKnowler) seems to have deleted her account.

It is a shame that a difference of opinion has lead to the lose of fellowship with our dear sister.

Colossians 3:11-13
Here there is no Greek or Jew, circumcised or uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave or free, but Christ is all, and is in all. Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.

Paula, you are missed. Please come back soon.

Grace and Peace.
Josh

brothertoall

Re: PKnowler, You are missed.
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 11:40:12 AM »

I agree Josh but you and I and sure many here will admit that this is not showing much love. accusing many here of Infidelity is just a bit harsh.

Author  Topic: Reveling in infidelities  (Read 92 times) 
PKnowler

Reveling in infidelities
« on: Yesterday at 11:52:20 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BE CAREFUL OF WHAT YOU TEACH FOR YOU WILL BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE.

Report to moderator    Logged 

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 12:05:25 PM »

To All,

I would have to agree that many things probably were not prompted by the following Scripture, where it says to encourage one another as long as it is called Today. 

I know for one, that I do not give Scriptural references when I am posting and only can give my basic paraphrase becuase I tend to lose my bible or do not have the time to go and look it up. 

I pray and pray and pray that all that I say in this forum is said to encourage one another.  Even, in my earlier post where I was going on about giving credit due where it is due, I tried to say this in a loving manner.  My intention is to build the body of Christ up, and not to tear it down.

Bobby, I for one did not feel that topic that was started by Paula was one prompted by love nor was it meant to be a source of encouragement, but I can think of some of her posts where they were encouraging.

I do miss Paula, but I do understand that there are hidden dynamics that may be going on in her life.  All we can do is to pray for her and those of us still here.

It is my prayer that we all remember to post things that are encouraging to one another.  For the most part, I tend to stay out of disucssions until the Spirit moves me to post in them.  I hope and pray that my posts are not causing division.

Please remember that I too, am on a journey, and do and will make mistakes.  I apologize for any mistakes that I have made.  I apologize to anyone that has been offended my anything that I may have posted.  If any one is offended by what I post, please by all means again use the pm button and let's discuss this privately.  Sometimes I get it wrong and need to be corrected.  I am just wondering, if we all could not make more use of that button.  I believe it would save face and also our relationships with eachother as family.

Kat, help me out here.  There is a Scripture that says, if any of you have an issue with a fellow brother, GO IN PRIVATE and confront him in a LOVING manner.  It then proceeds to say to go and take a few witnesses.  <This in my opionon would be involving somone more learned at this point>  I believe that inflammatroy issues should never be resolved on the forum.  I know that we all come here looking for love and advice, and we do no mean to post questions or topics that would lead to being locked topics.  I think that if we made use of the pm buttons we would eliminate much of the emotionally charged stuff.

Moderators:  You have a hard job.  Thank you for stepping up to the plate.  Please keep on being the examples of how we need to be. 

Paula,  I personally want to apologize to you here if anything that I have said or done has offended you.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

Kat

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 01:35:14 PM »

Hi Anne,

I believe this is the scripture you were referring to,

Mat 18:15  "If your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault, between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have gained your brother.
v. 16  But if he does not listen, take one or two others along with you, that every charge may be established by the evidence of two or three witnesses.

Of course topics that are posted here are not private, so the discussion is not private.
But if you feel someone misunderstood something you said on a post, I could see how you would want to PM them about that first, instead of going into it before the whole forum.
We all need to not be so easily offended and bear with one another in love  :)

Eph 4:1  I therefore, the prisoner in the Lord, beseech you that you walk worthy of the calling with which you are called,
v. 2  with all lowliness and meekness, with long-suffering, forbearing one another in love,
v. 3  endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2007, 01:42:33 PM »

Kat,

Yes thanks so much.  I tried to download e-sword on the computer, but it would not take.  I guess my computer is not one that is called at the present time.   ;D  We are supposed to get a new one, and then I can download e-sword then.

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

Sorin

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2007, 02:09:04 PM »

Yes, I agree you guys. I don't even know why I got into a whole marriage discussion anyways. My intent wasn't to offend anybody, and I apologize if I did.
Paula, I hope you'll decide to come back. For we all make mistakes, all we can do is try to learn from them and move on.

Take care,
Sorin

Kat

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2007, 02:29:48 PM »

Hi Anne,

I hope you do get a new computer, where you can get eSword.
I rely on mine a great deal.
If I had to look up all the scripture in the Book, it would take a lot of my time just searching.
I don't mind helping all I can  :)

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

hillsbororiver

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2007, 02:41:37 PM »

A while back there was a thread entitled "Discernment" in which there were reminders to all of us to not only to respond to one another directly when posting anything but to keep in mind the non posting members and the guests that are constantly viewing this Forum. Many have just "stumbled" onto Bible Truths and found the invitation to our Forum at the bottom of the page (as I type this there are 14 guests and 9 members viewing). I have seen as many as 26 "guests" viewing at any given time.

Please try to use good judgement and spiritual discernment when posting anything, we know Paula was troubled by many things that were stated here and as the father of a daughter who is of marrying age too I know it did not please me to see some of things said here either, how many guests and non posting members do you think might feel the same way when visiting Bible Truths for maybe the first time?

Let us be aware of our guests and like gracious hosts do what we can to make them comfortable without sacrificing the Truths we share, we cannot always agree but love and charity are more than mere words and require constant vigilance.

His Peace and Wisdom to all of you,

Joe

Robin

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2007, 03:57:35 PM »

I understood Paula's reaction and was also concerned about guests. I understand that others have different opinions on scripture. I also know that I am here because I agree with Ray's teaching and when things are taught that are different than what Ray teaches I feel that it also represents me as a member of this forum.

I think the forum rules are good and the things that are discussed here should stay in line with what Ray is teaching or at least not be in conflict with what he teaches. That's not a judgment on those who disagree, but I joined this forum because I agree with what Ray teaches. This is the only place I've been able to find that represents what I believe and coincides with what Ray teaches. There are many other places where other beliefs can be discussed.

Thanks,
MG

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2007, 04:24:30 PM »

MGI agree with you that our like mindedness and preservation of our bond of peace is our unity in agreement with the teachings revealed to us through Ray.
Also we need to be aware of the Trolls as copied from a post from Joe.

Every now and then we get someone who makes their first post or one of their very first few posts a topic that is very controversial or has the potential to cause emotional responses. This is a time when discernment, patience and caution should be prayed for and exercised. Be on guard!   

Troll

(v.) (1) To deliberately post derogatory or inflammatory comments to a community forum, chat room, newsgroup and/or a blog in order to bait other users into responding.
(2) To surf the Internet.

(3) To hang around a chat room reading the posts instead of contributing to the chat. (No problem with this at all)

(n.) One who performs any of the above actions.

In Internet terminology, a troll is a person who enters an established community such as an online discussion forum and intentionally tries to cause disruption, most often in the form of posting inflammatory, off-topic, or otherwise inappropriate messages.        (Wikipedia)

Flame Bait

A subject posted to an Internet group that is designed to produce an emotional reaction and start a flame war.

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

DWIGHT

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2007, 08:28:09 PM »

Hi all,

1 Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!
2 It is like the precious ointment upon the head, that ran down upon the beard, even Aaron's beard: that went down to the skirts of his garments;
3 As the dew of Hermon, and as the dew that descended upon the mountains of Zion: for there the LORD commanded the blessing, even life for evermore.  Psalm, 133.

It is very sad to me that Paula left.  I just pray that we didn't offend anybody else. 

In Him,

Dwight

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 21 queries.