bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sinner's Prayer  (Read 4119 times)

rrammfcitktturjsp

Sinner's Prayer
« on: January 30, 2007, 01:22:25 PM »

To All,

Wow.  I am finishing up the second paper on Ray's site.  And wow I gotta share this with you.

"Here is the briefest outline of how God "saves us:"

Jesus Christ must first "CHOOSE us" (John 15:16). You don’t choose Him until He first chooses you. You have no "free will" by which you choose Christ. Christ CHOOSES YOU, or you aren’t chosen. (Be sure to read my four-part series on "Exposing the Myth of Free Will" on this site).

The Father then "DRAWS us [Gk: ‘drags us’]" to Christ (John 6:44). You don’t come without an invite. What may seem like a "free choice" on your part to come to Christ, in reality is the Father dragging you by many unseen circumstances beyond your view or control.

By GRACE, God gifts us with FAITH (Eph. 2:8). Both are from God; man contributes NOTHING. If you don’t give God credit for all of your faith then you don’t have any faith, because faith comes ONLY from God.

Then "the goodness of GOD leads you to repentance" (Rom. 2:4). Our repentance originates in GOD, not in ourselves. If God doesn’t lead someone to repentance then they CAN’T REPENT.

We are spiritually "BAPTIZED into Christ’s death" (Rom. 6:3)."

When I became saved at FBC here in Lubbock Texas, something deep down did not feel right.  For a long time I struggled and even doubted that I had been saved.  I had prayed the sinner's prayer but did not know why these feelings of doubt persisted.  Now my eyes have been opened up to the truth.

I actually find in not having free will a free thing indeed.  It means so much that God has predistined and called me out of Babylon.  That when he was creating the world, he looked ahead to this time and smiled, knowing that I, Anne C. McGuire, would come to know the truth and know Him better.  I am honored that he would choose me.  I do not understand it. 

I got a question?  It says that many are called few are chosen.  What exactly does this mean?

Wow, gotta go and do some more reading.  I probably will be posting some more topics.  This stuff is amazing.

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

P.S. - I have just finished reading the second paper.  Wow.  Such freedom. 
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 01:29:44 PM by rrammfcitktturjsp »

Kat

Re: Sinner's Prayer
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 02:13:39 PM »

Hi Anne,

This is an excerpt from Ray's part 11 article. 
It gives a explanation of the called and chosen, but there is much more in that article.

http://bible-truths.com/lake11.html --------------------------------------------------------

A FEW DEFINITIONS

"Synagogue" [Greek: sunagoge means "an assemblage of people, a gathering place for the Jews"

"Church" [Greek: ekklesia] means "a calling out."

"Called" [Greek: kletos] means "invited." The word called is found over six hundred times in Scripture, but the word kletos appears only about a dozen times in Scriptures and always refers to those whom God has invited.

"Chosen" [Greek: eklektos] means "select, chosen out; by implication favorite."

Translated "chosen" sixteen times and "elect" seven times.

Can we not easily see the progression in how God uses these words? God first GATHERS all His people—there was a synagogue in every city. He then CALLS OUT a people (a church) from that huge gathering, and many others from among the Gentiles. He then INVITES many of the called out ones (from the Church) to be His True Followers. But in the end only those whom God SELECTS OUT of the INVITED, of the CALLED OUT, from the gathering of the whole ASSEMBLY will be in the First Resurrection to reign with Christ in the Kingdom of God. And thus we start with a huge number and end up with but a "FEW"! "For MANY are called [‘invited’ from the ‘called out’ church], but FEW are chosen" to reign with Christ as Judges, Priests, Lords, and Kings. (Matt. 22:14).

"But Ray, are you telling us that if we should be chosen from among the invited ones in the called out church, that we are no longer a member of the Church?"

I was hoping some one would ask that question. For most of Church history, clergymen have been trying to materialize away things that are spiritual. And then in their spiritual ignorance, they accuse God’s servants of spiritualizing away things that are supposedly literal and physical. Never mind the fact that it is impossible to "spiritualize away" material things. Material things pass away on their own, whereas spiritual things never pass away.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

Bradigans

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 02:20:48 PM »

Your testimony on the Myth of free will has spoken to my heart. I can't wait to read it.

IN HIS LOVE,

Bradford

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 02:25:37 PM »

Kat,

Yes that does help.  I just hope that I am worthy of such an invitation.  I guess time will tell.

Bradford,

Yes they are some excellent reads.  I have not made it through all the papers on free will.  From what I have heard from Susan and the others in this forum, I can hardly wait until I get to those.  I am going in order and am now making it through the tithing papers.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 20 queries.