bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I DON'T WANT MY RIGHTEOUSNESS (St John 15:5)?  (Read 6287 times)

Bradigans

I DON'T WANT MY RIGHTEOUSNESS (St John 15:5)?
« on: January 30, 2007, 02:04:50 PM »

Thank you my dear brother, and love one in CHRIST. I've suffered and suffer some severe reproach by my family members and church I use to go to on this issue of I’M LIVING WITH A WOMAN. Satan is always trying to tempt me and I'm sure the rest of the brotherhood to do things from the standpoint of men's precept and/or His precept. Isaiah 29:13 - Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men. I believe God has revealled to me that according to Isaiah 64:6 - (Outside of Christ), our righteousnesses are as filthy rags, and because of that we have to wait through the Spirit on the hope of righteousness by faith (Galatians 5:5). Romans 10:17 says - So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. Through faith, I believe God is working in me both to will and to do of His good pleasure (Philippians 2:13). I believe I'm on track, but willing always through God's Word to take reproof. It seems Satan is always trying to tempt the brotherhood to do things from wrong perspectives, especially, if he sees where you might be trying to get on the right track through THE WORD. He will even Misquote God's Word or take things out of the context of THE HOLY SPIRIT and His leadings. Jesus said in John 6:63 - It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh (carnal mindedness) profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. I'm finding out that even The Word has to be applied through the Spirit (God's Holy Spirit) to our hearts, lives and/or spirits and not by going through some carnal rite or ritual. Without the application of the Holy Spirit the bible is not THE WORD, but simply another book. Satan can be quite convincing.

I had I'm sure some well meaning person from the forum PM last night telling me that my kids are ********, and that it's ashame that I am living like this and don't even consider how it reflects on them. I'm not mad at  her though, I believe he/she simply doesn't know what God's righteousness is all about. It's about Him. He said in John 15:5 - I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me (THE WORD), and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. Yours along with a few others on the forum have been a breath of fresh air. Actually, everyone's post has been a blessing, because with some (even on this forum) you can see how Satan tries to tempt and manipulate even with the Word. It sort of gives you empathy for the brethren (even some on this forum) that are under strong delusion and have been brainwashed through media, ungodly propaganda, and organized religion, and aren’t ready to come out of the subterfuge. Again, thank you dear brethen, and I love this forum where things can be ironed out. i sincerely want to be found not having spot nor blemish. Ephesians 5:27 - That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.    Philippians 3:9 - And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith.    

In His love,

Bradford

rrammfcitktturjsp

Re: I DON'T WANT MY RIGHTEOUSNESS (St John 15:5)?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 02:30:38 PM »

Bradford,

The fact that you opened up and can take all things in great stride.  Wow.  You have so much of my respect.  Thanks so much in letting us share with you your journey.

The thing that stands out to me regarding you is that you are seeking after the truth.  My final advice is to seek after the truth and you will find the truth.  Ask it you shall receive, seek and you will find, knock and the door shall be opened up to you.  Seek ye first the kingdom of God and His rightousness, and all these things shall be added unto you.  Singing allelue alleluia.  Darn - had to sing that to quote that Scripture, which is hard to do when you are watching Little Eiensteins with your little one.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

Sorin

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 02:38:49 PM »

Bradford,

I'm sorry that someone had the gall to call your kids '********' when they have a father, you. It's sad that we have Pharisees on this site.............

Take care,
Sorin
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 02:42:20 PM by Sorin »

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 03:16:42 PM »

Bradford,

I'm sorry that someone had the gall to call your kids '********' when they have a father, you. It's sad that we have Pharisees on this site.............

Yes Bradford, I agree with Sorin, you are fathering your children.

Now then, to all members out there, the moderators have asked you to take the more personal, debating type questions, or problems with another member to private messages.  Doing so will give you all more leaway in discussing the more "touchy subjects".  However, being uncivil, demeaning and name calling to a member of this forum through PMs will be grounds for banishment to the forum.  We are supposed to be called of God, so act like it!

In the past we have had members join that do nothing but PM members to cause strife and confusion.  If you get PMs like this please let a moderator know.

Thanks
Craig

Bradigans

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2007, 03:35:47 PM »

Thank you Anne, Sorin, and Craig. In Christ Jesus I sincerely love you all.

As far as banishing the person who sent me the PM about my kids being ********, I don't believe they necessarily meant it to be offensive. I believe they were simply telling the truth from a certain perspective they hold. We have brothers and sisters caught up in THE MATRIX. They need to be reached too. I know that if I'm one of them, I want to be reached with the truth. I know the rules also, but beseech you that you hold not what was said in the PM against them.

I believe God is calling us out of hiding, and in Him, I am not ashamed. Romans 8:33 - Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.   

SINCERELY IN HIS LOVE,

Bradford 

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2007, 04:32:23 PM »

Craig,

Thanks for stepping up with the PM rule.  My heart ached that someone would PM Bradford and call his kids that.  I am glad to see you and the other Moderators step up like this.

Bradford,

May God bless you and yours in this your journey.  And know this, you are never alone.  Even though there are differing opionions here at the forum by all of us, know that I and I believe that I can speak for everyone here, we love you very much.  Brother you are in my prayers and know that my husband will pray for you as well.

You can reach me through PM.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

longhorn

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2007, 12:27:54 PM »

My Ex called me a low down, low life, dirty rotten, piece of trash, and the worlds biggest loser...  If that makes anyone feel any better.

Love in Christ

Longhorn

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2007, 12:30:12 PM »

<Sending a huge hug to Longhorn and Bradigans right now>

Keep your heads up guys.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

brothertoall

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2007, 01:29:56 PM »

Bradford,

One subject discussed here at this forum and the teeth start to show. Pitiful, absolutely pitiful. I have come to find out that people usually say what they mean.

I love you brother and here is a good scripture to think on:

John 8:7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

bobby

Bradigans

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2007, 01:38:24 PM »

My mom and dad (who are divorced) tell me that i'm a lowdown, rotten, trifling, scoundrel and hypocrite (isn't that about a blip, what is that saying - the kettel calling the pot black or something like that). I have 11 and 1/2 other siblings through my mom and 3 through my dads other wife that endorse what they say. I use the 1/2 because i have a certain brother that's not certain where he stands. He mostly goes along with them for the numbers and political correctness. I believe his heart may be otherwise. ooh, I forgot to mention the step parents endorsement with their ideal of me also. I don't hardly go to family function anymore unless i really feel the leading of THE HOLY SPIRIT. They have always loved to make a laughing stock out of me. i'm not looking for any petty though. Romans 8:28 - And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. 1 Corinthians 15:10 - But by the grace of God I am what I am: It's amazing to ponder my folks living arrangements over the years leading up to their divorce, and how they had a license (legal approval of the state) it seems to sin. i don't judge them though. I simply don't want to be a hypocrite. i look at the dysfunction in some of what my siblings call a marriage. They're always pointing the finger at me (judgemental Ishmael's). Again, i don't judge them though. I simply don't want to be a hypocrite. Didn't Jesus say in - Matthew 7:16 - Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? Even though it seems they malevolent towards me at times, i don't wish any evil on any of them (GOD KNOWS MY HEART). i simply don't want to conform, but i truly want to be transformed Romans 12:2 . God told me how to be transformed in Galatians 5:5 - For we through the Spirit because Philippians 2:13 says - For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure - wait for the hope of righteousness by faith. i been horribly wounded and put on the spot in the past. Even at a certain church i attended way back, they put me on the spot so bad. But healing is hear, and i'm feeling it through THE WORDS of the certain at this forum. i didn't mean to go off on a tangent.        

Anyway, I'm not certain whether i've got Long horn beat, but i'm getting there  ;D

longhorn

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2007, 01:45:30 PM »

Bradigans, she called me those things on a "good" day.

Longhorn

brothertoall

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2007, 02:12:08 PM »

Bradford it honestly just breaks my heart how you and others in the same situation can be so ridiculed and looked down upon. All have sinned and come short of the glory of God including and especially myself.

The lack of love to all just really makes me sad and the sad thing also about it is that sometimes I myself can get pulled right into that.

I realize that those that God has not dragged to Him yet can feel and say such things but when it comes from those who claim to know Christ and follow His example it literally makes me sick to my stomach. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Galatians 5:22-23

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

May God always help us/me to love unconditionally and to fill us/me with the fruits of His Spirit for ALL.

bobby

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 19 queries.