bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Questions  (Read 5789 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Questions
« on: January 30, 2007, 03:22:03 PM »

Dear Sir,

I just wanted to know if Satan thinks he has free will? But in the book of Job, it is obvious he has no power to harm Job until parameters were given to him.

COMMENT:  All deceived beings think that they have free will.

Secondly, it seems to me that the conversation was held between  Jesus and satan, I know Jesus is God but in Job 1:8-9. The God refered to here is it Jesus or THE FATHER? I am using the new living translation Bible.

COMMENT:  Jesus IS the God of the Old Testament/Jehovah.

Thirdly, I have heard People say the word BIBLE means:-

Basic
Instruction
Before
Leaving
Earth.

Is this something coined? ( I know the bible is the inspired word of God).

COMMENT:  Bible means a collection of writings (secular or holy).
It means "book." There is nothing sacred about the word "bible."

Fourthly, In the beginning of creation, was the earth a ball of water? For until land was commanded to come forth, there was nothing like dust or rock. Could this mean everything created on earth is from water or associated with water? ( the science of creation is mind buggling to me).

COMMENT:  No, the earth is never called "a ball of water." In the beginning the earth was COVERED with water, but there was land underneath which God caused to surface.  We know the atomic building blocks of all matter. All matter does not consist of H2O.

God be with you,
Ray

I know I am taking too much of your time sir, but, please, bear with me for I am always curious about the amazing power of God and as far as my eyes can see things in the universe it scares me to know that one day, I will see the creator "Jesus" face to face.

Thanks again sir .

Frank

Ps. Sir please include me in your prayers always.

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Re: Questions
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2007, 12:57:32 PM »

Mr. Ray,

Earlier today, I was reading through your email responses on the bible-truths forum, when I came across a certain emaily that I found interesting... here is a quote from the email:

Fourthly, In the beginning of creation, was the earth a ball of water? For until land was commanded to come forth, there was nothing like dust or rock. Could this mean everything created on earth is from water or associated with water? ( the science of creation is mind buggling to me).

COMMENT:  No, the earth is never called "a ball of water." In the beginning the earth was COVERED with water, but there was land underneath which God caused to surface.  We know the atomic building blocks of all matter. All matter does not consist of H2O.

The reason for my email is that last night I was reading through the book of 2 Peter when I came across this passage:

2 Peter 3:1-6 (RSV)

1: This is now the second letter that I have written to you, beloved, and in both of them I have aroused your sincere mind by way of reminder;
    2: that you should remember the predictions of the holy prophets and the commandment of the Lord and Savior through your apostles.
    3: First of all you must understand this, that scoffers will come in the last days with scoffing, following their own passions
    4: and saying, "Where is the promise of his coming? For ever since the fathers fell asleep, all things have continued as they were from the beginning of creation."
    5: They deliberately ignore this fact, that by the word of God heavens existed long ago, and an earth formed out of water and by means of water,
    6: through which the world that then existed was deluged with water and perished.

I checked these verses in several translations and they all seem to say the same thing, I was curious if you could point me towards some scriptural witnesses that state that there was land underneath the waters and God caused them to surface? Let me also state that I am asking this question not in a spirit of correction, but truly with the motive to learn and to be corrected in my own misunderstandings.

Thanks you for your time.

Josh

Dear Josh:

The phrase "the earth FORMED OUT OF water" is not correct."  It should read "and the earth COHERING [sticking together, standing together, adhering together] out of water."  It is the same word [Gk: sunistemi--together-stand] used to describe how the material of the universe stays together without falling apart (Col. 1:17). It does not mean that the earth and rock are made of or from water.

"In the beginning God created the heavens and the EARTH [Heb: erets--earth, ground, firm, land, field]." (Gen. 1:1) There is your "LAND" Scripture.

Here's another:

"And the EARTH was...." (Gen. 1:2).  As yet we have NO WATER, but the earth ALREADY "W-A-S."

"And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gather together unto one place, and let the DRY LAND APPEAR...."  (Gen. 1:9).  The dry land (eath) was already created back in verse 1, and now it is appearing out of the water. It was there all along since its creation.

"And He called the DRY LAND E-A-R-T-H...." (Ver. 10).  What was it before it was "dry land?" Why it was WET LAND, seeing that it was covered with water.

Pretty silly, huh?
    But some day.................SOME DAY, someone will catch me in a heresy, and my ministry will be forever OVER!  Just kidding.

God be with you,
    Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.