bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Phillipians 4  (Read 5889 times)

rrammfcitktturjsp

Phillipians 4
« on: January 30, 2007, 04:44:30 PM »

To All,

Since this morning I have been in prayer and it on my heart to share this with all including myself.

[
color=Red]  "Rejoice in the Lord always.  I will say it again:  REJOICE!!! Let your gentleness be evident to all.  The Lord is near.  Do NOT be anxious abut anything, but in EVERYTHING, by prayer and petition, WITH THANKSGIVING, present your requests to God.  And the peace o God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
  Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatver is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things.  Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me - put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.
  [skipping a few verses]
  I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty.  I have learned the secret of being content in ANY and EVERY situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in pleanty or in want.  I can DO EVERYTHING through him who gives me strength."[/color]

Man Paul is so awesome.  Here's some more from that chapter.

"Not that I am looking for a gift, but I am looking for what may be credited to your account.  I have received full payment and even more; I am amply supplied, now that I have received from Epaphroditus, the gifts that you sent.  They are a fragrant offering, an acceptable sacrifice, pleaseing to God.  And my God will meet your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus."

I pray that I may see you brothers and sisters as Paul has described the gifts that he received from Epaphroditus.  I pray that we may see eachother in that light.

No matter what goes on in here, you are a blessing from God for me.  Uh oh, here's some more Phillipians for you.  I quote it with great feelings in my heart that I cannot describe.
  "I thank my God every time I remember you.  In all my prayers for all of you, I pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ."
[/color]

Wow, Phippipians has always been my favorite book of the bible and always will be.  I wanted to share some of this with you all.

God bless everyone.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

SandyFla

Re: Phillipians 4
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007, 02:58:31 PM »

I love Philippians too.

Chapter 2 has one of Ray's often-quoted verses:

For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

I also like the following verses (14-16):

Do all things without murmurings and disputings:
That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;
Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain.

Sandy

gmik

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2007, 05:36:30 PM »

Me too  me too!!!

It is one of the happiest books!!

gena :D

Extol

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2007, 12:31:57 PM »

One of my favourite passages in all of Scripture is the beginning of Phillipians 2, where it talks about humility:
Concordant Literal New Testament:

1 If, then, there is any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any communion of spirit, if any compassion and pity,
2 fill my joy full, that you may be mutually disposed, having mutual love, joined in soul, being disposed to one thing --
3 nothing according with faction, nor yet according with vainglory -- but with humility, deeming one another superior to one's self,
4 not each noting that which is his own, but each that of others also.
5 For let this disposition be in you, which is in Christ Jesus also,
6 Who, being inherently in the form of God, deems it not pillaging to be equal with God,
7 nevertheless empties Himself, taking the form of a slave, coming to be in the likeness of humanity,
8 and, being found in fashion as a human, He humbles Himself, becoming obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
9 Wherefore, also, God highly exalts Him, and graces Him with the name that is above every name,
10 that in the name of Jesus every knee should be bowing, celestial and terrestrial and subterranean,
11 and every tongue should be acclaiming that Jesus Christ is Lord, for the glory of God, the Father.

;D :)

iris

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2007, 01:24:35 PM »

These scriptures come to mind from Philippians...

Philippians 2:12-16

12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
13 For it is God which worketh in you both to well and to do of his good pleasure.
14 Do all things without murrurings and disputings:
15 that ye may be blameless and harmless, the son of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;
16 Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have  not run in vain, neither labored in vain.

Iris

hebrewroots98

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2007, 01:32:34 PM »

My fav is the one that we learned when we were all babes in Christ;

(PHIL .4:13)- I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHOM STRENGTHENS ME... ;D

Kat

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2007, 01:38:57 PM »

Thanks girls,

These are all really good scripture.
I thought I might add some from Phillipians too  :)

Phi 4:4  Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice.
v. 5  Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand;
v. 6  do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.
v. 7  And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

gmik

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2007, 12:38:50 AM »

AAHHHH.   Do not be anxious about anything!!!  One little sentence in the midst of so many beautiful ones just like it.

Do Not Be Anxious About Anything.  That has got to be my new motto Anne, and my mantra as it were.

Seems like everything else would just fall into place if I could just follow this one little sentence.

It really just means    TRUST HIM

love,
gena

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2007, 04:19:09 AM »

To All who posted on this thread,

What beautiful Sciprtures posted.  It sure is hard to do Chapter 2 where it talks about deeming one another superior to oneselves.

Gena,

Yes, again there's the key that keeps popping up.  The one that says do not be anxious about anything.  I keep forgetting this again and again.

Thanks for your timely post as well.

God bless all of you.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.