bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why go to a Doctor?  (Read 13109 times)

Slim

Re: Why go to a Doctor?
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2007, 08:04:40 PM »

I recently was in the hospital getting surgery for prostate cancer. It was sucessful and I am ok. During my stay there I recognized that the healing professions are divine in nature. They really are. People helping other people all day long. Sometimes it is very difficult to deal with the sick and dying. I had a nurse who was so sweet I had to ask her how she felt about her job and she said she liked it because she knew her work was divine in nature. I was blown away and wished I were a younger man and could start over so that I too could help others as I was being helped. Jesus was the best healer this world ever knew and those who also help heal are on a similar mission. Granted they only deal with the flesh healing but still, it is a divine mission. If a person wished to not receive medical assistance it would not be a sin, but still, if you can be well and live a little longer, it seems to me to be desirable. We will die soon enough, but I don't think Jesus wanted us to act in suicidal ways and not seek help. Our doctors are there because God made them there. God gave them wisdom. I wish I were a healer like my lord and saviour Jesus Christ but I am not. I missed the boat because I was too self centered. Ugh.

Brett

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2007, 01:11:22 AM »

Hi Slim,

I really like your posted :). Good story and brief. Mine is too long ::). Thanks for the share!

Brett

longhorn

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2007, 02:04:17 AM »

I have a bottle of cocconut flavored Rum that I got in San Juan Puerto Rico , does that count?  Iv'e been waiting for an excuse to crack the seal.  Dang, all this time and I could have been getting healthy.

Longhorn

Kat

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2007, 10:11:42 AM »

Hi Slim,

I'm glad to hear your surgery went well and your ok  :)
To take care of the sick and the dying is certainly an honorable occupation.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

beverley

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2007, 10:24:47 AM »

I have a bottle of cocconut flavored Rum that I got in San Juan Puerto Rico , does that count?  Iv'e been waiting for an excuse to crack the seal.  Dang, all this time and I could have been getting healthy.

Longhorn

Nope,,doesn't count,,  sorry.... ;D ;DBeverley

iris

« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2007, 10:26:41 AM »

Hi Slim,

I'm glad your surgery was successful and that you're feeling better.

Thanks for sharing your story.

Iris
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 17 queries.