bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: DO YOU WANT TO CONSIDER JOINING THE 24/7?  (Read 23989 times)

Bradigans

DO YOU WANT TO CONSIDER JOINING THE 24/7?
« on: January 31, 2007, 10:48:27 AM »

If the SPIRIT leads, can you out there consider joining a forum? Being in the true CHURCH is 24/7. We in the body of Christ need not only pro and synergistic views of likeminded believers (THOSE TRULY SEEKING GOD'S, THE WORD'S TRUTH), but also antagonistic views (eg bicep and tricep while working together usually work against one another) of likeminded believers (THOSE TRULY SEEKING GOD'S, THE WORD'S TRUTH). That's where Christ's Holy Spirit comes in. 1 Corinthians 12:13 - For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. 1 Corinthians 12:14 - For the body is not one member, but many. We in THE BODY need not only one anothers pro and synergist views, but also one another's buffering (antagonistic) views. Can somebody help me out there? Oop's maybe I should be saying in here (IN AND THROUGH THE HOLY SPIRIT OF COURSE). This is how I believe we need to start coming together. Romans 8:19 - For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God. Ephesians 4:13 - Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

IN HIS LOVE,

Bradford

Kat

Re: DO YOU WANT TO CONSIDER JOINING THE 24/7?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007, 11:21:31 AM »

Hi Bradford,

I see nothing wrong with visiting other forum if you so desire.
But it seems like you were referring to 'all Christians' as the body of Christ?
In the scripture that were referring to the body of believers, 
the writer began the comments to the 'Brothers',
I believer that 'Brother' is speaking only to the chosen few, not all the called.

1Co 12:1  Now concerning spiritual gifts, brothers, I do not want you to be uninformed.
1Co 12:12  For just as the body is one and has many members, and all the members of the body, though many, are one body, so it is with Christ.
1Co 12:13  For in one Spirit we were all baptized into one body--Jews or Greeks, slaves or free--and all were made to drink of one Spirit.

Rom 12:1  I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship.
Rom 12:4  For as in one body we have many members, and the members do not all have the same function,

The body of Christ are those who abide in Christ and those who keep His commandments and bear fruit.

John 15:1  "I am the true vine, and my Father is the vinedresser.
v. 2  Every branch of mine that does not bear fruit he takes away, and every branch that does bear fruit he prunes, that it may bear more fruit.
v. 3  Already you are clean because of the word that I have spoken to you.
v. 4  Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me.
v. 5  I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.
v.6  If anyone does not abide in me he is thrown away like a branch and withers; and the branches are gathered, thrown into the fire, and burned.
v. 7  If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.
v. 8  By this my Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit and so prove to be my disciples.
v. 9  As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Abide in my love.
v. 10  If you keep My commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in his love.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

hillsbororiver

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2007, 12:36:00 PM »

Good morning Bradigans,

Seeking debate or to go out of our way to "show people the light" usually bears no fruit, as a matter of fact in my own experience I have never seen someone's mind changed by challenging their beliefs.

Tit 3:9  But avoid foolish questions and genealogies and contentions and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.

But it is our duty to be ready to speak if someone sees our example and earnestly seeks answers.

1Pe 3:15  But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

If you feel led to join this like Kat stated there is nothing at all wrong with belonging to other forums, we only need discern our motivation and to be sure it is motivated by giving Him glory.

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2007, 12:58:08 PM »

Mat 7:6  Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you. (e-Sword is so handy).

Ray has told me many times that he would be very happy to find others with the same beliefs. But so far we have not found any (at least in the English speaking world), and that's after many people providing many links to other sites.

There are the "called" and the "chosen."

Mat 7:20  Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

That's how we know they are of the same body.

Dennis

Kat

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2007, 01:07:37 PM »

Hi Bobby,

Just to explain my above comments better.
I was referring to 'all Christiandom' as not being the body of Christ, at this time.
I thought Bradford was referring to all Christians forums, as being in the body?
I would never suggest that we here are the only people that have the Truth.
I was trying to show how you can deternmine who is of the body of Christ.
Neither do I think Ray is the only one who has the Truth,
he's just the only one I know of.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

brothertoall

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2007, 01:09:33 PM »

John 15:5  I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

brothertoall

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2007, 01:18:44 PM »

Matthew 5:43-45

43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.  

44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;  

45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

Mark 12:31 And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2007, 01:20:21 PM »

Matthew 5:43-45

43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.  

44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;  

45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

Mark 12:31 And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

Whats' the point?

Dennis

brothertoall

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2007, 01:32:03 PM »

LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For all.

bobby

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2007, 01:53:28 PM »

LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For all.

bobby

No problem with that, but ALL are not part of the body (yet).

Dennis

brothertoall

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2007, 01:58:49 PM »

Tis true Dennis but are we to still love them or not. There were non that where a part of the body before Christ was crucufied either but the scripture tells me that He gave himself for all.

Are we to love them any less or are we to love all equally just as Christ loved all equally?

bobby

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2007, 02:10:24 PM »

Tis true Dennis but are we to still love them or not. There were non that where a part of the body before Christ was crucufied either but the scripture tells me that He gave himself for all.

Are we to love them any less or are we to love all equally just as Christ loved all equally?

bobby

Well, I said no problem. So, yes we are to love all, but I do not love people that blow-up children in their schools (equally) as I love my own daughter, and I don't think God expects me to.

I also said above:

Mat 7:6  Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

Dennis

rocky

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2007, 02:10:39 PM »

Hi Bradford,

I see nothing wrong with visiting other forum if you so desire.
But it seems like you were referring to 'all Christians' as the body of Christ?
In the scripture that were referring to the body of believers, 
the writer began the comments to the 'Brothers',
I believer that 'Brother' is speaking only to the chosen few, not all the called.

1Co 12:1  Now concerning spiritual gifts, brothers, I do not want you to be uninformed.
1Co 12:12  For just as the body is one and has many members, and all the members of the body, though many, are one body, so it is with Christ.
1Co 12:13  For in one Spirit we were all baptized into one body--Jews or Greeks, slaves or free--and all were made to drink of one Spirit.

Rom 12:1  I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship.
Rom 12:4  For as in one body we have many members, and the members do not all have the same function,

The body of Christ are those who abide in Christ and those who keep His commandments and bear fruit.

John 15:1  "I am the true vine, and my Father is the vinedresser.
v. 2  Every branch of mine that does not bear fruit he takes away, and every branch that does bear fruit he prunes, that it may bear more fruit.
v. 3  Already you are clean because of the word that I have spoken to you.
v. 4  Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me.
v. 5  I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.
v.6  If anyone does not abide in me he is thrown away like a branch and withers; and the branches are gathered, thrown into the fire, and burned.
v. 7  If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.
v. 8  By this my Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit and so prove to be my disciples.
v. 9  As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Abide in my love.
v. 10  If you keep My commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in his love.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

How could " brother"  be speaking only to the chosen, when none of them knew that they were chosen?  They were hoping to, but I thot not even Paul considered himself as chosen??

« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 02:11:39 PM by rocky »

rocky

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2007, 02:17:40 PM »

bobby

Well, I said no problem. So, yes we are to love all, but I do not love people that blow-up children in their schools (equally) as I love my own daughter, and I don't think God expects me to.

I also said above:

Mat 7:6  Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

Dennis

agape, only comes from God.  God does love the one who blows up others just as much as you.  That's why it's grace. 

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2007, 02:32:33 PM »

bobby

I also said above:

Dennis

agape, only comes from God.  God does love the one who blows up others just as much as you.  That's why it's grace. 

I am well aware that the terrorist are but clay in God's hand, and but for the grace of God go I. But God does not expect us to love the terrorists with the same love as we have for our family members. That's the point I want to make.

I do not consider my neighbors my spiritual brothers. They believe in a false god that tortures unbelievers for all eternity. But I know full well that it could just as easily be me that believes lies (as it was in the past) and they could have the truth. That is why we should love them as ourselves.

There was a topic a long time ago on the subject of love. Turns out there are many types of love in the bible, unfourtunatly, we have only one English word for love that covers all types.

Dennis

Kat

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2007, 02:33:59 PM »

Hi rocky,

I think someone knows that they are seeing the truth and overcoming sin.
I will say I understand things I never did before, I am able to resist temptations like never before.
I know I am not able to do any of these things, but by Him in me.
Paul referrs to those he was teaching as believers, brothers, and chosen.

1Th 1:4  For we know, brothers loved by God, that he has chosen you,

1Pe 2:7  So the honor is for you who believe, but for those who do not believe, "The stone that the builders rejected has become the cornerstone,"
v. 8  and "A stone of stumbling, and a rock of offense." They stumble because they disobey the word, as they were destined to do.
v. 9  But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.

I will also add, we may see that we are among the believers now, but we have to endure to the end.  Of this we have no guarantee, that we will remain faithful.

Rev 17:14  They will make war on the Lamb, and the Lamb will conquer them, for he is Lord of lords and King of kings, and those with him are called and chosen and faithful."

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

brothertoall

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2007, 02:58:31 PM »

Rocky that is what I am trying to say. There is scripture for that too:

Acts 10:34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:

Galatians 6:10 As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.

Matthew 5:45-47

46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?

47And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?

48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Matthew 9:10-12

10 And it came to pass, as Jesus sat at meat in the house, behold, many publicans and sinners came and sat down with him and his disciples.

11 And when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto his disciples, Why eateth your Master with publicans and sinners?

12 But when Jesus heard that, he said unto them, They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick.

bobby

rocky

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2007, 03:19:31 PM »

Hi rocky,

I think someone knows that they are seeing the truth and overcoming sin.
I will say I understand things I never did before, I am able to resist temptations like never before.
I know I am not able to do any of these things, but by Him in me.
Paul referrs to those he was teaching as believers, brothers, and chosen.

1Th 1:4  For we know, brothers loved by God, that he has chosen you,

1Pe 2:7  So the honor is for you who believe, but for those who do not believe, "The stone that the builders rejected has become the cornerstone,"
v. 8  and "A stone of stumbling, and a rock of offense." They stumble because they disobey the word, as they were destined to do.
v. 9  But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.

I will also add, we may see that we are among the believers now, but we have to endure to the end.  Of this we have no guarantee, that we will remain faithful.

Rev 17:14  They will make war on the Lamb, and the Lamb will conquer them, for he is Lord of lords and King of kings, and those with him are called and chosen and faithful."

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

I agree.  I  know many believers/brothers who see their sin, and cry out for mercy for Christ to heal them, yet don't believe everything that Ray teaches, or for that matter haven't been enlightened yet to UR.  We are not special because we have had our eyes opened to UR, we are special because we see our sin, and our inability to overcome it, by the grace of God.     

I desire mercy not sacrifice.  That to me is the key.  When the light shines, and we have gotten to the end of self effort to gain rightiousness, and cry out for mercy; what a great place to be. 

hillsbororiver

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2007, 03:23:18 PM »

While it is true God is not a respector of persons and their works on their own merit He does love some more than others,

Mal 1:1  The burden of the word of the LORD to Israel by Malachi.

Mal 1:2  I have loved you, saith the LORD. Yet ye say, Wherein hast thou loved us? Was not Esau Jacob's brother?
saith the LORD: yet I loved Jacob,

Mal 1:3  And I hated Esau, and laid his mountains and his heritage waste for the dragons of the wilderness.

Rom 9:11  (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;)

Rom 9:12  It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.

Rom 9:13  As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

Rom 9:14  What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness93 with God? God forbid.

Rom 9:15  For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

This seems to say not all are loved equally in this age.

Joe

« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 03:24:22 PM by hillsbororiver »

rocky

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2007, 03:32:56 PM »

While it is true God is not a respector of persons and their works on their own merit He does love some more than others,

Mal 1:1  The burden of the word of the LORD to Israel by Malachi.

Mal 1:2  I have loved you, saith the LORD. Yet ye say, Wherein hast thou loved us? Was not Esau Jacob's brother?
saith the LORD: yet I loved Jacob,

Mal 1:3  And I hated Esau, and laid his mountains and his heritage waste for the dragons of the wilderness.

Rom 9:11  (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;)

Rom 9:12  It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.

Rom 9:13  As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

Rom 9:14  What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness93 with God? God forbid.

Rom 9:15  For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

This seems to say not all are loved equally in this age.

Joe

I think this comes down to relative versus absolute again. 

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 19 queries.