bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: And this too shall pass  (Read 8633 times)

Bradigans

Re: And this too shall pass
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2007, 04:15:21 PM »

Hi dear kat,

i think i understand where you're coming from when you say,
I don't think you can say we are a spirit, we are a living being made up of body and spirit to make a living soul.

Do you mean how it says in the Genesis account of God's creation when He said,
and he breathed into man the breath of life (God gave a piece of Himself St John 4:24) and man became (after the breathing of Spirit) a living soul.

James put it like this,
As the body without the spirit is dead, so is faith without works.

IN HIS LOVE,

Bradford

Kat

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2007, 05:16:52 PM »

Hi Bradford,

As I see it the breath of life in Gen. 2:7, is the same life/spirit that He gives all living creatures.

Now the Spirit in John 4, tho they both come from God, is not the same as the breath of life/spirit.

John 4:23  But the hour is coming, and is now here, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father is seeking such people to worship him.
v. 24 God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth."

In John 4:24, this spirit and truth is only given to those chosen few, it is the Holy Spirit/Comforter.

Joh 14:26  But the Comforter, the Holy Spirit whom the Father will send in My name, He shall teach you all things and bring all things to your remembrance, whatever I have said to you.

This Holy Spirit/Comforter is not given to the called, those preordained from the creation of the world are the only ones who will receive it in this life.

Eph 1:4  even as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before Him. In love v.5  He predestined us for adoption through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of His will, v.6  to the praise of His glorious grace, with which He has blessed us in the Beloved.

But I might add, any receiving the Spirit must remain faithful.  There would not have been the admonition to remain faithful if all do. 

Rev 17:14 ... And those with Him are the called and elect and faithful ones.

The no. 8 article in Ray's LoF series has a section in it on this matter.  I have an excerpt, but the article has much more about it.

http://bible-truths.com/lake8.html ---------------------------------------------------------------

FROM GLORY TO GLORY

We need to get very serious for a moment. Salvation culminates for the believer in the First Resurrection to spiritual life and immortality. However, before that time, during the life of each believer, there are warnings in the Scriptures about ways that one can become disqualified from being in the first resurrection. Let’s notice just a few of them:

"Wherefore let him that thinks he stands take heed LEST HE FALL" (I Cor. 11:4).

"But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should A CASTAWAY [Gk: disqualified]" (I Cor. 9:27).
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought I could give an simple answer and one thing lead to another.
Oh well hope this helps  :)

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

Jackie Lee

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2007, 11:04:24 PM »

Anne praying for you I know what it is like to not have patience that is another one of my weaknesses.
Do you ever feel as if you have been wandering in the desert?
I love the fact God is showing us things we need to know about ourselves.
Pride has been another one of my weaknesses.
 I was too prideful to even consider my weaknesses.
Once God shows us things it helps and it is humbling to say the least.
In his love.... Jackie

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2007, 01:27:07 AM »

Bradford,

Thanks for responding to this thread.  Your words of encouragement are priceless and such a blessing.

Kat,

As always, thanks providing such meat that I can naw <sic?> on to help me through this situation.

Jackie,

Yes, I would call this time a desert experience, but I know that there is an oasis in the midst of the desert, and that oasis is this forum and my brothers and sisters.  Thanks to all for being a refreshing spring that is welling up in my life, to where I am speechless and so grateful before the Father for all of you.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 20 queries.