bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where Are WE?  (Read 7448 times)

M_Oliver

Where Are WE?
« on: January 31, 2007, 10:16:17 PM »

Of whom we have many things to say, and hard to be uttered, seeing ye are dull of hearing.  (Hebrews 5:11 KJVR)

For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.  (Hebrews 5:12 KJVR)

For every one that useth milk is unskillfull in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.  (Hebrews 5:13 KJVR)

But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.  (Hebrews 5:14 KJVR)

Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,  (Hebrews 6:1 KJVR)

Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal {eonian} judgment.  (Hebrews 6:2 KJVR)

And this will we do, if God permit.  (Hebrews 6:3 KJVR)

Honestly, have we moved on?

longhorn

Re: Where Are WE?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007, 10:41:59 PM »

Every day.

Longhorn

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2007, 11:00:37 PM »

Trying to move on everyday.  Sometimes I take a step forward and a few back.  I'm just like my son learning how to walk.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

sansmile

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • my beautiful grandchildren
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2007, 09:45:44 AM »

Of whom we have many things to say, and hard to be uttered, seeing ye are dull of hearing.  (Hebrews 5:11 KJVR)

For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.  (Hebrews 5:12 KJVR)

For every one that useth milk is unskillfull in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.  (Hebrews 5:13 KJVR)

But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.  (Hebrews 5:14 KJVR)

Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,  (Hebrews 6:1 KJVR)

Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal {eonian} judgment.  (Hebrews 6:2 KJVR)

And this will we do, if God permit.  (Hebrews 6:3 KJVR)

Honestly, have we moved on?

Daily Oliver,
I look back and see how blind i was, the carnal man(woman) in me i battle with daily, but that battle is getting easier.

(Rom 7:18)  For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

(Rom 7:24)  O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

(Rom 7:25)  I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

(Rom 8:1)  There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

(Rom 8:2)  For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

All glory to God

Sandie
Walk in the Spirit

iris

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2007, 10:34:45 AM »

I am where God wants me to be.

I can see myself inching forward as time passes.

Iris

buddyjc

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2007, 11:54:32 AM »

I am where God wants me to be.

I can see myself inching forward as time passes.

Iris

Yes, we have a desire to move on, but we are powerless to do so without the working of the Spirit of Christ within us.

Joh 15:5  I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

So, yes I am right where God wants me at this time.

Brian

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2007, 12:10:01 PM »

Yes, we have a desire to move on, but we are powerless to do so without the working of the Spirit of Christ within us.

Joh 15:5  I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Brian

Brian,

Thank you for posting this.  I've noticed something that is a natural human response in everyone, including myself.  We start coming to a knowledge of truth and with that see where God wants us to end up, then "we" decide to move the process along and do it ourselves.  It will never work.  Oh, I can make it work for a time, I can make it appear to the others around me that it is working, but when the chips are down and God throws a little test our way we fail miserably.  Then the beast is ready to devour you and we walk away shaking our head and blaming others.

Why can't we accept where God wants us to be?  If we can accept that and allow God to work in us, before you know it we've come to the place we desired and it was with liitle work on our part.  Christ has taken the place of the beast.

We all probably desire to be "elect"  but that is Gods choice and we can't work our way there.  Who has the power to defeat the beast, except for Christ?

Blessings All

Craig

buddyjc

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2007, 12:15:45 PM »

Brian

Brian,

Thank you for posting this.  I've noticed something that is a natural human response in everyone, including myself.  We start coming to a knowledge of truth and with that see where God wants us to end up, then "we" decide to move the process along and do it ourselves.  It will never work.  Oh, I can make it work for a time, I can make it appear to the others around me that it is working, but when the chips are down and God throws a little test our way we fail miserably.  Then the beast is ready to devour you and we walk away shaking our head and blaming others.

Why can't we accept where God wants us to be?  If we can accept that and allow God to work in us, before you know it we've come to the place we desired and it was with liitle work on our part.  Christ has taken the place of the beast.

We all probably desire to be "elect"  but that is Gods choice and we can't work our way there.  Who has the power to defeat the beast, except for Christ?

Blessings All

Craig

The word for the day is 'PATIENCE.'

Love to you Craig.

rocky

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2007, 01:11:33 PM »

my question is why do I always look to measure my progress by behavior, or by doing this or that?  Is that the carnal in me, looking for a measurement, or is that how we are supposed to be. 

Where does relationship come in?   

« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 01:12:41 PM by rocky »

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2007, 01:15:19 PM »

Craig,

Thanks for posting your post. 

Rocky,

I believe that I can answer your first question.  I believe it is human to look at progress and how much we have made.  God looks instead at us as his beloved children.  I do not think he sees as defined by our progress made of lack thereof. 

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

jennie

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2007, 02:42:14 PM »

I am like Anne's little one... I take a few steps forward and make it or I fall on my tush! It's a good thing that God keeps helping me back up again.! Love to ya'll, Jennie

gmik

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2007, 05:26:59 PM »

Rocky, I think we THINK too much!

This week I got my feelings hurt at work and by golly I am just gonna retire.  So I talked to my superintendent, some other teachers who want to retire, and if there were 4 of us they would give us a nice buy-out packet.  I was going for it.  Well, my hubby bout panicked and we crunched # and figured I'd have to work about 3 more years >:(  So I was visibly upset and wouldn't talk to him (how dare he forbid me to retire!).  So, I got out a prayer from the forum that I had printed off.  I just repeated and repeated....not my will but thine...it is not time right now, thank you Lord for showing me, help me rest in this,....not what I want..etc etc....the next AM I was able to be kind to my hubby and keep a smile on at work and when I got home my hub & I had a good laugh about it all.

Where are We????  Well, in my little corner of the world that was a biggie for me.  In the past I wouldn't have asked I would do what I want and face the music later. 

Tyranny of the Urgent!!!!!  Never ever do anything quickly that is a life changing event.  Or "Oh I've got to buy it RIGHT NOW cuz it won't be there tomorrow"-yes it will if God wants you to have it. 

Anyway, I don't know who to trust really at work now, who is the tattler???Hmmm.  So I am going to smile, be friendly, but shut my door and shut my mouth.

love,
gena

brothertoall

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2007, 05:51:17 PM »

Gena bless your heart. I to have a place where I can go and shut the door and be left alone.

The only thing is I will be retiring here in the next month or so and I am going to work part time some where else.

I have been at this job of mine since I was 16 years old so I will let you do the math. I am now 49 and will be 50 in october.

I am no longer happy here and since the promotion fell through I am as far as I can possibly go.

Oh I could go back to school and work my way up the ranks in another area here but I would like to enjoy my retirement befor I turn 102.

God bless you in all you do Gena and it matters not where you are you are always going to have those kind.

bobby

gmik

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2007, 10:40:45 PM »

thank you bobby.

i hope your new stage in life will be great.  you know what?  it's gonna be great for both of us. :D

love,
gena

brothertoall

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2007, 10:22:14 AM »

Thank you Gena. I have alot of planning and thinking to do and am going to striaghten out my financial situation and that part is going very well.

Gena I pray that God will bless you in a special way concerning your job and situation.

Love to you my friend,

bobby
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 22 queries.