bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hell  (Read 5224 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Hell
« on: February 01, 2007, 04:39:41 PM »

Do the words torture, everlasting torment, an unquenchable fire, appear in your Bible?  If so why can't you believe that there is a literal Hell?  If you can't agree that there is a place of eternal punishment, how can you believe there is a place of eternal reward?  You cannot have one without the other.  I fear your teachings may cause a picking and choosing - a very dangereous way to interpret scripture.

Ricky
    Athens, GA

Dear Ricky:
    I am sure that to you, everything that you have stated above seems perfectly logical, factual, and Scriptural, when in fact, nothing you have said is actual, factual, or Scriptural.

No, the word "torture" does not appear in most Bibles.

No, the words "everlasting" torment does NOT appear in ANY Greek or Hebrew manuscripts from which ALL bibles are translated.

No, an "unquenchable" fire is NOT an "eternal" fire. An unquenchable fire is one that is not quenched, but may certainly go out of itself when there is nothing left to burn, as in Jude 7 the "eternal fire" NO LONGER BURNS in Sodom.

No, there is not a single verse of Scripture that promises either an "eternal" punishment OR AN 'eternal" reward. All rewards are "eonain/aionios"--age-abiding, and not "eternal." But we do receive life that never ends based on the fact that we will receive "immortality--death-less-ness," and not based on any version of Scripture that promises "eternal" life.

Maybe if you would read rather than condemn my writings, you would learn something.

God be with you,
    Ray
« Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 11:29:44 AM by Kat »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 22 queries.