bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Radio Shack Q & A  (Read 8023 times)

hillsbororiver

Radio Shack Q & A
« on: February 01, 2007, 05:29:30 PM »

Ever been to a Radio Shack? They really do ask for just about everything possible even when buying a dollar or two worth of stuff.

Radio Shack Q and A

Do these guys at Radio Shack ever get on your nerves, asking you for a bunch of personal data when you're just there to buy something as simple as a couple AA batteries? I think we should inconvenience these people as much as they do us. A while ago I was in Enid buying a printer cable adaptor and the guy asked me for my name.

"Ghosseindhatsghabyfaird-johnson" I replied

(blank look of confusion)

"How do you spell that?" he asked, obviously not wanting to know.

"With a hyphen" I clarified

"Once more?" he asked

"Ghosseindhatsghabyfaird-johnson"

"Could you please spell that?" he asked, glancing at the half dozen people waiting behind me.

"Oh... just like it sounds." I said nonchalantly.

Putting down "Johnson", he went on and asked about the address.

"Washburn, Wisconsin, 14701 N.E. Wachatanoobee Parkway, Complex 3, Building O, Appt. 1382b" I replied.

Almost through writing all this down, I said "Or did you mean current address?"

Stopping, he said (becoming irritated) "Yes. Current address."

"Diluthian Heights, Mississippi, 1372 S. Tinatonabee Avenue, Building 14C, Suite 2, Box 138201." I replied quite slowly.

Waiting until he finished I said "No, wait, it's NORTH Tinatonabee Avenue." Annoyed, he backed up and changed it.

"I think." I interjected.

"And is all this correct?" he asked in a standard manner.

"Of course not." I replied, leaving, "If you want my REAL name and address, look at the darned credit card receipt."

A little mean, I must admit, but no jury would convict me... At least, none that had been to Radio Shack.

gmik

Re: Radio Shack Q & A
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007, 05:38:47 PM »

;D ;D ;D

longhorn

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2007, 06:02:59 PM »

Thats funny, but very true,the Radio Shack here in Titus county went out of business last year, but it use to be a headache to go in there.  The couple of times I did though, when I got to the counter to check out, and the guy started the "Personal info" stuff, I just started to groan, grab my stomach, and explain to him that I have some of the hottest, most obnoxious smelling diarrhea known to man, and that I need to use his restroom.  It seemed to speed up the process.

Love in Christ

Longhorn

a_child_of_God

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2007, 07:54:50 PM »

Longhorn,

That is SOOOOOO funny!!!!! I'm in stitches. My hubby would have no problem using that idea. His bowels never seem to agree

Kat

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2007, 08:26:30 PM »

Thanks Longhorn,

I needed that  ;D

I've been way too serious lately.

mercy, peace, amd love
Kat

DWIGHT

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2007, 09:36:27 PM »

Longhorn,

Remind me not to go shopping with you! ;D ;D ;D

Dwight

iris

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2007, 09:59:46 PM »

hehehehehe  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Iris

jennie

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2007, 11:33:33 PM »

Longhorn I am going to try your idea someday. The other day I got the zillioneth phone call from a telemarketer. Ya'll forgive me if any of you work in telemarketing. I let them go through their spiel and then said "Do you know who I am? I mean who I really am?" They said my name and I told them that was my earthly name and that I came from a twin galaxy that had not yet been discovered. I told her that I visited earth frequently but that I lived in a castle in the other galaxy. She then said," So when would be a good time for us to come and install your satellite service. You won't be billed for 3 months." I said "Satellite???? Oh that is still used here on your planet?" She then said " Maybe you should talk to my supervisor". I agreed but no one picked up! I was fed up that day and the poor salesperson bore the brunt. In all honesty ... we did get a good laugh out of it! Jennie

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2007, 12:43:55 AM »

Longhorn,

I hate Radio Shack and do not business with them.  I am half tempted to go and visit a store so that I can do this to them.   ;D

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

hillsbororiver

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2007, 09:26:47 AM »

A duck goes into Radio Shack and asks for a capacitor.
"Charge it?" asks the clerk.
"Nah, put it on my bill." says the duck.

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2007, 10:11:46 AM »

;D ;D

Kat

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2007, 11:00:47 AM »

Why jennie, hehehe  ;D

Who would have thought our sweet jenny would have pulled a prank like that.
I've always wanted to come up with something to deal with the annoyance,
and yours was a good one. 
Thanks for the laugh.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

jennie

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2007, 11:17:43 AM »

Now ya'll know I have some little horns hiding behind my hair!!!! Love, Jennie

DWIGHT

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2007, 02:41:58 PM »

You mean there's a beast in sweet Jennie too?   ;D ;D ;D ::)

Love ya,

Dwight

rk12201960

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2007, 05:47:53 PM »

lol  ;D ;D ;D great humor thanks guys

gmik

« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2007, 12:23:03 AM »

;D
I thought that about Jennie too.    Not our sweet Jennie!

love,
gena

jennie

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2007, 10:06:44 PM »

Sometimes that old beast gets so big I have to call in a dragon slayer just to tame him down!!! Love, Jennie

seeker1

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2007, 09:26:10 PM »

I know that can be irritating, but try to remember, the employees are forced to do that as per company directives. Most employees HATE to do it. The policy makes the employees an easy target for people who are frustrated and fed up with life's 101 daily irritations. I had a friend who was a manager at Radio Shack about 20 yrs ago. I asked him about the personal info policy... Try to put yourself in the place of the  overworked and underpaid staff. Do something loving and kind, call or e-mail Radio Shack Marketing Dept. and unload on THEM. THOSE people ARE paid to deal with irritated customers!! Next time it happens try saying, "I know Radio Shack requires you to gather this data, but I never give out personal data unless required by law. Please annotate a customer refusal." If the employee gets huffy then maybe give out the name of the President or First Lady and an address of "1600 Pennsylvania Ave. Washington DC."    Remember, any kindness you show to another one of God's beloved creatures will surely be repaid a thousand times over..

Kat

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2007, 11:03:23 PM »

Hi seeker,

I happen to be checking the threads I have not read,
and noticed your first post with us.
I'm glad you have joined in  :)
Tho we sometimes joke about things here on off topic, your point is well taken.
We should always show consideration for those working in jobs that serve the public.
I have 2 teenagers working as part time cashiers, while in school, people can be so rude.
It is interesting that they say, without question the rudest are those coming in after church on Sunday  :-\

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

gmik

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2007, 11:09:04 PM »

I used to always get ticked when the speaker guy would say "Want fries w/ that?"   NO I would have asked blah blah blah....my kids would be embarrassed and be afraid they might spit in our food.   Welll....then when my kids got jobs at the fast food they learned that they HAD to ask that!
So I don't let that bug me anymore!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 20 queries.