bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tithing  (Read 4631 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Tithing
« on: February 02, 2007, 08:57:04 AM »

Dear Reader:
I will make some COMMENTS in you email........

It always fascinates me just how much this topic is debated... interesting that it comes under attack more then most other sections of scripture... is that possibly because people have made money their god instead of God... or do they simply not trust God to provide all over their needs... Or is it that satan wants to deny God's people the blessings that are attached to following Biblical Principals.

COMMENT:  You statements are broad assumptions that certainly do not address the reason why tithing is not a Christian doctrine. One of the main reasons I have exposed this most damnable heresy of the Church is because of the unbelievable burden it puts on poor people, senior citizens, and those on fixed incomes who sacrifice food and medicine to pay their tithes. It is Satan who has deceived the clergy and the Church, not the poor widows who cannot afford to give ten percent of their meager social security check to fraudulent church tax collectors.

I am not a huge Bible scholar however from what I understand in Mat 23:23

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier [matters] of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Jesus is not saying that they shouldn't have been tithing he is saying that yes they should be tithing but they need to be paying attention to weighter matters of the law as well like judgment, mercy and faith... Both need to be done.

COMMENT:  No, "both" do not "need to be done." You are wrong. Things of judgment, faith and mercy need to be done, however tithing in the New Covenant Church absolutely does not "need to be done." Jesus was addressing Pharisees under the Old Covenant law of Moses. They still had a Levitic Priesthood and a Temple. NONE of the three exists today:  There is NO Old Covenant binding on Christians; there is NO Levitic priesthood, as ALL BELIEVERS are now priests (I Pet. 2:9); and there is NO temple where the tithes were to be brought.

Something you may like to think about that scripture says 2 Cor 9:7

Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, [so let him give]; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.

COMMENT :  No, YOU need to think about it. Do you see the words "cheerful TITHE-PAYER" in that verse?  Yes, we are to "give," but we are not under a ten percent tithing law on our MONEY.  Money was never a tithable commodity.

I do believe this is saying that you don't HAVE to God isn't saying if you don't your going to hell he wants a cheerful giver someone who wants to give... a gift demanded is no gift at all.

Even secular business people know that it is a good financial principal to give 10% to the needy... and they receive the blessing

COMMENT:  Giving money to the poor has absolutely NOTHING to do with "tithing," so why bring it up? One can give 5% or 25% to the poor, but it still IS NOT TITHING. I pay my taxes and utility bills, but THAT IS NOT TITHING either.

It also is interesting that people complain about the 10% tithe... but they are completely ignorant of the 2nd and 3rd tithe not to mention first fruits, vows, alms and offerings

COMMENT:  Not one of these has ANYTHING to do with New Testament "tithing." Likewise the New Testament knows nothing of these laws under the Old Covenant. Voluntary offerings are the ONLY thing that is taught under the New Covenant Church of Christ.

I pray that God blesses you abundantly and gives you revelation into truth and life.

Bless You

PS I am not a Pastor, I am a single Mum and I do not give out of fear that God wont accept me or love me nor do I give out of fear of being cursed, I give with a desire to bless the heart of God... And yes I have had weeks where I have had no money to give and I have felt total peace about not giving and not felt condemned in any way shape or form.

COMMENT:  Once more, none of these things have anything to do with the Old Testament Law of tithing.

God be with you,

Ray

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 22 queries.