bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tax Time  (Read 4488 times)

SandyFla

Tax Time
« on: February 06, 2007, 11:43:59 AM »

Since it's time to start think about doing our taxes, here are a couple things to ponder:

TAX COLORS
     A Dutchman was explaining the red, white and blue Netherland's flag to an American.
     "Our flag is symbolic of our taxes. We get red when we talk about them, white when we get our tax bills and blue after we pay them."
     The American nodded. "It's the same in the USA, only we see stars, too!"

IRS
As income tax time approaches, did you ever notice:
When you put the two words “the” and “IRS” together, it spells “THEIRS.”

ChuckH

Re: Tax Time
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 01:40:25 PM »

This will be my first tax experience after having my eyes opened concerning tithing.  I sure will miss that tax deduction (which is a great tool used by the church).   ::)

The good news is that I will be completely out of debt by the middle of the summer!  That wouldn't have happend if the church continued to gain the first 10%.  It might have been several years before I would have been out of debt (if ever).

Thanks Ray for providing the material to open my eyes!!!!!

hillsbororiver

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 01:44:45 PM »

A businessman on his deathbed called his friend and said, "Bill, I want you to promise me that when I die you will have my remains cremated."

"And what," his friend asked, "Do you want me to do with your ashes?"

The businessman said, "Just put them in an envelope and mail them to the Internal Revenue Service and write on the envelope, "Now you have everything."

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2007, 02:39:59 PM »

To All,

Be in prayer for me as I cannot used the 1040EZ form any more.  We have to do the 1040 Long form.  I am sure that the tax books and W2's will be thrown at the wall several times in the next few days.   ;D

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

PKnowler

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2007, 07:04:50 PM »

That's very funny Sandy! Thanks!

:D  :D  :D  :D

~Paula

gmik

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2007, 10:39:56 PM »

Yikes!  Our first time w/o our tithe deduction too, chuck.  The Lord will provide!!  It has been more fun giving to people as the Lord leads, than paying our 'Bill" to the church.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 21 queries.