bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Prayer Request - Left church  (Read 6617 times)

keys2heaven

Prayer Request - Left church
« on: February 06, 2007, 12:12:06 PM »

Hi all. For some time now, I have been reading Ray's teachings. Since day one of reading,I felt pricked in my heart that there has to be more to being a Christian than just all of the doctrine that most churches want to you be in lockstep with. The church I attend has gone through some major changes just within the last couple of weeks and has me questioning whether or not we truly adhere to God's word in times of crisis. I won't go into detail, but suffice it to say that it is has been hard on many people.

For me, it was just one more thing that I felt God was revealing to me in order to start pulling back. So, I wrote our senior Pastor and announced that I was withdrawing my membership from the Church. I just want to be known as a Christian, not a Nazarene, Methodist, Baptist, etc...

Since doing this, I've already started to feel the "brotherly love" from the rest of the congregation. One individual has expressed their disappointment, but understands. I sure hope that I don't get the cold shoulder because I'm not "one of them" anymore.

My wife at this time hasn't felt the need to withdraw, but she's not happy either.

I would just like to ask for prayer that God will put us where we need to be.

hillsbororiver

Re: Prayer Request - Left church
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 01:22:20 PM »

I have seen my wife struggle as she begins to question her church, I did not have a problem whatsoever with leaving, I actually never felt like I belonged in the first place, but that is a whole other story.

You and your wife are in my prayers as the Lord leads you through this, may your eyes and ears be open to Him as your knowledge and understanding is sure to increase.

His Peace and Wisdom to you Brother,

Joe

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 02:43:59 PM »

keys2heaven,

I will be praying for you.  It is never easy to leave comfort zones.  May God bless you and YOurs with discernment and guidance.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

Bradigans

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2007, 03:51:32 PM »

i believe your prayer request should be for God to put you where you need to be. 1 Corinthians 7:15 - But if the unbelieving depart, let him depart. A brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases: but God hath called us to peace.

Matthew 19:5 - And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh? Mark 10:9 - What therefore God hath joined together (THROUGH THE WORD CHRIST), let not man put asunder.

Matthew 19:29 - And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.

IN HIS LOVE,

Bradford     

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2007, 05:35:44 PM »

I believe that God has got you exactly where He wants you....
....that He is dragging you out!

It is a process!

Praise and thank God!

Peace and His comfort and Grace be to you

Arcturus :)

PKnowler

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2007, 10:12:09 PM »

Hi all. For some time now, I have been reading Ray's teachings. Since day one of reading,I felt pricked in my heart that there has to be more to being a Christian than just all of the doctrine that most churches want to you be in lockstep with. The church I attend has gone through some major changes just within the last couple of weeks and has me questioning whether or not we truly adhere to God's word in times of crisis. I won't go into detail, but suffice it to say that it is has been hard on many people.

For me, it was just one more thing that I felt God was revealing to me in order to start pulling back. So, I wrote our senior Pastor and announced that I was withdrawing my membership from the Church. I just want to be known as a Christian, not a Nazarene, Methodist, Baptist, etc...

Since doing this, I've already started to feel the "brotherly love" from the rest of the congregation. One individual has expressed their disappointment, but understands. I sure hope that I don't get the cold shoulder because I'm not "one of them" anymore.

My wife at this time hasn't felt the need to withdraw, but she's not happy either.

Hi Keys,

Welcome to the BT forum! Good for you that you don't want to bear any other titles besides Christian. God be with you as you seek to follow Him. It is good to out from under being spoonfed corrupt teaching. This Board is a great place for online fellowship.

Bless you,
Paula

keys2heaven

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2007, 11:29:09 PM »

Thanks to all who have responded. I feel that I am in good company in these forums.

Keep my wife in prayer...

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2007, 02:48:38 AM »

keys,

Ahhhh, the Tchaikovsky concerto no. 1 is so nice <wakes up>.  Sorry thought that tought out loud.  But the reason that I post that thought, please listen to that recording if you have not already heard it.  There is so much tension in the piece and yet it resolves to something so much grander and so well sublime.  The piece goes from a theme that is stated so softly sometimes to one that is magnificently thundered out by the time you get to the end of the first movement and finally unto the third.  It is a piece filled with many transitions of darkness and light, that finally resolves into the glorious 3rd movement.

This was all said, that I am being led to say, so it will be with your wife and you as you continue to walk the path of truth.  Please listen to it, and let me know what you think.

NOTE:  I am a piano/vocal performance major as well as a mathematics major, and much what I post I see and can relate through my music and such. 

God Bless you and Your wife and all that is yours.

Welcome aboard.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

hebrewroots98

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2007, 02:31:18 PM »

Keys,
I can relate totally with what you are going through!  You see, at this very time last year, God had pulled ME out of 'the church' slowly enough (for me not not get a broken heart from having to say a formal 'goodbye' to all there whom I loved so much (since 'goodbyes' are so tough for me), whereas, while I kept making excuses as to why I couldn't go, my dear husband stayed on for several more months before he left for good.  And I can truly tell you that had we never left, God would never have shown us these deeper truths (BT, LOF series).  We could'nt understand what exactly it was that HE was trying to show us or where HE wanted us to be or where HE wanted us to go, but, all of the pieces started showing a much better picture than what we had ever seen before. And, here we are, a year later and  ...as Paula says...'ALL IS GOOD'! Even though alot of our 'friends' loved us only b/c we believed as they believed (doctrinally.) lol :'( 

(Last year I would stay at home from 'going to church' just so I could read the Bible Truths' web site.)  The info at BT had set us free slowly; until we as a family had finally 'come out of her my people' (out of the church).  God did an awesome spiritual transition in our lives by taking us out of there before HE replaced this new info/rtruth within us; It's as if HE wanted us emptied of that stale spiritual food that we had been getting before HE would fill us up with the truth!  Ha, there is really no comparison now that I can look back.  HE is so smooth and calculated and pefect in HIS timing within each of our lives. :D

Our 'church' too was going through some major changes; only they were 'bucking' what God was trying to show them, so times got tough for all of us and sadly they are spiritually the same, no changes, no progress.  You are correct when you say that you don't want to be called all of those prior names that every denominatin goes by; same here; we are just BELEIVERS.  (We had asked the top 4 'leaders' as to what type of denomination they called this and all four had extremely different answers for that simple question, thus... no unity iun the leadership.)  But, my dear friend, do not be surprised if you do get the cold shoulder; which I hope you don't get.  (We had relationships with those members from anywhere from 25 yrs and 10yrs and less; and to this very day...not one of them is in out life!!!  Maybe time will change that, but, there is no more unity with them.  (Even this disapointment was still all in Gods' plans for me and my family!)  You see, Truth will put enmity between you and those whom  have only a 'form ' of Godliness.   I think that this is the 'natural' consequence that occurs between those who are searching for truth with all of their hearts and those whom are not wanting to change and conform to HIS ways.)  If this happens to you Keys, just know that God had planned that to happen aforetime and that HE as well as your new spiritual family (here at BT) are here for you at all times! ;))

The HOLY SPIRIT is a gentlleman (if you will) ;), HE will not give a person anymore than you are wanting when it comes to the truth.  He will not force anything on someone that they do not want or that they are not ready for; so, as for your wife; she will leave in GODs' timing,( usally when she sees more truth elsewhere than where she is currently.)

My prayers are with you friend! :)

PKnowler

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2007, 08:37:25 PM »

Hey Susan thanks for saying what I was too shy to say and that is  "Keys don't be surprised if you do get the cold shoulder."

Keys, I would be surprised if you didn't. It can get lonely sometimes if you don't have a fellowship of people to meet with but you can always fellowship online. I wouldn't trade fellowshipping in Spirit and in Truth verses the lies being taught in church for nothing.
There is so much freedom when you can break away from Orthodox teaching and understand the Truths that Ray teaches.

Let us know how it's going with you. You are in my prayers!

Blessings, Paula

gmik

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2007, 10:34:19 PM »

When we left a church, it felt like a divorce...I hurt for years really.  NO ONE from that fellowship ever had anything to do w/ us anymore.

When we left our last one last July solely based on the truths here at BT, NO ONE called either, funny, this time I haven't cared less.  (or is it care less?)

One difference tho is the last church is a mega-church, but we still did know people and all the pastors (9) knew us by name!

I have more fellowship and teaching here than I have had in the last 30 years of church going!

longhorn

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2007, 10:56:58 PM »

When I was "daragged" out of the denomination I was in, it was really not that big of a deal, most of the people there didn't really like me, and vice versa.  I tend to say whats on my mind without trying to sugar booger coat anything, that rubs alot of people the wrong way.  Oh well..

Longhorn

hebrewroots98

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2007, 08:07:10 PM »

AMEN PAULA AND GENA.

keys2heaven

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2007, 12:13:10 PM »

I had to mention this. I received in the mail yesterday, a certificate, A CERTIFICATE stating that I was "released" from membership from my church. Can you believe it? Did they want me to frame it?

Thank goodness for my shredder.

PKnowler

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2007, 12:21:17 PM »

That's hilarious Keys! I've never heard of getting a certificate to be released from Church before. ???

Yeah, I would frame it! That way you will remember what you came out of! LOL  :D

How exciting! The old is "officially" past! You are on a NEW adventure!

Blessings to you!  ;)

~Paula   :)

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2007, 12:25:02 PM »

That is so wierd Keys. Maybe they expect to still get some guilt money from you in tithes ;D.... They have really lost all soundness of mind!

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2007, 01:26:27 PM »

Keys,

I would frame the shredded pieces.  Now that was funny.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

gmik

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2007, 12:10:40 PM »

Keys, I hope you don't feel too bad.  It is kinda funny about that certificate, but it proves to me how self-important those places feel.  Self-righteousness is a serious offense-Jesus spent most of His time dealing w/ the Pharisees about it.  Most of today's churches are modern day Pharisees.

I have to remember all the time not to be self-righteous when I think I know more than them.  "I" didn't have anything to do w/ it.  "I" still could be sitting in one of those "places".  It was God in His Grace & Mercy that dragged me out and led me here.

i am so Glad God has shown you some truth and led you here.  All in God's timing for your wife.

To Longhorn:   NO,  I can't believe you were too out spoken for your church!! :D

hebrewroots98

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2007, 03:11:01 AM »

Keys,
Churches are now giving out CERTIFICATES for leaving the church??? ???   ???  ~simply amazing~!  (Maybe you should send that certificate back to them and also send them  a pix of yourself and explain to them that the New Church that Jesus had spoken of is not built with hands and that this (your body) is the church/Temple that Jesus was referring to!  Tell them that you cannot leave YOURSELF/the church since YOU are the church where Gods'spirit resides.)  LOL ;) ::)

iris

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2007, 10:43:32 AM »

Hi Keys,

Welcome to the forum!

Ephesians 1:11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance,
being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh
all things after the counsel of his own will;

You and your wife are in my prayers.

Iris
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 20 queries.