bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hesitant  (Read 6157 times)

jennie

Hesitant
« on: February 06, 2007, 12:26:31 PM »

I have been hesitant to post because of whatever problems arose last week on the forum. I don't want to speak when I shouldn't. I have been in contact with Bobby and I am posting this to relay a message from him.... he wanted ya'll to know he loves each of you... moderators too! I still don't know exactly what happened and don't really need to know. All I do know is that I hope things can get back to normal and that we will be encouraging and loving towards each other. I don't have a quarter of the knowledge many others do and I know I can't write something correctly that would fix everything that has happened but I want ya'll to know I love you very much. I think God has called me to love and not judge. Jennie

hillsbororiver

Re: Hesitant
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 01:16:19 PM »

Hi Jennie,

This is not a complicated matter, if we do our best to follow the rules of the Forum there should not be an issue, if there is a question or if something seems to be in a gray area please PM a moderator, if you have a disagreement with something Ray wrote e-mail him directly letting him know you are a member of the Forum.

If a moderator asks you to cool off on a particular subject please consider what he or she is asking and why it is important to have guidelines in place. We had a thread going in the recent past that opened up all kinds of doors and some of you received some rather objectionable PM's and e-mails as a direct result.

The moderators are not only concerned about the active posting members but also the non posting members and all the guests who visit here daily and some for the very first time after "stumbling" onto Bible Truths. Is it too much to use discernment and temperence when posting (keeping our guests in mind) or communicating with a moderator?

We are not going to please everybody, I get PM's stating we are too leniant and then the same day I get PM's saying we are too restrictive, who is lying? Nobody. It is a matter of perception, the moderators are only here to try to keep the Forum functioning as intended, primarily a place for like minded folks to discuss Ray's articles and related subjects.

If we all agree on the purpose of this Forum and give an honest effort in doing our part as individuals we should have relatively few problems, perfection is not possible in this life.

No one is above the rules and no one gets restricted or banned without warnings first, if the warnings are ignored or argued and accusations are hurled at those giving the cautionary warnings then action must be taken, otherwise this Forum will descend into chaos.

I hope this clarifies where we are coming from and that we as a group are in agreement.

His Peace to all of you,

Joe 

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 02:46:24 PM »

Joe,

Thanks very much for posting this post as the threads locked recently did threaten to tear the forum apart.

This post will serve to remove a bunch of questions and doubts that I am sure we all have.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2007, 05:38:22 PM »

Excellent clarification Joe!  I appreciate all that is done to maintain a spiritually sound place to fellowship.

Rene'

PKnowler

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2007, 06:13:20 PM »

Thanks for clarifying that Joe. I'm glad to know that we are given warnings before we are banned from the board.
Thanks for all you do in moderating this board! I'm sure it can't be easy. And you can't please all the people all the time.
 I had read a post that Bobby had left. I was sorry to hear that. I figured it had something to do with the fall out last week.
Whatever happened I pray that Bobby can be restored. I know he loves you guys.

~Paula
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 06:15:25 PM by PKnowler »

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2007, 02:54:28 AM »

Paula,

I too stand in prayer that Bobby may be restored when the time is right.  All things happen for a reason, and I know that in the end we will fellowship with Bobby again whether in this forum or in eternity.  We all win no matter what.  :)

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

gmik

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2007, 02:16:30 PM »

Thanks Joe.

jennie

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2007, 06:42:20 PM »

Thank you for clearing my hesitation up! We are all human and boy are we flawed! I wrote a while back about when I was a kid getting so mad at my brother I couldn't stand it! I just wanted to go upside his head sometimes and the times I did my Mama stepped in. Now don't get me wrong... I have always loved my brother and would protect him from anyone else but I could get mad at him and no one else could! One of the worst things my Mama came up with as punishment was to plop each of us on each end of the couch. We were country kids and hated being in the house anywway. She would tell us that we had to sit there until we were ready to hug one another, say I'm sorry and that we loved each other! I would beg for a whipping instead so I wouldn't have to do that! Mama didn't go to college but she was pretty smart! Sometimes I still want to go upside his head even though he is 6'1" and I am 5'3"!

Well, I rambled on through that to say we aren't so different from me and my brother. We aren't always be in 100% agreement and may even need to "sit on our end of the couch" for a little bit. That doesn't mean the love does not exist because it does. There are so many on this forum that have so much knowledge of things and I benefit from it....learning from ya'll and all. There are so many that come from all around the world, places I will never get to see but I can read your posts and imagine how it may be in that part of the world. There are so many that God has given hearts the size of Texas to show compassion and care. There is a lot of good here and I know the guests will benefit from the good. Much love to all, Jennie

hebrewroots98

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2007, 07:29:36 PM »

"THEY WILL KNOW THAT YOU ARE MY DESCIPLES BY THE LOVE THEY HAVE FOR ONE ANOTHER"... that is what it is all about for our guests as well as what we share together on this forum :D

YellowStone

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2007, 12:59:30 PM »

Jennie, What a wonderful story about sitting on each end of the couch. :)

I think we can all relate to what you are saying to a certain degree. Pride is the enemy of love and compassion.

There is no way around it.

Love to you,
Darren

jennie

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2007, 01:08:23 PM »

For ya'll who have children... that couch thing is a very effective punishment. At least after a few of those sesions me and my bro. had an agreement that we would just go upside each other's head and not let Mama know it. Somehow though, she always did. Mmmmmmmmmmm?????? Maybe it was Mama radar,! What do ya'll think. Much love, Jennie

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2007, 01:13:56 PM »

Jennie,

That was a cute and poingnant story about the couch.  I am blessed with one child, but if that changes becuase it is God's will, I certianly will remember to do this when my children get to arguing.  Thanks for sharing.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 23 queries.