bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Junk Food Reveals Your Personality  (Read 14643 times)

SandyFla

Junk Food Reveals Your Personality
« on: February 07, 2007, 01:21:32 PM »

The following is taken from http://webcenters.netscape.compuserve.com/homerealestate/package.jsp?name=fte/junkfood/junkfood

If I eat pretzels, does that really mean I'm a flirt? Dr. Alan Hirsch from the Smell and Taste Treatment and Research Foundation in Chicago says so. He conducts research into a branch of psychology called "hedonics," which deals with pleasant and unpleasant feelings.

Hirsch conducted an eight-year study with 800 volunteers and claims the results show that people's snack food preferences reveal their personality type, reports the CBS News "Early Show." (Yes, you may laugh, but Hirsch is serious about this.)

He says the link between food preferences and personality is much like a Rorschach ink blot test long used by psychologists for insight into personality.

This is the true meaning of all that junk food you eat:

* Pretzels mean you're a flirt and you're very lively and energetic.
* Cheese curls mean you have great integrity and maintain a high moral ground.
* Potato chips mean you are aggressive, a real go-getter who will not take no for an answer.
* Tortilla chips mean you're a perfectionist. An "A" is not good enough for you. It has to be an "A+."
* Beef jerky means you're the life of the party. You're outgoing and gregarious.

rrammfcitktturjsp

Re: Junk Food Reveals Your Personality
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2007, 01:55:50 PM »

Sandy,

Interesting though.  Thanks.

What about chocholate?  I eat none of the following junk food on a regular basis, except chochoalte, which I do not consider as junk food, and that reminds me I do have chochoalte.  <leaves room to get some.>

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

iris

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2007, 05:34:44 PM »

I can't believe they spent eight years studying this.  ::)

I wonder how much money the government gave them for it?  :-\

I don't eat beef jerky. It taste alright, but its so tough I can't chew it up.  :D

As for the rest, I only eat them with meals. If I have a hamburger, I sometimes have Potato chips
with it. Or if I make some Bean or Taco dip, I use tortilla chips to scoop up the dip with, and I use
cheese on and with all kinds of foods.

Anne, I loooooove chocolate too. I can do all kinds of things with chocolate  :o I put it in my
oatmeal (after its cooked), it taste like chocolate pudding. I put powered coco in my yogurt.
Pina Colada is the best, but its good in other flavors too  ;D And have you ever had chocolate
gravy?  :o  ;D

Iris

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2007, 05:52:12 PM »

Iris,

I have not tried chocholate gravy, but I will try it as soon as opportunity presents itself.  Lovely idea.  I like the chocholate in my oatmeal though.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

PKnowler

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2007, 06:55:48 PM »

Ok, what I want to know is if they were doing a hedonistic study then why is Chocolate not on the list?
None of the things listed tempt me. Like Iris I may eat them with a meal but not usually for a snack. Ok I eat
beef jerky sometimes aside from a meal.

Iris and Anne I think you are taking this hedonistic thing to far! Chocolate in your oatmeal?
Iris you put chocolate in your Pina Coloda yogurt? Surely that's a crime in the tropics!
Chocolate gravy, what would you put that on? I'm afraid to ask! ha ha

Interesting Sandy, Thanks!

~Paula  :D

jennie

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2007, 06:59:39 PM »

Down south, we make chocolate gravy that is put over buttered biscuits! Jennie

PKnowler

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2007, 07:06:37 PM »

Down south, we make chocolate gravy that is put over buttered biscuits! Jennie

Is the chocolate gravy made with animal fat or clean butter?
It makes a difference whether it sounds good or not.

~Paula

jennie

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2007, 07:34:58 PM »

We make chocolate gravy with butter and what some folks call" sawmill gravy" with the bacon or sausage drippings. Jennie

p.s. buttered biscuits are good too with fresh honey. We get ours from a bee keep up in the north end of the county. We don't buy it at the grocery store.

PKnowler

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2007, 07:41:05 PM »

No thanks Jennie, I'll pass.  :P

~Paula

iris

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2007, 08:59:49 PM »

I like fresh honey on hot buttered biscuits also. The honey you buy out of the grocery store
has corn syrup added to it. It isn't pure honey like you get from the farmers that have their
own bee hives.

Homemade apple butter is real good on hot buttered biscuits too.  ;D  :o

iris

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2007, 09:18:13 PM »

Chocholate yuuuummmmmyyyyy.

Well I sure do hope that there's plenty in heaven.   ;D

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

Chocholate gravy sure does sound good.  I will try it.  Paula, I havfe tried chocholate on pizza and that was so wonderul. 

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

chocholate pies, chocholate cakes, snickers, kisses and hugs, Missisippis Mud, smores, chocholate covered cherries, chocholate ice cream.

Dang it, I have no one but myself to blame for getting us onto this topic LOL.  But, now I am hungry.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

DWIGHT

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2007, 01:48:55 AM »

Hey! what about ice cream???? :o :o I mean, how can you do an eight year study and not include ice cream??? :-* :-*

Dwight

Mickyd

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2007, 08:22:55 PM »

This is the true meaning of all that junk food you eat:

* Pretzels mean you're a flirt and you're very lively and energetic.
* Cheese curls mean you have great integrity and maintain a high moral ground.
* Potato chips mean you are aggressive, a real go-getter who will not take no for an answer.
* Tortilla chips mean you're a perfectionist. An "A" is not good enough for you. It has to be an "A+."
* Beef jerky means you're the life of the party. You're outgoing and gregarious.

Hmmm....I eat all of these. I guess that means that I'm just fat! ;D

jennie

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2007, 11:51:03 AM »

I can cook food all day but not get hungry. My friends here all laugh about it because they have to eat if they cook. I weigh around 100 lbs. so I get a lot of ribbing about " feeling full" just from the smells! Sometimes though I can pack it in. The last time I went to a local Italian buffet with my friend, I had a salad, 4 cokes, 7 slices of pizza, a bowl of lasagna a, a couple of breadsticks and 3 pieces of that yummy chocolate dessert pizza! An hour later I was stopping for a milkshake. Angie just looked at me like I was crazy!

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2007, 12:05:41 PM »

Jennie,

:D :D :D :D  I unfortunately weigh more than you do, but I can get the same reactions.  I do not eat a whole lot if I know that we are going out to eat, becuase I do not want to overload on calories, so I will spend that day excersising and eating like oh, I guess veggies and stuff like that, before going out to eat. 

Need you to imagine something. A box so big, that it holds a 530 sqaure inch pizza in it.  On a good day, where nothing is eathen for 2 days in a row excpet the veggies, I can seriously eat half of it.

Your post reminded me of what I do.  Thanks for sharing.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

jennie

« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2007, 12:16:34 PM »

Now, little girl , that is amazing!!!! Jennie

PKnowler

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2007, 01:49:41 PM »

I weigh around 100 lbs.

All right twiggy! Are your trying to ruin a good thing? :D With all this talk about delicious food and you bring up weight. LOL  :D  If this hedonistic food thread is going to turn into a weight confessional I am so outta here  LOL :D :D :D

Hey Jennie, I have a present for you!  
And here have a little dessert! 

No for you! ha ha  :D :D

Love ya though!
~Paula  :)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 02:07:48 PM by PKnowler »

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2007, 03:12:12 PM »

Paula,

What a cute post, as well as the face looking at that shark.  Thanks we need some color in the forum, becuase black on white gets a little tedious.  Thanks for brightening the halls, nice to have an interior decorator on board.

:)

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

SandyFla

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2007, 04:27:30 PM »

Chocholate yuuuummmmmyyyyy.

Well I sure do hope that there's plenty in heaven.   ;D

It wouldn't be heaven without it!

I've often wondered about the terms "angel food cake" and "devil's food cake" (not really, but follow me here for a sec ...) If Satan will be saved, then devil's food cake will be reconciled to God also. ;) Thus, there should be plenty of chocolate in heaven. :P heehee

Sandy

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2007, 04:33:22 PM »

Sandy,

Good and excellent logic.  Grins.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 20 queries.