bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Junk Food Reveals Your Personality  (Read 15435 times)

Jackie Lee

Re: Junk Food Reveals Your Personality
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2007, 04:46:10 PM »

Growing up in the south I was raised on chocolate gravy and fresh buttered biscuits.
Chocolate gravy is great!!

gmik

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2007, 10:26:13 PM »

Well, you guys have topped me!!  I THOUGHT I was a chocoholic but I am NOTHING compared to you all!!

Chocolate grave-y.  YUK.  I was born in Kentucky and I have never heard of it. It must be from the DEEP south.  hmmm????

Mickyd

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2007, 11:13:48 PM »

Well, you guys have topped me!!  I THOUGHT I was a chocoholic but I am NOTHING compared to you all!!

Chocolate grave-y.  YUK.  I was born in Kentucky and I have never heard of it. It must be from the DEEP south.  hmmm????

Yeah....You gave to go a little farther South than that....but not much. I'm from NW Tennessee and have had it many many times. Yummy!!

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2007, 11:37:57 PM »

Gena and Puala,

Where you finding the smiley faces.   I would like to use one sometimes as well.  I love the color to the forum.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

PKnowler

« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2007, 04:25:20 AM »

Gena and Puala,

Where you finding the smiley faces.   I would like to use one sometimes as well.  I love the color to the forum.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

Hey Anne,

You can find a lot of smileys by Googling it. That's how I find mine.

Here's a few of my favorites:

http://bestsmileys.com/pageindex.htm

http://www.abestweb.com/smilies/

http://www.websitegoodies.com/smilies/sign.php

http://www.thesmilies.com/

Have fun!

~Paula

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2007, 01:05:45 PM »

Paula,

Thanks for the links. They are quite cool.  I will have fun.  I love the color to the boards.

Thanks for decorating and encouraging others to decorate as well.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

iris

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2007, 11:23:46 AM »

Hey Paula,

Thanks for the links to all the different funny faces and the little jumpy thingies.
Your post with all the colorful food was cool!!!  :o  ;D

Iris

gmik

« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2007, 03:25:31 PM »

Mickyd   Well, I just asked my mom and aunt about chocolate gravy--Lord yes, of course eastern Kentucky has it-our family just never liked it!!!

Now everyone, re read this entire thread.  What a hoot!!

rick

« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2007, 06:57:36 PM »

Researchers have some news for chocolate lovers: it may be good for you. Scientists reported preliminary evidence recently that cocoa and other chocolates may keep high blood pressure down, your blood flowing and your heart healthy.
The research, the latest which correlates eating flavonoid-rich foods with a reduced risk of cardiovascular disease(1), was presented in February at the American Association for the Advancement of Science's (AAAS) annual meeting in Boston.

One study found that a substance in cocoa helps the body process nitric oxide (NO), a compound critical for healthy blood flow and blood pressure. Another study showed that flavonols in cocoa prevent fat-like substances in the bloodstream from oxidizing and clogging the arteries, and make blood platelets less likely to stick together and cause clots. Flavonoids are plant compounds with potent antioxidant properties; so far, scientists have found more than 4,000 kinds. Cocoa beans contain large quantities of flavonoids, and so do red wine, tea, cranberries, peanuts, strawberries, apples and many other fruits and vegetables.(2) The flavonoids in chocolate are called flavonols.

Generally, science has found that dark chocolate is higher in flavonoids than milk chocolate.(3) The way that cocoa powder and chocolate syrups are manufactured removes most flavonoids.

gmik

« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2007, 10:50:41 PM »

All Chocoholics have actually always known, deep down, that it HAD to be good for us!

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2007, 05:11:18 AM »

Gena,

I knew it was always good.

Rick,

Thanks for posting this, this was interesting.  Yeah for us chocholate lovers.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.174 seconds with 20 queries.